Transition bikes Manufacturers Forum petition- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2005

Transition bikes Manufacturers Forum petition

Hey all,

I've just created a thread in the site feedback section and asked to see if we can get a Transition bikes forum in the manufacturer section. I know this has been and on going want for quite a few of us on MTBR, so if anyone who wants the forums please speak up!

I'm just hoping that this will be seen by the moderators and then they will note how poular Transition bikes really is!

I also realise that this has been tried more than a few times, so if its not gonna work tell me.

Cheers all,
    Laurence.

P.S. not really a petition is it?

hands up who wants to die
    I'm not certain, but I'm thinking that the brand needs to shell out some $$ to get their own forum. MTBR needs some income, after all.

EDIT: besides, you guys are hyping Transition so much, DH-FR might as well be the Transition forum anyway...
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    is that how the manufacturers forums work, you have to pay for them??
    damn.

I dont even own a Transition... gonna get one soon though

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    I'm not certain, but I'm thinking that the brand needs to shell out some $$ to get their own forum. MTBR needs some income, after all.

EDIT: besides, you guys are hyping Transition so much, DH-FR might as well be the Transition forum anyway...
    The way I see it... having a manufacturer specific forums leads to it becoming a valuable source of information... more search engine traffic for MTBR. Kind of like their reviews. The users provide all of the value to this site. If nobody posted anything worthwhile none of us would be here.

hands up who wants to die
    That sounds nice in theory... but web-advertising doesn't typically pay very much. I'd like to know more about this site family's business model. Their bandwidth costs have to be very high, and I think we've all seen our share of bugs, downtime and crappy (low budget) UI.

Not to slam this otherwise great site/community, but I'm guessing that their overhead is high and $$ volume is probably lower than we think.

-r

Quote Originally Posted by AW_
    The way I see it... having a manufacturer specific forums leads to it becoming a valuable source of information... more search engine traffic for MTBR. Kind of like their reviews. The users provide all of the value to this site. If nobody posted anything worthwhile none of us would be here.

Last edited by rpet; 10-19-2006 at 11:54 AM.
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by rpet
    That sounds nice in theory... but web-advertising doesn't typically pay very much. I'd like to know more about this site family's business model. Their bandwidth costs have to be very high, and I think we've all seen our share of bugs, downtime and crappy (low budget) UI.

Not to slam this othewise great site/community, but I'm guessing that their overhead is high and $$ volume is probably lower than we think.

-r
    Highly specific targeted web advertising can pay very well (this is a niche site, pretty well defined target group). Look at Google.

No idea on how they are doing (hopefully very well). Don't get me wrong I am glad they are here. I take more information than I provide. I too am interested in how they make it work. I cannot imagine the $2 classified ads add up to much.

Just roll it......

Sure why not.

I've got a couple of Transitions sitting in the garage and having one location to share setup tips and help fuel the stoke would be fine with me.

EBX

Cheesiest
    I'd rather read about Transition Bikes than I would a lot of other ones.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    thanks everyone for the replies. Hopefully this thread might lead us in the right direction.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Too bad they don't put a forum on the TBC site. That would work nice. (sorry MTBR)
    All about the ride

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Transition fans and owners have spoken big time. You have my vote. I don't even have a transition but wish I did.

AW_
    locked - time out
    Quote Originally Posted by .downhillfaster.
    UUUUUMMMMM....There already is one.

http://forums.mtbr.com/forumdisplay.php?f=112
    They are not a custom DH/FR/Urban builder though. Just curious what is the criteria that needs to be met in order for a manuf to get their own forum here?

AW_
    locked - time out
    P.S. Does K2 still make bikes?

mtbr member
    If anything, MTBr needs LESS forums.

Half of the forums here could be done away with and a lot of good would come of it.

AW_
    locked - time out
    I honestly don't know, pm Gregg and ask him. I'm sure you wouldn't be the first - but before your time, the "Transition Forum" consisted of one tired old Preston FR thread that just wouldn't die...
    Cool.

In a way, I don't really care... I mean, I know what I need to know about them, and will answer questions about the specifics if people ask. But, it just seems like this site is so niche oriented already, and Transition is blowing up right now... it's not an us vs them thing, just a good place to dump information where it will not get lost. K2 bikes? Ibex? Who?

Let's put it this way, when was the last time the users were asking for a new manufacturer forum to be added?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by bleu
    If anything, MTBr needs LESS forums.

Half of the forums here could be done away with and a lot of good would come of it.
    that may be true but there needs to be a transition forum

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    the "Transition Forum" consisted of one tired old Preston FR thread that just wouldn't die...
    Is there some kind of MTBR award for longest running thread?

mtbr member
    I just ordered my granmal frame.

Just roll it......
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    Is there some kind of MTBR award for longest running thread?
    The worst thing about that particular thread was that dude "Transition J" or whatever his name was would just keep that thread going and going and going with nothing really worthwhile to add. I'm pretty sure that dude was the UK importer for Transitions at the time. I think they're working with someone.........ummm, less annoying now across the pond.

Quote Originally Posted by crappylatay
    I just ordered my granmal frame.
    Congrats on the new rig.. You'll like that bike a bunch.....

no big deal
    I was looking to get a gran mal soon, where'd you get it? Anyone know if there's any close out deals on 06 frames?
    Enjoy yourself, bi***es.
    It's a celebration.
    -Dave Chappelle-

Members who have read this thread: 0