traction- Mtbr.com

Thread: traction

Glad to Be Alive

traction

I just went from 2.8 michelins to 2.5 HighRollers.....How much traction will I lose??

Pros and cons

My bike weighs 40 lbs now
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 12-27-2006 at 10:19 AM.
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Authority is dead!
    High Rollers are more like 2.3ish, keep that in mind.
    For the love of Oi

Rent a house at Attitash

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky13
    High Rollers are more like 2.3ish, keep that in mind.
    yes I know...they look like road tires between the Shiver
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Canadian at Heart
    Jan 2004
    not the high rollers!~!!! go with the minions, they have a better pattern. And I would say 2.5 in the front and 2.3 in the rear, good combo, makes you go faster, but they still stop well.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by RyBread
    not the high rollers!~!!! go with the minions, they have a better pattern. And I would say 2.5 in the front and 2.3 in the rear, good combo, makes you go faster, but they still stop well.
    why the minions over the rollars....I want fast roliing with least resistance
    Last edited by SHIVER ME TIMBERS; 01-25-2005 at 10:48 AM.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    What compound are your High Rollas? That will make a difference as well.

High Rollas are good tires. If anyone argues that fact with you tell them to take a look at how many pros still use them, when they could be using any tire in the Maxxis lineup.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by red5

High Rollas are good tires. If anyone argues that fact with you tell them to take a look at how many pros still use them, when they could be using any tire in the Maxxis lineup.
    I think 60's ...not sure the ones with the red stripe all the way around

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS

Those are 60d

... I like 'em, I'd go to a softer Dur if your mostyly running on softer dirt etc...
    I think the traction vs width is a good debate to have...
    I feel like the narrower tire I can get away with the better as rolling resistant weight savings is the most efficient savings for racing DH imho... easier to get the wheels moving and keep inertia on a lighter tire.

No?

Discuss?

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Yep, 60's. Your Michy's I believe had a 50. So you may lose a bit of grip on wet rock or logs, but overall shouldn't be that bad. One positive note, the Hig Rollas will last quite a while. You should be fine.

Steeper than it looks?

Should have taken those clouds out of the background...
    Attached Images Attached Images

VIA
    banned
    I was riding some Gazzy 2.6 in the back and after some horribles DH runs I put a Minion 2.5 40d. and that make a huge diference...
    The Gazza. looks better but f*** that...
    I highly recomend you that tire for the back...and you know that Maxxis run small...so get a 2.5 in the back and maybe a HR 2.7 in the front...

Glad to Be Alive
    I didn't take it but it is steeper than it looks...no biggie though ....plus my photo shop skills suck

Uhhhhh...
    I just went from 2.8 michelins to 2.5 HighRollers.....How much traction will I lose??

Pros and cons

My bike weighs 40 lbs now
    I raced Highrollers all last year and had no problems with traction at places like Snowmass, Vail, Windrock, Keyston, and Pisgah.

-TS
    Fayetteville, AR and N.W.A RePrEsEnT

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSherpa
    I raced Highrollers all last year and had no problems with traction at places like Snowmass, Vail, Windrock, Keyston, and Pisgah.

-TS
    what size did you use and how much do you weigh

Pro Crastinator
    you shouldn't concern yourself with the traction issue. i'd be concerned about the lack of air volume if i were as big a rider as you. time to add a few more PSI to prevent flats.......

Innovate or die!

ts...

hey TS,
    you must be extremely spoiled or extremely desperate for NORBA points or a fat liar--maybe all three. You can't be that good since i've seen your FAT jumping skills( an INSANE 2ft lipped double) and i didn't see you at nationals.............---- im just sick of some hic kid from arkansas posting 1 sentance at a time 5 million times over and talkin smack--- buying the bike and talking a bunch doesn't make you a DH'er.........

mtbr member
    May 2004

SMT photo-tilt expert

Quote Originally Posted by frank n. beans
    LOL! That's some funny stuff. SMT thinks he's foolin' everyone with that silly photo-tilt.

Good call by you.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by BrahMa
    LOL! That's some funny stuff. SMT thinks he's foolin' everyone with that silly photo-tilt.

Good call by you.
    Actually the pic was taken by DylanDeanDesigns. So no BS on the part of SMT.

