Tuning a 05 Marzocchi Triple fork- Mtbr.com
    jzt
    mtbr member

Tuning a 05 Marzocchi Triple fork

Hi,

Can a 2005 Dropoff Triple have its rebound damping adjusted by changing the oil inside? I was thinking heavier weight oil to slow down rebound? According to the Marzocchi website, it uses open bath ssv damping, if that helps. thanks in advance!

jason

Absurd
    Quote Originally Posted by jzt
    Hi,

Can a 2005 Dropoff Triple have its rebound damping adjusted by changing the oil inside? I was thinking heavier weight oil to slow down rebound? According to the Marzocchi website, it uses open bath ssv damping, if that helps. thanks in advance!

jason
    Changing the oil weight/vis will make some differences. They may not be exactly what you want, but generally thicker=slower stroke, thinner = quicker stroke. I've never owned a drop off triple before, but aren't they similar (or the same as) a JR. T.? I know on the JR. T you can adjust the rebound internally, at least on my '03 you could on the right leg. You could also check the oil level as well as the spring weight to make sure they are up to your weight ( no, no one, not even Marz knows exactly what all the different colors of springs mean ). Or you could call Marz and ask for tech. support. They are usually really helpfull.

Bum Buzzer
    Quote Originally Posted by jzt
    Hi,

jason
    The SSV/SSVF forks have adjustable rebound - need to open the fork, and it is a 5 or 6 mm -- way down in the center on top of the damper..........

You can change the oi wieght, but if you are a lighter rider, it may cause the compression to spike. (BTW, contrary to common commentaary ALL forks have Compression and Rebound damping, its just a matter of whethewr or not its adjustable!)