Transition Bottle Rocket or Azonic B-52- Mtbr.com
    pin it to win it
    Nov 2005

Transition Bottle Rocket or Azonic B-52

Which frame should i get. Im lookin to start building a new FR bike, just wondering which frame is better.????
    Last edited by mtbames190; 05-06-2007 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    i've been pondering the same question, actually been looking at both those bikes too, only problem is for me, i think the bottle rocket seems a lil heavy for only5.5in. While the lighter b52 seems like a better option to me, I can't find anyone whos actually ridden one, the horst link suspension should be very pedable. I need to know more about this frame as well. Secondly, transition's customer service is about as good as it can get and their warntys are top notch, azonic staff is nearly impossible to get a hold of, in fact, 4 e mails and 3 weeks i have yet to get a response at all. I was looking for more speciffic frame dimensions and geometry.

mtbr member
    My vote is for the Bottlerocket.
    Quote Originally Posted by shredder111
    Can I paint your rockring, silly bun salad?

ride hard take risks
    skiz your not alone there, welcome to mas-production of a name brand.

mtbames190 you will get many different oppinions on this subject. Personally i say Versus Blitz II.

http://www.versuscycles.com/
    Formotion Products
    http://www.formot

Glad to Be Alive
    at first I thought it was a greagt Idea of an FSR bike weighing under 8.5 with 7 inches or so travel......then I saw the B-52 at the races and didn't like it so well.....now a buddy is riding one and it is pretty sweet bike......getting hold of Azonic people is easy if you know the right people to talk too (Jose-wink wink)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    at first I thought it was a greagt Idea of an FSR bike weighing under 8.5 with 7 inches or so travel......then I saw the B-52 at the races and didn't like it so well.....now a buddy is riding one and it is pretty sweet bike......getting hold of Azonic people is easy if you know the right people to talk too (Jose-wink wink)
    Life shouldn't be that complicated bro.
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    yeah good poin there versus blitz ll is a sweet ride !

Its one of the frames I'm slowly leaning towards because of transition weight issues, and azonic service issues.

I'm also leaning towards the Canfield Brothers Balance... Probably more that than anything else right now, especially after i saw the build on here that was done under 36 pounds. I think i could get mine even lighter.

-> SickLines.com <-
    The BottleRocket frame is lighter than the Canfield Balance frame by a little bit.

The Blitz II frame is approximately 2lbs heavier than both the BottleRocket and Canfield.

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    skiz - consider a DS race frame if you want something lighter than the BR in a similar style/geo bike. Morewood Ndiza, etc. I'm on a Nicolai UFO-DS, which unfortunately is not much lighter, if any, than a BR but similar style, slightly less travel. I've never been more in love with a frame.

Another great frame to look at is the Nemesis Double Agent. It's 5" out back but only weighs 7.4 lbs with a Rocco Air. With the right build it would turn out very light and very capable. I'm currently obsessing over the thought of adding one to my fleet...

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by Err
    skiz - consider a DS race frame if you want something lighter than the BR in a similar style/geo bike. Morewood Ndiza, etc. I'm on a Nicolai UFO-DS, which unfortunately is not much lighter, if any, than a BR but similar style, slightly less travel. I've never been more in love with a frame.

Another great frame to look at is the Nemesis Double Agent. It's 5" out back but only weighs 7.4 lbs with a Rocco Air. With the right build it would turn out very light and very capable. I'm currently obsessing over the thought of adding one to my fleet...
    You gotta send me a picture of your bike quiver sometime.

A Morewood Shova LT would be a solid option for him.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by skiz
    in fact, 4 e mails and 3 weeks i have yet to get a response at all. I was looking for more speciffic frame dimensions and geometry.
    I'm sorry......and you're still considering the Azonic why again?? I realize their bikes are affordable and all, but this echoes many folks sentiments of trying to get a hold of them. I've got a couple of buddies on Sabers and they work well, but Azonic's CS is not their strong point. Just because SMT has an inside connection (wink-wink) and has owned nearly every component Azonic sells does not mean everyone gets the same level of service.

Cheers,
    EB

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    Quote Originally Posted by mtb_biker
    You gotta send me a picture of your bike quiver sometime.

