transition bottle rocket- Mtbr.com
    GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007

transition bottle rocket

I found a great deal on a transition bottle rocket, but i am worried that 5,5 inches of travel will not be enough. I am currently riding an 06 stinky. How much better is the bottle rocket than my stinky and will it be able to handle the gnarly trails. For those that live in so cal i will be riding PGs , telonics and mammoth.so my question is will I really miss the extra 1.5 inches of travel.
    thanks for reading

check your six
    Hmmm.... The BottleRocket is more "slope-style" orientated. Not saying you can crush a DH run with one. I got the BottleRocket as my midsize bike for trails and free-riding. I would not really want to bomb a full on DH run with one. At that point, I feel you will miss the extra 1.5" travel. The Stinky is a great bike, why give it up?
    "We can always find excuses if we want to find them, but if we really want to do something, we have to just go."

mtbr member
    It's not a plush sofa that'll float down a gnarly trail. It is however and extremely fun platform. You'll have to pick your lines more carefully and you might actually like it better than the Stinky. If not, you got a great deal on it so you shouldn't lose much if anything reselling it.

GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007
    I realize it is not a full downhill rig but i was wondering if 1.5 inches less really makes a huge difference. And by gnarly trails I meant technical trails not really fast trails

Slopestyle Rider
    You'll be fine...

mtbr member
    I just got a bottlerocket set up with a 66rc2x, and a Rocco Coil/WC. It's Dyno-Mite!

sixsixtysix
    BottleRockets are weaksauce, you don't want one....

Totally kidding, the 5.5" is plenty for most smooth riders. Here is my buddy on his 2 weeks ago in Moab.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Big Test Icycles
    I sold my 05 stinky Dee-Lux for a Bottlerocket. The Stinky D was a great bike but the BR was like going from a Lazyboy recliner to a rocket. The BR's 5.5" of travel is no issue. I ride at Blackrock mostly with several Whistler trips planned this Summer. The BR is a great bike. I cant talk crap about the Stinky at all as it was truly a great bike too but the design of the BR feels faster.

_
    siick dude mushroom drop on a bottlerocket.

next, make him do it on a hardtail.

GERONIMO!!!!!!!
    Dec 2007
    does anyone have a bottle rocket and ride telonics and pgs if so how does it handle

Members who have read this thread: 0