Doesnt ride Banshees
    I run the 60a's in 2.5 and they hook up nice, i havent had a problem with sliding out on turns/loosing it on the wet rocks. Keep in mind the terrain/soil is alot different here in new england than socal so i might not be the best to take advice from, but overall i like them, its my rear tire of choice for right now.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    I run the 60a's in 2.5 and they hook up nice, i havent had a problem with sliding out on turns/loosing it on the wet rocks. Keep in mind the terrain/soil is alot different here in new england than socal so i might not be the best to take advice from, but overall i like them, its my rear tire of choice for right now.
    took em for a ride today on a very techie XC trail with a lot of switchbacks....held up nice but I still don't feel that secure. I did some changes on the bike. So trying to get used to it

Glad to Be Alive
    Actually the pic was taken by DylanDeanDesigns. So no BS on the part of SMT.
    Brahma just a clown...just don't bother listening to him

born to chill

... and if we just ...

DH bike and a ton of riding gear: $4000
    1 gallon of gatorade to drink after walking your 40lb bike up the hill: $5
    Digital camera: $500

Getting caught using photoshop to try to make yourself look hardcore:
    PRICELESS!
    FATRAC - Folsom-Auburn Trail Riders Coalition - Member
    My personal site - Living single, seeing double, jumping triples

Stack Daddy
    Jan 2004

Ha! I was gonna say the same thing.

But have you noticed how many pics in magazines are like that?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmaster
    DH bike and a ton of riding gear: $4000
    1 gallon of gatorade to drink after walking your 40lb bike up the hill: $5
    Digital camera: $500

Getting caught using photoshop to try to make yourself look hardcore:
    PRICELESS!
    Hey what's up??? How is the ol' boy??

all end up here someday
    I think the tire pressure issues will be a bigger factor than traction. Your traction will go down some. As you've probably figured out the sidewalls on the maxxis tires aren't as burly and stiff as the michelins and intense . I run a 2.5 Minion front and 2.3 Minion rear on a 43lb bike, and I weigh 210. I really like the front, but the rear seems super skinny to me, just thinking about touching the rear brake when cornering and the arse end comes out. I think 2.3 is too skinny for a 40+ pound bike, imo.

I ran 2.5 High Rollers for ages front and rear on my bullit, and had gobs of traction going uphill and down. If you like the high rollers, you might try the mobsters. I think they are even a little bit better than highrollers...
    If I get lost, don't go too fast!

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by ladge
    I think the tire pressure issues will be a bigger factor than traction. Your traction will go down some. As you've probably figured out the sidewalls on the maxxis tires aren't as burly and stiff as the michelins and intense . I run a 2.5 Minion front and 2.3 Minion rear on a 43lb bike, and I weigh 210. I really like the front, but the rear seems super skinny to me, just thinking about touching the rear brake when cornering and the arse end comes out. I think 2.3 is too skinny for a 40+ pound bike, imo.

I ran 2.5 High Rollers for ages front and rear on my bullit, and had gobs of traction going uphill and down. If you like the high rollers, you might try the mobsters. I think they are even a little bit better than highrollers...
    I want low resistence for better pedaling but I need some traction in a few sections.....I am going back to the Michelins after this weekend

born to chill
    Hey what's up??? How is the ol' boy??
    Hey brother, nada mucho... just workin for the man did the school thing for a while, but it just wasn't putting coin in my jean to play with.

I just started riding again last week actually, I put it down for a while to get back to my roots, been shooting a lot of pool again, played some pball, been doing photography. Anyway it turns out that in my absence my little brother sold my Fueler!! So I'm on the mtb until I can put together a new 20" ride for street/dj. I've got my Auburn, but it isn't really cut out for that sort of stuff. Bruno has been trying to convince me to get a ht, and I've been seriously considering the gimp which takes a bmx bb, I can pull my old profiles and use those, I dunno. There's nothing quite like getting a nice new bike, we'll see.

btw: my gf and I are considering moving down to socal, probably further south (we both hate, no, loathe essentially the entire LA area, cept there are some cool trails) maybe Oceanside or something. We may be hooking up on some rides again sooner or later.

I did make a little mini-instructional video on how to bunnyhop, I thought it came out cool, posted it over in the beginner forum in case you want to check it out.
    FATRAC - Folsom-Auburn Trail Riders Coalition - Member
    My personal site - Living single, seeing double, jumping triples

Team Sanchez
    I stick to the 2.8 Michy up front, and a Kenda 2.7 Navegal in the back. Us big boys need big rubber for ideal traction. We have a higher center of gravity, and require a bigger contact patch IMO.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

Pro Crastinator
    I want low resistence for better pedaling...........
    try losing your gut......

