Trek Session 77??- Mtbr.com
    dirt rules

Trek Session 77??

I'm 6' tall, but pretty light, and used to small bikes. (bmx cruiser, giant STP) Do you think the 15" frame will be too small? I could care less about the seat height, I just worry about the top tube length.... I might score an '05 in perfect shape for about $900. Should I seriously consider it, or should I keep looking? I just need a bike for whistler once a year, and falls city once in a while.

dirt rules
    I would sure like to get some opinions on this bike!! Has anyone ridden one? I think I can get it for around $900, which seems like a killer deal....

fork- manitou sherman breakout plus, 170mm/130mm, SPV valving, headset - cane creek 1.5 - shock - manitou swinger 4 way - bar- bontrager big earl 31.8 - stem- bontrager big earl 31.8 - grips- ODI waffle lock on - brakes - Hayes HFX mag- shifter - Sram x9 - front Derailleur – Shimano XT- Rear Derailleur-Sram x9 - Cassette – Sram (11-34)- Chain - Dura Ace - Cranks - Shimano Saint 36/24 w/bash guard - Tires - Big Earl 2.5 dual compound - Wheels - Big Earl w/10mm rear thru axle - Post - Big Earl - Seat- Big Earl - Color-Matte Black-

moaaar shimz
    Get it!!! Now!!!

Registered Jong
    That bike is really mint you should go for it pretyt much a beefier design of the stinky and less travel than the banshee Trek high end stuff is really good and reliable.................ridden one felt beefieer and stronger than a stinky get it 900 if u don't im sure someone will

Glad to Be Alive
    PM Locnroc....he rides one locally here
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

dirt rules
    Ok, I went and sat on one at the local Trek dealer and it felt good. I'm actually temped by the one they have, they custom built it, and it's setup sweet with a Jr. T, saint derailer, Deity chainguide, and some other nice parts. $2100 makes the $900 deal look pretty sweet though. I'm going see if I can snag the '05. Thanks for the replies fellas.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    2005 Session 77 stock set-up retail is 3409.99. You will have to do some tweaking to get it to fit you right though. I think it may be too small in my opinion but for $900.00...

dirt rules
    I'm used to small bikes, I ride a 24" BMX. The small Trek at the shop felt fine, so I think it will work. I can probably get my $$ back out of it if I decide later on that I don't like it. Payment of $900+75 for shipping sent, I should get it sometime late next week!

TNC
    noMAD man

They've had a price reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by KPVSR
    2005 Session 77 stock set-up retail is 3409.99. You will have to do some tweaking to get it to fit you right though. I think it may be too small in my opinion but for $900.00...
    The '06 77 with the Travis fork and other excellent components should be priced around $2100-$2500 depending on the individual shop's markup policy. One of the other guys who works at our shop just bought one. The dealer cost price is phenomenal right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    True, I forgot about the excellent close out prices Trek is giving on the '06 models. I should have known better since I just picked up an '06 Fuel EX9 for $1700.00. Get 'em while you can.

dirt rules
    I'm still pretty damned stoked about getting one in new condition for $900.
    These things are somewhat under-rated from what I've read on them. They tend to get really excellent reviews, yet don't seem nearly as popular as some of the other freeride bikes out there. Maybe they are just not marketed as aggressively.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingduck
    I'm still pretty damned stoked about getting one in new condition for $900.
    These things are somewhat under-rated from what I've read on them. They tend to get really excellent reviews, yet don't seem nearly as popular as some of the other freeride bikes out there. Maybe they are just not marketed as aggressively.
    man you should be arrested for stealing, because you got such a great price....lucky you man
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

dirt rules
    I will try and get some good action shots as soon as I can... I plan to run up to Falls City when it dries up a little around here. Next week is going to suck, waiting for the bike to arrive.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i snagged the same bike midway through last season, my first real big rig, i am 6ft 190 and i run the 15.5 in,
    I ride a little xc with it and its a bit cramped but for everything else its fine.
    Id say you may want to swap out the rear spring though if its stock depending on how much u weigh the 350 that it comes with is a bit mushy for my size.
    I think a 70mm stem and a setback seat post may also help your cause if your doing anything other than lift serviced
    Super efficient and a pretty good ride overall

me jumping bflo
    yep get it.... NOW it will b gone soon
    PHIB
    I Suck at spelling
    98% of all teens do drugs or have tried them, if you are in the 2% range, copy and paste this in to your signature...

dirt rules
    I am only 155 lbs, so hopefully it will be ok. I sat on a 15.5" bike at the local trek dealer and it seemed fine. I'll see if I can score another spring anyway, but first I will be needing a chainguide.

New School
    such a sick ride, i regret selling mine, cept i now ride a session 10 JIGGGAAA
    ALGIO E OLIO!

i drink shower water
    good deal. i think the reason they seem under rated is bevause they are basically a stinky. nothing stands out about them, but they are really good bikes.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

Members who have read this thread: 0