A Morewood Shova LT would be a solid option for him.
    Or even the Shova ST at 5.5" travel and 7lbs.

I'm in the midst of another build, once this one is done I'll round 'em up. It's funny, but I can't ever leave well enough alone so I'm constantly tearing down and rebuilding my bikes. I have 3 frames in various stages of tear down and 4 bikes built up right now. About to build up my new Nicolai BMXTB though, should have it done soon.

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    yeah the canfield is a lil more than the bottle rocket but, I'm under the impression it will pedal a lot better than the bottle rocket due to its suspension design. Where i live theres a lot of pedaling to be done on flat and uphill segments to get anywhere you can let gravity take over.

I'm also considering some of the new designs Banshee is going to be offering up this summer. I have a scratch hardtail built up as a DS rig right now and love riding it just about everywhere.

ride hard take risks
    Blitz II is my do all bike even here in Nor Cal you have to ride up in order to go down. They can be built as light as 32lbs with proper selection of parts. My bike weighs in at 39lbs.
    Formotion Products

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Blitz II is my do all bike even here in Nor Cal you have to ride up in order to go down. They can be built as light as 32lbs with proper selection of parts. My bike weighs in at 39lbs.
    Put those parts off your 32lb Blitz II and you'll have a 30lb Bottlerocket, a 30lb canfield balance, etc.

mtbr member
    The Blitz is one of the worst bikes i have ever been on.

clyde in training
    I would say get the bottle rocket. Don't get the versus, it wasn't even on the list.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    I rode Azonic's at the sea otter and it felt wierd but I think it was just the setup.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Put those parts off your 32lb Blitz II and you'll have a 30lb Bottlerocket, a 30lb canfield balance, etc.
    Hahaha, a 30lb BR, that'll be the day : ) My BR is @ 33.5. Unless you go cross country parts it will be difficult to get under 33lbs.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005

Or a Blur 4x

-> SickLines.com <-
    Quote Originally Posted by ender
    Hahaha, a 30lb BR, that'll be the day : ) My BR is @ 33.5. Unless you go cross country parts it will be difficult to get under 33lbs.
    Haha yep I agree but the point was that if you've got a 32lb blitz, you'd have a 30lb bottlerocket with the same parts.

My arm hurts a little
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    Thanks for your info!!

BR for sure. That B-52 is tin canish.
    Hardtail downhill
    https://youtu.be/sXhWDoz7_CM
    tresspassing, thievery and poaching is all part of a DH'ers life

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    I rode Azonic's at the sea otter and it felt wierd but I think it was just the setup.

yeah it doesn't work with a Shiver.....they need a longer fork like the 888, but they are too cheap to get one
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    BR...great bike and great company behind it.

biking is fun
    i like my bottlerocket but i have only had it for a month,
    it pedals really good but the seat extension is a little nasty

i agree with waiting for next years banshee's to come out
    the wildcard only wieghts 7 pounds and has 5 or 6.5 travel
    looks sick!!!
    by next year you could buy a marzocchi 55 too and have the ultimate play bike

ride hard take risks
    It help's when your sponsored by Transition to say that
    Formotion Products

mtbr member
    It help's when your sponsored by Transition to say that
    Being sponsored by Transition has nothing to do with it. Nice try though. You will never see me on these forums going to any Transition bike threads saying how good there bikes are, or that you should buy one.
    One of my good friends rides a Blitz, and i have shredded it. It was the one of the worst feeling bikes i have ever been on. The bottom line is, that it sucks ballz.

Glad to Be Alive
    Being sponsored by Transition has nothing to do with it. Nice try though. You will never see me on these forums going to any Transition bike threads saying how good there bikes are, or that you should buy one.
    One of my good friends rides a Blitz, and i have shredded it. It was the one of the worst feeling bikes i have ever been on. The bottom line is, that it sucks ballz.
    I have seen Zach's bike and one other...I like the fact the BR is nimble....it seems you can throw it around more....I am not the biggest fan of Stinky's and the Blitz seems like a built up Stinky

Just roll it......
    I have seen Zach's bike and one other...I like the fact the BR is nimble....it seems you can throw it around more....I am not the biggest fan of Stinky's and the Blitz seems like a built up Stinky
    But aren't you comparing a couple of different style of bikes? I'd say the Dirtbag and the Blitz (and Stinky) are more similar in design and intent than the BR.