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by flowmaster
    Hey brother, nada mucho... just workin for the man did the school thing for a while, but it just wasn't putting coin in my jean to play with.

I just started riding again last week actually, I put it down for a while to get back to my roots, been shooting a lot of pool again, played some pball, been doing photography. Anyway it turns out that in my absence my little brother sold my Fueler!! So I'm on the mtb until I can put together a new 20" ride for street/dj. I've got my Auburn, but it isn't really cut out for that sort of stuff. Bruno has been trying to convince me to get a ht, and I've been seriously considering the gimp which takes a bmx bb, I can pull my old profiles and use those, I dunno. There's nothing quite like getting a nice new bike, we'll see.

btw: my gf and I are considering moving down to socal, probably further south (we both hate, no, loathe essentially the entire LA area, cept there are some cool trails) maybe Oceanside or something. We may be hooking up on some rides again sooner or later.

I did make a little mini-instructional video on how to bunnyhop, I thought it came out cool, posted it over in the beginner forum in case you want to check it out.
    that is why I stay to the north of LA...hey when we going to Bootleg again??? I saw Bruno at the races. Hopefully you get a bike again. You have too much good skills to waste. Get a full suspension...you will rock it.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    try losing your gut......
    why the hate??

Classic. I just assumed it was a photo of the W.O.D. I'm sure it was purely accidental. While on that thought- Saturday he actually had BOTH wheels off the ground while dropping into the W.O.D.

why the hate??
    Awe,
    He's just sore cause my jumps are so tech we can't dial them in in an hour of riding...

btw- Hey WCH- Alloy has hit all five in the set- I've now made it through the fourth... You gotta get that little bike back in action to show us both how to do it right...

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Roaming Oregon
    Awe,
    He's just sore cause my jumps are so tech we can't dial them in in an hour of riding...

btw- Hey WCH- Alloy has hit all five in the set- I've now made it through the fourth... You gotta get that little bike back in action to show us both how to do it right...
    that is so cool making jumps you can't even hit....dats how you get better

Yep,
    Life is no fun without challenges...

Glad to Be Alive
    hey can you make them all table tops for me

Pro Crastinator
    the jumps are close together on a downhill slope. i was on my brakeless bmx bike and kept overshooting them because i wasn't able to slow down enough.....

for the record, i've only been on them once, and have still jumped as many as jake and he built them.......

Glad to Be Alive
    the jumps are close together on a downhill slope. i was on my brakeless bmx bike and kept overshooting them because i wasn't able to slow down enough.....

for edification i've only been on them once, and have still jumped as many as jake and he built them.......
    nobody likes a bragger

Pro Crastinator
    nobody likes a bragger
    i'm hating because i didn't get to go to virgin w/ the norcal crew....

Glad to Be Alive
    i'm hating because i didn't get to go to virgin w/ the norcal crew....
    don't pic on me...I am dragging you into whistler next July

Pro Crastinator
    i'll have to start the paperwork already.....

surf-ride-repeat

for the record, i've only been on them once, and have still jumped as many as jake and he built them.......

I want pics now that they are sculpted damnit... sounds like they're hard to make ...

I mean if Alloy is the only one who has made it through 5, I assume there are six?

Old dude (me) prolly can't get 3?

PICS!

BTW WCH have you even tryed them on your 'little' rig?

How's the back/wrists now? Did you crash on the Idaho set or what?

Jm.
    mtbr member
    How much traction will I lose??
    About 6.
    I know in my heart that Ellsworth bikes are more durable by as much as double. AND they are all lighter...Tony Ellsworth

650 yay area
    Quote Originally Posted by j6105
    hey TS,
    you must be extremely spoiled or extremely desperate for NORBA points or a fat liar--maybe all three. You can't be that good since i've seen your FAT jumping skills( an INSANE 2ft lipped double) and i didn't see you at nationals.............---- im just sick of some hic kid from arkansas posting 1 sentance at a time 5 million times over and talkin smack--- buying the bike and talking a bunch doesn't make you a DH'er.........
    AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH CALLED OUT

e-fight, step off

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by pdirt
    .......BTW WCH have you even tryed them on your 'little' rig?......
    nope...

and yes the injury was on my BMX at PI from the previously stated overshooting, it's a long way down to the bottom of the next bowl.......

