Tomac Wins!- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tomac Wins!

mtbr member

Tomac Wins!

Eli Tomac, son of mtb legend John Tomac, won his first AMA Pro MX National in his first ever Pro race. Pretty amazing considering he was racing against a field of 40 other pros including a few National and World champions. For those of you that are OG enough to have watched or read of John Tomac as the #1 all-around mountain biker back-in-the-day. Yes, he raced and won both XC and DH at the highest levels.

Here's a link to some highlights from the race: http://www.racerxonline.com/article/...ighlights.aspx
    Can't keep track anymore - Giant, Santa Cruz, Pivot, Yeti, Norco, Salsa, Intense - if it rolls on dirt I like it :thumbsup:

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Was watching that race yesterday on Speed channel and wondered exactly that! Thanks!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

banned
    Oct 2004
    Hum... Another decade of Tomac (v2.0) domination brewing?

GUIDANCE COUNSELOR
    That's awesome!
    NOAH SEARS
    MRP - VP of Business Development
    Pivot Cycles - Team Rider

mtbr member
    Sep 2008
    Yeah, I saw the race too, and he looked really fast. It also looked like he kind of ran out of gas during the last two laps, but that can be expected for a true rookie winning his first race!

Hopefully he keeps it up and we can see some good racing between him and Barcia, another really fast young guy.
    "I think it's rad, when Balls beats Natural talent" - Shaun Palmer

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    rite on...I was wondering that but Emig and side kick never mentioed...that dude was flyn...nice wrk eli.

trail fairy
    Sick

Now if Bob Hannah has a son and Ricky J or David Bailey we could have a whole new gen of oldschool racers kids ripping it up, they must have surely somewhere!

Great to see Tomac back on top of the list, junior came to NZ and blitzed his class at the junior worlds in Taupo, so fast

Saying all that, BT [Ben Townely] ex MX 2 World Champ from years ago, hes still a whipper snapper though, hope he can stay healthy this year, got 6th in th 450 MX 1 class @ Hangtown, braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap

So go BT, time to chase down some Aussie wallaby and kick arse, get that Reedy bloke [top man too but hes an Aussie]

Go BT 101
    Just riding a muddy trail. . ..

MAXXIS 4C!
    Helmet for your neck

Leatt FAQs

Pivotal figure
    That's pretty damn cool for sure. Now if he'll just enter a 4X race...
    Desert Sunset Calls/Upward, Pain, Perseverance/Welcome Solitude

Members who have read this thread: 0