BTW, I'm a fan of the Stinky, byotch!

EB

ride hard take risks
    If you read almost every post is about how good there bikes or components are & why someone should buy it. That is what formus are about. This also includes ones that like to bash companys for personal reasons. All good here.
    Formotion Products

Pro Crastinator
    ...Another great frame to look at is the Nemesis Double Agent. It's 5" out back but only weighs 7.4 lbs with a Rocco Air...
    the frame comes with a choice of 4" or 5" rockers....

Group Hug Participant

Don't get a bottlerocket!

Everyone and their grandmother has a BottleRocket. Don' get me wrong, I have a new BR and I do like grandmas, but why not get something different then us happy BR owners?

What sort of riding did you mention?
    Official Chocolate Fountain Spokesman

mtbr member
    I swing from the balls of Versus like a hyperactive retarded chimpazee.
    I don't know about all that, but the Blitz is a hainus bike. My boy AT jumped a chollo holding a pitbull, over a ravine gap, in a Versus ad. It was pretty much the funniest bike ad to ever go in a magazine.

Me hates pinchflat
    yeah good poin there versus blitz ll is a sweet ride !

Its one of the frames I'm slowly leaning towards because of transition weight issues, and azonic service issues.

I'm also leaning towards the Canfield Brothers Balance... Probably more that than anything else right now, especially after i saw the build on here that was done under 36 pounds. I think i could get mine even lighter.
    Well, the blitz is not excactly light...
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

My arm hurts a little
    I don't know about all that, but the Blitz is a hainus bike. My boy AT jumped a chollo holding a pitbull, over a ravine gap, in a Versus ad. It was pretty much the funniest bike ad to ever go in a magazine.
    I want to see this picture. Andrew over a Chollo with a pit bull sound's awesome. I could care less what you opinion of the Blitz is because well it is just your opinion.
    Hardtail downhill

Cinchy is a cool word ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    Everyone and their grandmother has a BottleRocket. Don' get me wrong, I have a new BR and I do like grandmas, but why not get something different then us happy BR owners?

So it's a conformist thing, not about how the bike rides?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by skankinpickle
    So it's a conformist thing, not about how the bike rides?

(Sits, waiting for BottleRocket to arrive.)

Me hates pinchflat

My grandma rulz the hukzorz to flazorz on her BR
    Quote Originally Posted by sriracha
    "jesus would huck it"
    Quote Originally Posted by FoShizzle
    i have found the 1.5" headtubes to be slightly larger in diameter than 1 1/8", plus or minus

ride hard take risks
    Nice touch there you can spell & edit
    Formotion Products

Group Hug Participant
    Quote Originally Posted by 545cu4ch
    My grandma rulz the hukzorz to flazorz on her BR
    See? Now that's what I'm talking about! Huckin g-ma's rule.

ride hard take risks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better

(Sits, waiting for BottleRocket to arrive.)
    See if they will deliver it with a different shock till the shock you want comes in. It should be posted that the shock is B/O at least.
    Formotion Products

SMT Supporter
    Comparing the Transition BR with the Azonic b-52 is like to compare the Marzoccchi 888 with the Z1.

The transition is more a bike that you can take to the DJ, do some drops and stuff.
    And the Azonic is more like a light DH racing frame. Better braking, slacker geo and stuff like that.....

BTW I dont know what peope find so interesting on transition bicycles...IMO their suspension system sucks, as the wheigt and geo on their bikes.....
    The TOP is a overbuild heavy piece of steel...with the tubing as fat as a aluminum frame making it a boat anchor.
    The gran Mal is the worst DH frame without floater and a bad geo like the high BB and ugly sizing
    The dirtbag is heavy for a simpre kona stiny ripoff.

The only one I thing is going to be a very good bike (IMO) is their new Dh frame....wich looks like a very elaborated and thinked frame.
    this one:
    http://www.pinkbike.com/news/Transit...type-2007.html
    "If you have a 50 dollar head, buy a 50 dollar helmet"

Group Hug Participant

Finally!