Uhhhhh...
    hey TS,
    Do i know you?

-TS

Glad to Be Alive
    Do i know you?

-TS
    more hate

mtbr member

Upset

hey TS,
    Your tight, so your admitting to stalking someone over the internet? Thats really weird and creepy. And BTW Im from Arkansas as well as a few others on this board and Sherpa isnt exactly Arkansan. Hes from Pennsylvania and he moved here a few years ago. Your stalking skills just aren't up to snuff chode. Eat my rod and post some pics of yourself before you talk smack. Sherpa is Yankee Scum so get it right or pay the price. Im American by birth, Southern by the grace of the lord Jesus Amen. So piss off while i got shoot up some tweak!!!!!

surf-ride-repeat
    nope...

and yes the injury was on my BMX at PI from the previously stated overshooting, it's a long way down to the bottom of the next bowl.......

Gotcha... why not use the 'little' bike to dial 'em first?

Jake, I want pics... please, if and when ya can?

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by biker3
    Your tight, so your admitting to stalking someone over the internet? Thats really weird and creepy. And BTW Im from Arkansas as well as a few others on this board and Sherpa isnt exactly Arkansan. Hes from Pennsylvania and he moved here a few years ago. Your stalking skills just aren't up to snuff chode. Eat my rod and post some pics of yourself before you talk smack. Sherpa is Yankee Scum so get it right or pay the price. Im American by birth, Southern by the grace of the lord Jesus Amen. So piss off while i got shoot up some tweak!!!!!
    Actually New Jersey, but close. I just love it when random people call people out on the internet.

-TS

Pro Crastinator
    Gotcha... why not use the 'little' bike to dial 'em first?........
    because the bmx was begging to be dusted off, and i had completely forgotten about the no-brakes thingie untill i was already there. rhythms on a flat area don't make you really pick up as much speed as jumps on a downhill......

surf-ride-repeat
    because the bmx was begging to be dusted off, and i had completely forgotten about the no-brakes thingie untill i was already there. rhythms on a flat area don't make you really pick up as much speed as jumps on a downhill......

Teheehee..

well get better soon. Positive vibes your way.

... and if we just ...

Awe WCH. For the record you are nuts for hitting them brakeless on the 2-0. Mucho props.

I do my typical rear-brake-yank the whole way down. I've now made the four pack- so I'm one up on you- but that's only cause I go there nearly evertyday at lunch, have spent the most time on them- plus I did most of the digging.

I'm just egging you on because I know you'll be the first to make the whole five pack with mad style, and I need some good riders to show me how to do it right.

Gotcha... why not use the 'little' bike to dial 'em first?

Jake, I want pics... please, if and when ya can?
    I'll pm you some action pics sometime next week. I thought I already sent you some of the updated landscape shots???

Glad to Be Alive
    I'll pm you some action pics sometime next week. I thought I already sent you some of the updated landscape shots???
    I wanna see

surf-ride-repeat
    Saweet!

No, I haven't seen anything expect what was in that one thread...

You hit 'em at lunch? Lucky bastage... that rules.

mtbr member

I do tread design for Maxxis... and designed a good portion of the Minion.

The Minion was introduced to be a more aggro version of a race tire.

The Highroller is still, and always will be the standby which all others are measured.

In the end, both are good choices, but I think that if you are coming from Michelin tires, you will like the feel of the Minion best.

Get 2 of the Minion DHF ("front version"), and run them front and rear.

If you like the volume of the Michelin, then go with the 2.7 Minion in front, and a 2.5 in the rear.

Lastly, remember that tire width DOES NOT = traction. It's all about the design, casing, and most of all compounds. If that were the case, people would still be using 3.0 Nokians.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    I do tread design for Maxxis... and designed a good portion of the Minion.

The Minion was introduced to be a more aggro version of a race tire.

The Highroller is still, and always will be the standby which all others are measured.

In the end, both are good choices, but I think that if you are coming from Michelin tires, you will like the feel of the Minion best.

Get 2 of the Minion DHF ("front version"), and run them front and rear.

If you like the volume of the Michelin, then go with the 2.7 Minion in front, and a 2.5 in the rear.

Lastly, remember that tire width DOES NOT = traction. It's all about the design, casing, and most of all compounds. If that were the case, people would still be using 3.0 Nokians.
    Big Thanks

mtbr member
    Big Thanks
    No problem... I've been DH'ing since '93, and have seen a lot of fads come and go.

