<Today's DJ FOOTAGE>- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

<Today's DJ FOOTAGE>

Went out to my jumps today and got some vids of myself. alot of diggin has gone down at this spot. i'm out there everyday. today i was finially able to make this spot work, by bringing my left over wood out and putting it under a little bit of the dirt on the landings. now speed is no issue. i'm so stoked. i didn't have enough time to put it all into one vid so there at a few to watch and a few pics(click to enlarge). enjoy

1. kinda cool pic of shooting off the jump

hitting the double
    https://media.putfile.com/a2

hitting the double to the table
    https://media.putfile.com/a317

hitting my new double
    https://media.putfile.com/a477

hip off my new double
    https://media.putfile.com/a587

and my trust stead after riding

Glad to Be Alive
    sweet......very nice....make more
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    sweet......very nice....make more
    thanks, now that i can get speed coming down the landings, a new pack will be started tomorrow afternoon. expect footage

crumb
    Very nice man keep digging and youl keep getting better

mtbr member
    there will be more footage of hopefully a new line to come tomorrow

ride hard take risks
    Digging between the rain, looks like it drys prety good in your spot.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dogonfr
    Digging between the rain, looks like it drys prety good in your spot.

lol yup drys pretty nice and fast, we'll see what tomorrow brings

mtbr member
    Not Shells or Cmont or Sandhill. Is this your own spot you are building up? Hopefully a bit higher in alittude than Shells.

notabouttoseeyourlight
    Awesome man! Keep building those landings up. If your going to want to build longer, more flowing sections, don't be scared to build the landings bigger than the lips, you'll be able to carry more speed out and pump easier.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    Not Shells or Cmont or Sandhill. Is this your own spot you are building up? Hopefully a bit higher in alittude than Shells.
    nah bro this is an EAST bay spot. ya a little higher up then shells, should work out super nicely when it's all done.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by coma13
    Awesome man! Keep building those landings up. If your going to want to build longer, more flowing sections, don't be scared to build the landings bigger than the lips, you'll be able to carry more speed out and pump easier.
    ya for sure, now that i have a way to keep the landings packed well, i'll be building a nice long flowy section today, hopefully have atleast a 3 or 4 pack that will have nice steeper landings. should hopefully work well. i'll post pics, thanks

mtbr member
    that dirt looks more like sand, though... hows that all working for you? What are the betting odds on someone pissing to the city cousil and getting that place torn down? If people will leave you alone you can build something nice out there. Bay area needs some more spots.

OT: first time I went to shells, I brought my DH bike. Didn't know it wasn't like Carlmont. I ended up just building all day because I couldn't get the speed for the jumps. Bah! (Whats going on with Calabazas?)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RobsterCraw
    that dirt looks more like sand, though... hows that all working for you? What are the betting odds on someone pissing to the city cousil and getting that place torn down? If people will leave you alone you can build something nice out there. Bay area needs some more spots.

OT: first time I went to shells, I brought my DH bike. Didn't know it wasn't like Carlmont. I ended up just building all day because I couldn't get the speed for the jumps. Bah! (Whats going on with Calabazas?)
    ya the soil is basically sand mixed with weeds and some smaller shells and rock. easy to dig but not good for build really. the take offs work well but the landing is where i struck a problem. now i use wood to put on the landings so it works much better. well as for someone complaining to the city...i don't really know, the land is mostly used by people walking their dogs off leash which is illegal. the local security guys that patrol a business area around here seeminly see me out there every once and awhile and don't seem to mind, or maybe they just haven't noticed. the people that live the closest to the spot think it's cool, cause one of them used to race BMX. I just hope no one complains, everyone seems cool because it's mainly just me and a friend or two sometimes. as far as the bay goes ya exactly, there are a few nice spots but there need to be more. the east bay in general has only like one or two DJ spots. This spot is a super hard place to work with but it's getting there. i'm just trying to build somewhere near my house that i can just ride to, the city banned bikes from the skatepark already. i don't actually know if anyone is allowd out there but hey, i'm not letting off fireworks or smoking weed, so i don't think i'm doing much harm. but ya the main thing with this spot is to just be chill and get along with everyone, maybe it will get big at some point.

ya a Big bike at shells would be hard haha, i guess theres a few people that do it though. i don't know about calabazas, i think it is re openning at some point, im not too familar with it though. if it re opens or something i will be down there to check it out for sure. thanks

Members who have read this thread: 0