tubeless...a hard lesson- Mtbr.com
    Glad to Be Alive

tubeless...a hard lesson

here is a helpful tip on tubeless that would have saved me some agravation...

Up at mammoth the very top on skid marks and got a huge hole in my tire and all my stans went out....

I glued the whole but didnt get deep enough.and it didn't hold air longer then 2 minutes...and I was forced to use an innertube that we had to cut in half and knot to get down hill. (forgot 17 mm wrench )

well here is the tip I did at the bottom....took small allen and bored hole big enough to get super glue in ....then I let dry and loaded up with air and was on my way....so if you have a bad flat try using the allen wrench technique....might save you a walk down the mountain
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I was forced to use an innertube that we had to cut in half and knot to get down hill. (forgot 17 mm wrench )
    A genuine MacGyver you are.

Nice tip - will keep that in mind for when I gore one of my tubeless.

Fort Valley = Gnarl Fest
    you need to master the glue patch w/o taking the wheel off the bike!! my fave repair I can patch a tube in a 1:30minutes. thats what got me frustrated with Stans, I would get a hole and stans would just squirt out! or the bead would bust and I was SOL. went back to tubes B/C I dont run low pressure anyways.

good fix SMT superglue is now going to be a must for my repair kit!
    OMG GUISE IT HAZ A AIER SHOCK WTF OO DUZ THAT?!?!?

StraightOuttaCompton
    dude, how the hell did you do that on skid marks? it isnt that rocky at all. At least it wasnt on a gnar trail like chainsmoke
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Djponee
    dude, how the hell did you do that on skid marks? it isnt that rocky at all. At least it wasnt on a gnar trail like chainsmoke
    might have cut it on chainsmoke (just rode that).....or maybe ran over something at top...dk
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    What tire if you don't mind me asking?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by combatkimura
    What tire if you don't mind me asking?
    michelin 24 size 2.6.....it was almost like someone stabbed it

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    So you used superglue in the original hole? I don't understand why you bored a second hole with an allen wrench?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    So you used superglue in the original hole? I don't understand why you bored a second hole with an allen wrench?
    jammed wrench into original hole to get super glue on otherside of tire too.....wasn't sealing on outside with superglue...needed on inside also

mtbr member
    It's Very Interesting Hearing the Outcome of the story seeing how I actually witnessed the middle portion of the story. Definitely sucks walking down from that particular part of the trail.
    Hey, My Picture is Finally of Me!!!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofthemountain82
    It's Very Interesting Hearing the Outcome of the story seeing how I actually witnessed the middle portion of the story. Definitely sucks walking down from that particular part of the trail.
    no walking rode bike down the hill....yeah rode the tire all day today......was very frustrated on mountain, but it was nice seeing you...sorry we didn't talk much....

mtbr member

ITEM # TB-2
    Emergency Tire Boot

The fastest, easiest, and most secure way to repair a cut or worn tire sidewall. The all-new TB-2 is produced using a strong, waterproof vinyl membrane with fiber weave reinforcement. A super strong pressure sensitive adhesive assures the boot stays in place in any tire, road or mountain, high or low pressure. A true ride saver.
    The TB-2 measures approximately 76mm x 45mm (3" X 1.75")
    Craig Kelly is my copilot.Product Marketing and Product Photographer

Members who have read this thread: 0