A bit of trivia for you:

Can you guess what the Minion was named after??
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

Glad to Be Alive
    No problem... I've been DH'ing since '93, and have seen a lot of fads come and go.

A bit of trivia for you:

I have no clue...Just started the sport in 2002

Xtremely Moderate
    Actually New Jersey, but close. I just love it when random people call people out on the internet.

-TS
    Somehow I knew you weren't from Arkansas. Your posts don't have that redneck twang to them.

Do you have a Jersey accent? I bet they love you there........

Quote Originally Posted by biker3
    And BTW Im from Arkansas as well as a few others on this board.............
    Sherpa is Yankee Scum so get it right or pay the price......
    Im American by birth, Southern by the grace of the lord Jesus Amen.................
    Ha ha ha ........Yeeee hawwwww................rednecks.............ha ha ha....
    Southern by the grace of the lord Jesus Amen........ha ha ha ha ha ha

"Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by e<i>o
    Somehow I knew you weren't from Arkansas. Your posts don't have that redneck twang to them.

Ha ha ha ........Yeeee hawwwww................rednecks.............ha ha ha....
    Southern by the grace of the lord Jesus Amen........ha ha ha ha ha ha

yeah I hear Jerry Springer gets a lot of show material from the south

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Colin Baileys dog? Of course I don't even know if he has a dog, so.....????

Team Sanchez

A bit of trivia for you:

Ken, What's the story with the Minion rear tire? I used one for one race season, and I hated it compared to the Kenda Navegal. Very unpredictable, and cornered for ***** in the loose stuff at Big Bear. So now I run it on the front of my Heckler, but for kicks.
    Team Sanchez; "Always hittin the upper lip"

mtbr member
    Colin Baileys dog? Of course I don't even know if he has a dog, so.....????
    You ever see that video game Twisted Metal?

The tire was named after the ice cream truck in that game... funny stuff.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Ken, What's the story with the Minion rear tire? I used one for one race season, and I hated it compared to the Kenda Navegal. Very unpredictable, and cornered for ***** in the loose stuff at Big Bear. So now I run it on the front of my Heckler, but for kicks.
    That tire is a love hate thing.. People like Mick Hanna ride nothing else... but then I've head of people like yourself who didn't like it.

The tire was designed by the MSC guys over in Europe, as a compliment to the front tread.

If you cut one of the side knobs a certain way (to make more of a side knob groove), it tend to be better for loose terrain.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

Rocket Scientist
    what size did you use and how much do you weigh
    Nice Recoil. That Ride Looks awesome with the Shiver Upfront!
    I'm 6' 2" and I weigh in at 229lbs and I ride the 2.5 Minion in the Front and a HighRoller 2.5 in the Back. Sticks Like Glue. I go to the gym everyday and I am looking to get my Weight to around 208lbs. According to a Body Fat %, that is my Ideal weight for my Height. I Am hoping when I reach that Goal by the beginning of the Season, It will still feel the same.

Glad to Be Alive

an effing ice cream truck...how funny

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by bpatterson6
    Nice Recoil. That Ride Looks awesome with the Shiver Upfront!
    I'm 6' 2" and I weigh in at 229lbs and I ride the 2.5 Minion in the Front and a HighRoller 2.5 in the Back. Sticks Like Glue. I go to the gym everyday and I am looking to get my Weight to around 208lbs. According to a Body Fat %, that is my Ideal weight for my Height. I Am hoping when I reach that Goal by the beginning of the Season, It will still feel the same.
    thanks ride real soft...6 foot and 210
    thanks for the input on tires

Innovate or die!

[email protected]

hey [email protected],
    Since you design tires, what do you think of the michelin comp 16 and 24. The 16 is my all time favorite and runs without a glitch tubeless. Just wondering what you think of the high roller like design....? People have been telling me to try high rollers but maxxis tubeless(1 ply and tons of permeable rubber) sucks compared to michy(dual ply, lighter, nonpermeable plastic liner). Thanks man

mtbr member
    hey [email protected],
    Since you design tires, what do you think of the michelin comp 16 and 24. The 16 is my all time favorite and runs without a glitch tubeless. Just wondering what you think of the high roller like design....? People have been telling me to try high rollers but maxxis tubeless(1 ply and tons of permeable rubber) sucks compared to michy(dual ply, lighter, nonpermeable plastic liner). Thanks man
    Well, Stockton designed the Highroller back in the day, and he was a big fan of the Michelin stuff.

