Transition Revolutions wheelset?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2006

New question here. Transition Revolutions wheelset?

I got my Blur 4X frame a few weeks ago and I am in the process of figuring out what parts to buy. I got a white frame and know I am going to run a Pike, but I haven't decided on a wheelset. I am thinking of buying the red transition wheelset, but am wondering if you guys think I should just buy the rims and lace them to a better hub or should I just buy the complete wheelset?
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    i have two sets, the 36 and the 32. the 32 has had a bit of a beating, and is on my hardtail, but is holding strong. the 36 is on my br with 2.5s and it feels as if it just destroys everything in its path. my friend has the am wheelset, and it feels pretty dinky...too light and not that stiff. The hubs seem just fine to me....haven't had the littlest bit of trouble ever. I would go with the 32's as a whole wheelset and then put some kinda light tires to keep the weight down. Or go tubeless?....anyone know how that works?
    Gnar Cal!

mtbr member
    Jul 2006
    IIRC, they're kinda heavy for a 4x bike.

What does a set of Revo's run for?

mtbr member
    IIRC? whats that
    Gnar Cal!

moaaar shimz
    Lace them.

I would suggest Hope PRO II in blue laced to Syncros DS28 for a nice white wheelset. Or if you want another brand then Alex Supra D rims.

Meh.
    I prefer Hadleys to Hopes. The MTX is a nice rim. You can probably get away with the SingleTrack or SOS for racing. Mavic 721 is lighter. 729 if you beat stuff up real bad. The Atomlab Pimplites come in tons of colors and are strong.

mtbr member
    I have to pitch the Hope Pro II i have them and they are awesome and you can get them from price point in just about any color and i know there was a thread about arrow racing rims they were talking about selling them in red or raw so you can paint them for your self

mtbr member
    It all depends on how much cash your willing to dish out, but the Revolution 32 is a pretty nice wheelset. They aren't the lightest thing in the world, but are pretty darn strong, and you can't beat the price. The hubs are either the same or damn close to the Azonic Outlaw wheelset (another good alternative)
    '05 p.2
    tryin to have fun on a college budget, and doin a pretty good job of it

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    I'm getting the red Transiton rims for sure, but I was just wondering if I sould lace them to Hope pro ll or if I should just get the wheelset.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Brackish
    The hubs are great, my wife has been riding a pair on her Bottle rocket for over a year and they've never given her any kind of problems. Nice quick engagement. I'm picking up a pair of the 36s for my Dirtbag, but I just found out that they are coming out with a full line of anodized hubs this spring so I'm going to wait until I can pick up a wheelset with green or gold hubs.

https://www.transitionbikes.com/2007/index.cfm

mtbr member
    That's a beautiful deep red isn't it.

I hope the gold is more of an orange/gold like the shade of their chainguide and not a bronze/gold. I would imagine it would match the guide and their other gold bits, like the gold pivot bolts I just installed.

I'd love to have a set of raw rims with the gold hubs...

Bottlerockin'
    I haven't been overly impressed with my 36's. Yes they're pretty burly, but they dent quite easily and are rolling boat anchors. Definitely looking to upgrade soon...

Calm Like a Bomb
    my transition double will be coming in soon with some revo 32's on it....i'll run them and see how they are...might switch hubs though later on

what is the rest of the build on the blur 4x??
    '17 Hatchet Carbon
    '17 Troy Carbon
    '16 Django Carbon
    '16 Wilson
    '16 Farley 5

https://www.instagram.com/jayparrington/

Members who have read this thread: 0