Two New DH course in MN...for all you midwesterners...pics inside- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Two New DH course in MN...for all you midwesterners...pics inside

What up guys,
    In the last two weeks I have helped to design and build not one but TWO Downhill courses and at two seperate ski areas, one at Spirit Mtn, Duluth, MN and the other at Steeple Chase Ski Area, near Rochester, MN.

I just thought I'd pass along the info that Steeple Chase is still not open to the public but the course is awesome 800m long and has over 20 hits on the way down.And believe it or not it was totally built to IMBA standard, thanks to all the volunteers that came out to help numbered at 45 we had volunteers from three organizations all of which are XC based, which was cool to see!!! All that needs to be done is to build some jumps up a little more and some berms!

While Spirit I don't have an official measurement of but is nice and long and will have some re-vamps from the 1st poorly designed course from last year. The pics of this are of the new sections! Not super technical but extremely fun to ride! Anyway here are some pictures of said courses.

If any of you guys are in the area of either of these and would like to help please PM or e-mail me at [email protected] and I can get you lined up with the right people.

Thanks
    L8R
    Buck

Steeple Chase Pics...
    Fun little log ride on the side of the DH course...oak, mmmm...

Hip to berm...pretty cool, will be built up more in a week or so...

Cool hip off of rock, can't see how tough the move really is, hard to do at speed and stay in control!

Drop right at the beginning of the course, another tech move, you have about a two bike lengths to gain control and make a super tight berm.

Spirit Mtn course pics of new section...
    Rocks are fun, cool rock gardn we ran the course through.

Cool little drop thing you come screaming into...pretty fun and hard, have to land on a turn that is bermless...

Another pic of the rocks gardn...

Here is what is before all that some berms with little jumps/rollers along the way...good time super fun and fast!.

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck
    What up guys,
    In the last two weeks I have helped to design and build not one but TWO Downhill courses and at two seperate ski areas, one at Spirit Mtn, Duluth, MN and the other at Steeple Chase Ski Area, near Rochester, MN.

I just thought I'd pass along the info that Steeple Chase is still not open to the public but the course is awesome 800m long and has over 20 hits on the way down.And believe it or not it was totally built to IMBA standard, thanks to all the volunteers that came out to help numbered at 45 we had volunteers from three organizations all of which are XC based, which was cool to see!!! All that needs to be done is to build some jumps up a little more and some berms!

While Spirit I don't have an official measurement of but is nice and long and will have some re-vamps from the 1st poorly designed course from last year. The pics of this are of the new sections! Not super technical but extremely fun to ride! Anyway here are some pictures of said courses.

If any of you guys are in the area of either of these and would like to help please PM or e-mail me at [email protected] and I can get you lined up with the right people.

Thanks
    L8R
    Buck

Steeple Chase Pics...
    Fun little log ride on the side of the DH course...oak, mmmm...

Hip to berm...pretty cool, will be built up more in a week or so...

Cool hip off of rock, can't see how tough the move really is, hard to do at speed and stay in control!

Drop right at the beginning of the course, another tech move, you have about a two bike lengths to gain control and make a super tight berm.

Spirit Mtn course pics of new section...
    Rocks are fun, cool rock gardn we ran the course through.

Cool little drop thing you come screaming into...pretty fun and hard, have to land on a turn that is bermless...

Another pic of the rocks gardn...

Here is what is before all that some berms with little jumps/rollers along the way...good time super fun and fast!.

niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice...

oh and :drool:

Glad to Be Alive
    very nice pics...good job
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

No longer riding a haro!
    Aug 2004
    Why do people (no offense jbsox) have to qoute a whole post filled with pictures?? It makes the post slower and you have to look at the same stuff twice.....
    Besides, its obvious that you are talking to the original poster, not somebody else.

Enough ranting, nice job and cool pictures.
    If you're not living on the edge you're taking up to much space.

pwn3rator
    cool stuff...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.