I still think the Highroller is a better overall performer though, as the Maxxis compound is less likely to "chunk" when it wears. I'm not entirely sure of the Michelin process, but it appears to be foamed by the looks of the worn tires I've seen.

Lastly, Maxxis has a few various casing options, so make sure you had the DH one when comparing... apples to apples and whatnot.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

all end up here someday

Incorrect

The ice cream truck was Sweettooth. Minion was the armored vehicle....does this make me a video game geek now?

Glad to Be Alive
    Well, Stockton designed the Highroller back in the day, and he was a big fan of the Michelin stuff.

I still think the Highroller is a better overall performer though, as the Maxxis compound is less likely to "chunk" when it wears. I'm not entirely sure of the Michelin process, but it appears to be foamed by the looks of the worn tires I've seen.

Lastly, Maxxis has a few various casing options, so make sure you had the DH one when comparing... apples to apples and whatnot.
    what do you mean by chunk ??? By foamed??

mtbr member
    what do you mean by chunk ??? By foamed??
    Chunk = when the tire tends to not wear evenly.. when chunks get ripped out of it.

Foamed = what rubber looks like when it's about to chunk. It looks almost like there are little airbubbles in the compound.

THESE ARE SLANG TERMS.... not to discredit them though.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

mtbr member
    The ice cream truck was Sweettooth. Minion was the armored vehicle....does this make me a video game geek now?
    Well, I got it from that game... whatever the guy was.

My bad.

My college roommate had the game, and we'd play it between classes.

You have official DORK status now... congrats!
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

Innovate or die!

hmm...

only availible tubeless maxxis high roller for DH (other than 2.3 etc):
    Tire Size 26x2.50
    TPI 27
    Bead Foldable
    Max PSI 55
    Weight 1300g
    Durometer 42a Super Tacky

Oh yeah, michelins also have a wire bead, so now im super bummed on the high roller thing......

Glad to Be Alive
    I have tubeless Mavic EX823 UST rims. Why is it such a biatch to get air and have those 2.5 highrollers seal up with stans. Must have taken me about 8 times on one and 15 for the other to get a complete seal. My front still leaks a little at the rim. The michy sealed easy and right away

Maxxis Highrollars 2.5 red line

mtbr member
    only availible tubeless maxxis high roller for DH (other than 2.3 etc):
    Tire Size 26x2.50
    TPI 27
    Bead Foldable
    Max PSI 55
    Weight 1300g
    Durometer 42a Super Tacky

Oh yeah, michelins also have a wire bead, so now im super bummed on the high roller thing......
    Sorry man, I usually get protos to test, so what sees production is not my ultimate say.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

mtbr member
    I have tubeless Mavic EX823 UST rims. Why is it such a biatch to get air and have those 2.5 highrollers seal up with stans. Must have taken me about 8 times on one and 15 for the other to get a complete seal. My front still leaks a little at the rim. The michy sealed easy and right away

Maxxis Highrollars 2.5 red line
    What you need to do is use a sharp burst of air to set the Maxxis tires. This is really true of any UST.

Then, once it's set, just let air out as needed.

UST is not the best choice for all-out-DH anyways.... bend your rim once, and there goes your air.

You are better off with a standard set-up.
    RennenDesignGroup.com
    How 1x1 is DONE.

Glad to Be Alive
    What you need to do is use a sharp burst of air to set the Maxxis tires. This is really true of any UST.

Then, once it's set, just let air out as needed.

UST is not the best choice for all-out-DH anyways.... bend your rim once, and there goes your air.

You are better off with a standard set-up.
    love the UST for Dh...and I have sprare rims.

I am using a compressor. No problems with the Mich's. do it first time every time. High rollers were hard to do

all end up here someday
    Well, I got it from that game... whatever the guy was.

My bad.

My college roommate had the game, and we'd play it between classes.

You have official DORK status now... congrats!
    I wouldn't have even remembered that if you hadn't mentioned it, that was the college years for me too...

Sweet, I always wanted to be a professional dork!

Uhhhhh...

No real accent from me. If anything i have a Jersey/Pennsylvania/Australia/Iowa/Arkansas twang which mostly makes me sound normal.

-TS

Tear it all out! SuperModerator
    Any comments on the Mobster?

This is for BC riding.

LOL! Busted...

