Tire question- Mtbr.com

Thread: Tire question

Thats not a picture of me

Tire question

I have a set of kenda karma tires. Heres the thing they are only 2inches wide, will that handle the occasional drop?

notabouttoseeyourlight
    how big of a drop? I'm sure they're not going to explode or anything if you do an occaisonal drop on them, it'll just be more squirrely because you have such a small contact patch when you're landing.
    cycle tracks will abound in utopia.

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    The Karma is a sub-500g XC race tire. FR/DH type drops are not a good idea with this tire.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by shiggy
    The Karma is a sub-500g XC race tire. FR/DH type drops are not a good idea with this tire.

not supposed to.....but if you are hitting 1 to 3 foot drops then you will be all right.....keep your air pressure up because those side walls are flexie and you will pinch flat easily
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Err
    Calm like a bomb
    echo that pinch flats are going to be your biggest issue. keep the pressure up which will probably make the rest of the ride kinda bumpy but it should work. it really helps to be smooth.

lolz well i dont like tubeless anyways and will replace tires asap, funny though, why would they put a race xc tire on a khs dirtjumper? but anyways my question is will 2 inch of tire take the occasional 2-5 foot drop.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by potvinwannab
    lolz well i dont like tubeless anyways and will replace tires asap, funny though, why would they put a race xc tire on a khs dirtjumper? but anyways my question is will 2 inch of tire take the occasional 2-5 foot drop.
    yes, my buddy *who is 130ish pounds...* runs 1.95 tires front and back, with a little Mantiou mars fork, with a trek hardtail and does 6-7 foot drops on it, he's a very smooth rider though and obviously not to heavy of a guy. it basically depends on you wether your tire will hold

well i dont know how anyone can even do a 7 foot drop im terrified to ride slowly off the 3 foot step at the local freeride park slowly so my front tire land first and puts my bike on an angle as to lead me safley to a slow landing

Members who have read this thread: 0