Trail Suggestions...Delema, need suggestions!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Trail Suggestions...Delema, need suggestions!

I've got a wee bit of a delema that I thought I'd post up and see if ya'll had any suggestions for a fellow brethren of the big travel bike crew.

I'm used to having Mtn's, lift access, and land to work with for keeping my progression going with the FR/DH scene however due to certain circumstances I've had to leave my "life" that I created out west in Seattle and retreat to a wonderfully flat land restricted area called Ohio. I've found some pretty decent trails about 2 hours from me and snowshoe is 6 hours but my budget for the next couple of years is limited while I wrap up my schooling and what not. Anyhow, up here in Northeast OH I haven't been able to find too many freeriders or of the like to get together with as the hills, and fellow brethren seem to be about 2 hours south of me. I have found one other dude who like myself, is stuck in this God forsaken(terrain wise) land that is as flat as a 10 year old school girl.

I'm attempting to locate an area that I can work with, legally or stealth mode style in order to incorporate some sort of local sesh spot for big bike action but I'm running outa ideas. Yes I could hold off for my days off and commute a min. of 2 hours to a spot that has a hill about as long as a football field, and has some fun FR type stuff going on, but after about an hours worth of driving I begin to loose my enthusiasm and frankly would like to just find something local to fart around on until I can leave this flat land and get back out west where the Mtn's are plentiful, the riders build, roam, and live life.

I've found a few commercial spots that are just recently sub-lotted for land sale but as far as any public land goes that isn't regulated by some sort of angry terrorist driven bike nazi's, it's just not around. I was thinking about building some dj's, something spaced out enough for my norco six but locating a spot to build is tough, at least legally, and the soil is thick clay like and very hard to dig up. What do you guys do or what would you do if you were put into a situation such as mine? I've found a few major power line area's that have some open land, so I was thinking about finding a good spot to go back in on and start digging. Ultimately if I could just find a decent size hill somewhere, I could sneak in some northshore style stuff and build something that flows, at least for a half minute or so... nothing like what I had going on out in the Seattle area

Help a brotha out, I'm starting to loose my enthusiasm for riding, urban aint my gig, and I need something to ride daily. The 2 hour off spots are OK for my day off here and there, but I need to get something together for daily sessioning, otherwise I might as well sell the bike and start dressing amber crombie and finch and join a softball league(Shoot me if I loose my mind and do this please!)
    Last edited by O~Hi~O; 05-29-2005 at 08:52 PM.
    Now it's time for the blubba
    Blabba
    To watch that belly get fatter
    Fat boy on a diet
    Don't try it
    (SMT, WCH,EIO)I'll jack your @ss like a looter in a riot
    My sh!t's fat like a sumo slammin' that @ss
    Leavin' your face in the grass

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    This is a lil something something that I built the other day with a fellow fallen brother I found from Portland who's wife moved him here for the next four years while she wraps up med school. We also found the second picture spot, but that's all we can find is one hit here, or one hit there, nothing like connecting hit after hit that I had out in WA. Nothing like last summer whistler trips...

Send your prayers and best wishes our way, we could use an atlantis mtn. to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Blabba
    Fat boy on a diet
    Don't try it

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by O~Hi~O
    This is a lil something something that I built the other day with a fellow fallen brother I found from Portland who's wife moved him here for the next four years while she wraps up med school. We also found the second picture spot, but that's all we can find is one hit here, or one hit there, nothing like connecting hit after hit that I had out in WA. Nothing like last summer whistler trips...

Send your prayers and best wishes our way, we could use an atlantis mtn. to ride.
    looks good. just keep looking...

mtbr member
    get a 20 incher and learn to ride flatland. all you need is an empty parking lot. that shiz is crazy. i have always wanted to learn...

Glad to Be Alive
    build some ladders and stuff like that
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

I love RIDING!!
    Dec 2004
    I live in Ontario and its way flatter than there, so find a bush and build some Shore.
    Life is to short... get out and ride

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    yeah it just sucks having all the northshore stuff right up the road from where I used to live, not to mention three ski resorts, Whistler being one of them. We also had a decent scene of Freeriders and lots of local spots that people built that equivelate to trails of the shore...
    Blabba
    Fat boy on a diet
    Don't try it