If you like the high rollers, you might try the mobsters. I think they are even a little bit better than highrollers...
    I think so too, but then our riding conditions are totally different than what you ride.

Currently on Michelin 2.8 & 2.5, with a set of 2.7 & 2.5 Nevegal to try. Before that ran old style Intense, High Roller, then Mobster.

Innovate or die!

yeah..

well bending rims in any situation is very bad but you have to be fat/sloppy/stupid to bend rims often. I did it once but the rim was not properly tensioned and it was on dog bonde @ northstar going fasttt.....the crash somehow wedged the wheel between me and a tree. There are few things that i advocate with all my heart --- UST, polycarbonate bashguards, FSR, the Fox DH40 and reeses peanut butter cups. To each his own but if your bending rims, its not gonna matter if its tubeless or not, you got bigger problems. The key to any wheel is who builds it. I would feel more confident with my local(baycali) professional build with XC rims than a crappy build with mavic 721's.

Uhhhhh...
    There are few things that i advocate with all my heart --- UST, polycarbonate bashguards, FSR, the Fox DH40 and reeses peanut butter cups.
    So you've ridden the DH40? You still haven't replied or made on basis on your comments about me.

-TS

650 yay area
    So you've ridden the DH40? You still haven't replied or made on basis on your comments about me.

-TS
    e-Served. I got your back.

Uhhhhh...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Kadvang
    e-Served. I got your back.
    I wholeheadtly admit i was e-served. I was pretty much played and have no backlash whatsoever, and i am mature enough to admit that even though i think hes wrong for calling me out on my riding.

-TS

650 yay area
    I wholeheadtly admit i was e-served. I was pretty much played and have no backlash whatsoever, and i am mature enough to admit that even though i think hes wrong for calling me out on my riding.

-TS
    Noooo. I mean you delt the e-Service, and J2092092 was served. You gonna get that DHR?

Uhhhhh...
    Noooo. I mean you delt the e-Service, and J2092092 was served. You gonna get that DHR?
    What? Are there e-rumors about my Turner sponsorship already?

-TS

650 yay area
    What? Are there e-rumors about my Turner sponsorship already?

-TS
    Well I actually post on MTBR from outside your window, so yeah, basically everyone knows now.

Uhhhhh...
    Well I actually post on MTBR from outside your window, so yeah, basically everyone knows now.
    Really? So thats what that lights been outside my window at night when my girls over....

-TS

Pro Crastinator
    Really? So thats what that lights been outside my window at night when my girls over....

-TS
    i'm the light outside your mom's window......

650 yay area

-TS
    Nah when shes over and you are occupied im up with your mom

giggle you know i love you sherpa

Uhhhhh...
    Nah when shes over and you are occupied im up with your mom

giggle you know i love you sherpa
    I know, but seriously, how are the Turner rumors already spreading? I'm deciding if i'm gunna off the new V-10 already and get a DHR .

-TS

650 yay area
    I know, but seriously, how are the Turner rumors already spreading? I'm deciding if i'm gunna off the new V-10 already and get a DHR .

-TS
    I have my sources. Dude, just ride the ****ing v10.

Uhhhhh...
    I have my sources. Dude, just ride the ****ing v10.
    Hahahahah, yea thats what most likely going to happen. It needs new wheels and there gunna be BLING!

-TS

650 yay area
    Hahahahah, yea thats what most likely going to happen. It needs new wheels and there gunna be BLING!

-TS
    werd. get your redneck/yankee ass out to N* this summer

Uhhhhh...
    werd. get your redneck/yankee ass out to N* this summer
    You wanna buy my plane tickets or drive me 30 hrs out there?

-TS

650 yay area

-TS
    jesse said hes coming out, roll with his ass

Glad to Be Alive
    i'm the light outside your mom's window......
    Don't kid yourself........effing peeping Tom

Glad to Be Alive

-TS
    shep can't you drive

Uhhhhh...
    shep can't you drive
    Actually i can.

-TS

Xtremely Moderate
    I am dragging you into whistler next July
    Don't count on it.

I crossed the border @ Niagra Falls not too long ago and they had "WCH Wanted Posters up.

"Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

Glad to Be Alive
    Don't count on it.

I crossed the border @ Niagra Falls not too long ago and they had "WCH Wanted Posters up.

he is working on the paper work./....he has got to go

Stand back

your girl?

-TS
    You mean the babysitter?
    Golden Bike Park

Golden Connector Trails need your support!