Totem Coil Issue.- Mtbr.com
    Will to Win

Totem Coil Issue.

Ive heard about this problem several times, and I used to have it on an old XC fork, investigated previous threads but couldnt find solutions. my friend has a totem and when he pulls the front wheel up, the fork makes this deep clunk sound. my first beliefs where that the rebound was set too fast but no. still makes the sound and the rebound knob appears to be useless... is this lack of oil? high speed damping? low speed damping? floodgate? rebound?!

thanks in advance!
    2008 Transition Dirtbag Custom
    2003 Schwinn Moab 2 Singlespeed

mtbr member
    May 2006
    He should disassemble the fork and replace the oil on the rebound damper. My totem coil just lost all of the fluid and turned into a pogo stick. A simple rebuild and fresh oil did the trick and I have had no issues for 3 days at northstar.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I had that problem but I set the the compression settings to the middle and also the rebound and the sound went away when I tried to pull up the front tire. Extra help would be useful because I'm a total beginner when it comes to this stuff.

I heart the drops
    I had the same problem on my totem when the seal from the dampening unit failed and all the oil from the upper chamber blew into the lowers. My advice would be bring it into a shop and see if this is the case, and if it is rock shox is real good about getting the situation fixed fast.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member

totem

how abt the 08 totem ?? do they have this problem

I heart the drops
    I don't think it's a widespread problem maybe just a seal on a batch of them. One easy way of telling this is by taking the speed lube port out of the rebound side and if 150cc of fluid comes out this has happened. If that is the case bring it to a shop to have them take off the lowers and check the clip that houlds the cartridge together.
    "its not how slack your head angle is, its how you ride the bike"

mtbr member
    i have an 08 totem coil and had no issues thus far although peoples mileage may vary.

Members who have read this thread: 0