Trek Session 7 vs. Iron Horse 7point3..- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Trek Session 7 vs. Iron Horse 7point3..

Which one would you choose?..The Iron Horse 7point 3 or the Trek Session7?..Here in Italy the Trek costs a bit more...but I saw how the frame is built and to me it looks impressive..I have read only one review about the Session7 on the french freeride magazine Big Bike..and they say it a serious bike for the money..By the way the Iron Horse ,despite is a new design,it seems it works great too.Do you know about other review of the Trek?..or .anyone has tried both to give me an advice?
    Luca

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    if your going stock i'd go for the session7 but if your doing your own build, i'd think about the 7 point.
    Nor-Cal Freeride Mob

mtbr member
    To me this would really depend on whether you will be buying the frame separate or if you are gonna get the stock build. The trek does seem like a great frame but the 7. frame is pretty solid too. The component builds are where I would pay a lot of attention of you are going stock.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dhride96
    if your going stock i'd go for the session7 but if your doing your own build, i'd think about the 7 point.
    Why?..the frame itself inspires you more than the Trek frame?
    The Iron Horse features this DW LInk new system...while the Trek is classic 4 bar like Kona ..but have you seen how it is made..The quality is awesome..I know that Trek is quite new to the freride area..but I think they moved on the right way..

G3Riders
    Jan 2004

Session seems to be too overbuilt...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingleman
    Which one would you choose?..The Iron Horse 7point 3 or the Trek Session7?..Here in Italy the Trek costs a bit more...but I saw how the frame is built and to me it looks impressive..I have read only one review about the Session7 on the french freeride magazine Big Bike..and they say it a serious bike for the money..By the way the Iron Horse ,despite is a new design,it seems it works great too.Do you know about other review of the Trek?..or .anyone has tried both to give me an advice?
    Luca
    It's all depending where and what do you ride.

Look for German BIKE magazine from june or may, there was a test of freeride bikes, and it seems Trek Session is too overbuilt for its designated use. The whole bike was something like 19.5kg and frameset alone was some crazy 5.2kg or so!! (more than Demo8/9 frameset!)

Personally I wouldn''t buy "fault" four-bar frame of 7" travel which weights 5kg.

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I have a IH 7point7, and it is awesome. 7point all the way