Someone brave enough to come in and say, "I'm a retard and have no effin clue what I'm talking about."

Props to you, man. Props to you.

Now, back to Special Ed with you Skippy!

ride your bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongiafer
    The dirtbag is heavy for a simpre kona stiny ripoff.
    Stiny? Not the stiny!

Brem doogs mabba theo pron da hooby. Gaff mep hourk lamret.

Glem ek.

Taking it easy for all you sinners.

ride your bike
    i've been pondering the same question, actually been looking at both those bikes too, only problem is for me, i think the bottle rocket seems a lil heavy for only5.5in. While the lighter b52 seems like a better option to me, I can't find anyone whos actually ridden one, the horst link suspension should be very pedable. I need to know more about this frame as well. Secondly, transition's customer service is about as good as it can get and their warntys are top notch, azonic staff is nearly impossible to get a hold of, in fact, 4 e mails and 3 weeks i have yet to get a response at all. I was looking for more speciffic frame dimensions and geometry.
    The Transition guys could blow Azonic's customer service out of the water by answering the phone and farting into it.
    Taking it easy for all you sinners.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by jubilee
    Stiny? :
    Stiny???....I call call them Steins...and they are really good and high alcohol content (5%)......good to get the swerve on fast
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Mar 2007
    high alcohol content is 5%??? woah you gotta be from the states.... heheh but i do agree its a decent brew...my vote goes to a canfield balance for ya, even though it wasn't on the list...

and.... i think we should start a beer thread!

SMT Supporter

Listen!

Someone brave enough to come in and say, "I'm a retard and have no effin clue what I'm talking about."

Props to you, man. Props to you.

Now, back to Special Ed with you Skippy!
    I'm retard, but not sufficiently to think Transition bikes are great, or to have an avatar with their brand....

mtbr member
    I'm retard, but not sufficiently to think Transition bikes are great, or to have an avatar with their brand....
    How many times have you DJed a TOP? Have you ridden any Transition bikes at all?

-> SickLines.com <-
    The TOP is a overbuild heavy piece of steel...with the tubing as fat as a aluminum frame making it a boat anchor.
    A 6.4lb steel dirt jumping frame is heavy?

Also weren't you the one that said you prefer heavy over weak and TLD D2's were the best helmets ever?

My arm hurts a little
    A 6.4lb steel dirt jumping frame is heavy?

Also weren't you the one that said you prefer heavy over weak and TLD D2's were the best helmets ever?
    Yah I don't get that either. Most Steel DJ's are like 6 to 6.5. And TLD D2's are the best helmet's ever!!!!!!!!
    Hardtail downhill

mtbr member
    See if they will deliver it with a different shock till the shock you want comes in. It should be posted that the shock is B/O at least.
    I did, sort of. They shipped it sans shock today. I'm going to scrounge up somthing to use until the Roco shows up.

SMT Supporter
    How many times have you DJed a TOP? Have you ridden any Transition bikes at all?
    Man the DirtBag is pretty much like the 05 stinkys wich IMO is the nicest stinky to date, I've rode one and really liked it.
    The TOP that i rode was build with 3piece profiles, Dj 2, Cro-mo bars ...and dont get me wrong but the geo is Perfect it is just that is too heavy....compared to my chase frame It wheigts twice wich I don't think is any good for tricks like tailwhips and stuff.... Maybe is a street bike...but i find it hard to bunnyhop due to the wheigh thing....
    And also Is heavy for a steel frame , I've ridden norcos 416 and they felt a lot lighter

If I was going to buy a transition I will definitively wait to see what this guys are coming with for 08...I may be sick....

Group Hug Participant
    I did, sort of. They shipped it sans shock today. I'm going to scrounge up somthing to use until the Roco shows up.
    HAB, I'm not sure if you've heard anything regarding ROCO's, but word on the street is '08 DHX's are shipping now. I'm going to jump on whichever comes first.

ride hard take risks
    Well that really sux. If you cant find one let me know what the eye to eye is, i still have my Blitz frame. I can send you the shock to barrow till your shock arives, the spring might be heavy for your bag o bones though.
    Formotion Products

Members who have read this thread: 0