Time to upgrade the 67- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

Time to upgrade the 67

Hey guys, I have proabobly killed this discussion about my bike to death, but I am looking to invest more into it. I am making more money at work now, and I am thinking about dropping some serious cash on some stuff on my bike that could use it. (If you want to cut to the chase, scroll down.)

My bike is a Weyless 67, not quite stock though.
    Frame: 67 with 4-Way SPV
    Fork: Marzocchi Z150 Drop Off
    Brakes: Hayes HFX 9's
    Wheels: WTB Dual Duty
    etc.

I got new tires (Nevegals) and a e13 DRS, love both.

So now I am looking for a bigger purchase. 1: a new fork. I am looking for a new front fork to replace the Z150. I like the 150, but I think I need a little more. The fork in terms of ride is nice, but I just need that extra edge (Stiffer, more travel, better dampning). So here are the fork options I have been looking into: (In prefrence order of practictability)

Marzocchi 66RC 170MM
    Marzocchi Jr. T 170MM
    Marzocchi 888RC/VF 170MM

As you can see, all 170MM's. I obviously want to take the HCSV over the SSV. Now, the 66RC seems the most practical out of anything. I know the Super T 04 is still on sale at Pricepoint...somehow, I may look into it, but at the time Im just letting the cash rack up, and get some ideas. The 66RC seems most practical, its that edge I need over the Z150. More travel, stiffer, 35MM stanchions, HCSV. That is my biggest potential. The Jr T. seems like a nice alternative too. A dual crown, with enough travel, and light enough to take it uphills somehow. SSV however. And of course, my other choice is the bad boy, the 888RC/VF. (Probobly RC). The price on the 888RC discourages me from splurging, but its awesomeness intices me. I think its a tad too much in terms of weight, but if it can GO uphill, I may be okay.

So yeah, hope you read everything about the fork, theres a lot more to discuss...sadly.

1.If I get a new fork, new headset is going too, so Chris King is going on as well. Are there any other good alternatives to Chris King? Let me know.

2. Brakes: Pricepoint has a deal for a free Juicy 7. I currently have HFX 9's, and upgrading to Juicy's wouldn't be that bad/hard. Im wondering if its worth it. Let me know.

Thanks for putting up with all this crap. Just let me know. Im trying to make my 67 hardcore FR/DH with minimal uphill capabilities (Meaning...I can pedal it uphill somehow).
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

HJB
    USA USA USA USA USA
    I made quite a few changes to mine before I ever rode it. Mostly because I bought it during the winter and it was just sitting there begging to be upgraded...and I had a few bux hanging around...and I had no self control.

I swapped my Z150 for a Super T and although I've had very little time to ride it I'm glad I did. The 66 and 888 both have a huge A to C dimension, something to consider. The Super T is less, keeping the stand over within reason, still not much room for nut sack clearance with my 30" inseam.

I dumped the Hayes 9's and put on some Avid mech's. I just prefer the simplicity.

I've also changed the tires- IRC Trail Bears, the stem and seatpost- Tompson, seatpost clamp- Salsa, bars- Easton carbon, grips, shifters- XT, saddle, and umm I think that's it...for now anyway. Maybe the wheels when theese ones are destroyed.

crumb

you know this but

I put a boxxer race on mine and I love it. Or if you have alot of $ wait untill the Travis with Intinsic damping comes out, they look sick.
    ETBW
    Magura

N* Bomber Crew
    Um, I thought the Travis was 1.5 for the single crown? Or is the dual crown 1 1/8th?

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    Um, I thought the Travis was 1.5 for the single crown? Or is the dual crown 1 1/8th?
    Dual is 1 1/8 but the single is 1.5
    ETBW
    Magura

Glad to Be Alive
    Supa T
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

N* Bomber Crew
    The picture below is the current status of the 67. Im thinking my new fork should be DC, maybe a tad more badass than Single Crown.

Anyway, here it is. The 66 still looks good, but Im really looking into the 888, Slider, Travis.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 67.JPG (106.9 KB, 977 views)

crumb
    The picture below is the current status of the 67. Im thinking my new fork should be DC, maybe a tad more badass than Single Crown.

Anyway, here it is. The 66 still looks good, but Im really looking into the 888, Slider, Travis.
    Ah put that baby in 7in
    ETBW
    Magura

N* Bomber Crew
    I thought the top hole was for 7 inch and the bottom for 6.....

e.f.f.e.c.t smoothoperatr
    those are hot looking bikes, im looking for a DH and FR frame to replace my DH frame. how much rear travel does it have, 7? where can i get those frames for cheap
    thanks
    ( dont mean to screw up the thread with my questions )

N* Bomber Crew
    lol, I changed it to 7, BIG DIFFERENCE. Wow, Im so stupid......lol. I had it in 6 the whole time and I was wondering why it wasnt as plush. Er anyway, its now at 7 inch.

As for the frame, I dont think Supergo sells them anymore. Its a 67...18". 7 inches of travel, Swinger 4 way.

crumb
    Quote Originally Posted by themarsvolta55
    those are hot looking bikes, im looking for a DH and FR frame to replace my DH frame. how much rear travel does it have, 7? where can i get those frames for cheap
    thanks
    ( dont mean to screw up the thread with my questions )
    supergo
    without shock 220
    ETBW
    Magura

crumb
    lol, I changed it to 7, BIG DIFFERENCE. Wow, Im so stupid......lol. I had it in 6 the whole time and I was wondering why it wasnt as plush. Er anyway, its now at 7 inch.

As for the frame, I dont think Supergo sells them anymore. Its a 67...18". 7 inches of travel, Swinger 4 way.
    ah well its always nice to help
    ETBW
    Magura

Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    supergo
    without shock 220

wow thats awesomely cheap! hah. compared to the bullit, how is the weyless 67 for FR and DH, is it able to do 20 footers with a good landing?

crumb
    wow thats awesomely cheap! hah. compared to the bullit, how is the weyless 67 for FR and DH, is it able to do 20 footers with a good landing?
    Well I can only atest to FR. And I like it. The biggest vertical Ive done is 9 down and 10 out and the longest was 6 down and 20 out to flat (by accident) and it felt really good.
    Hope that helps
    ETBW
    Magura

N* Bomber Crew
    I'm starting to seriously consider the Manitou Sherman Slider Plus. 05. The fork seems appropriate for my bike. Its daul crown, something I want, has SPV which I rode and know its a good dampning system, and its just a hair heavier than the 66RC. Its the same price range so I should be fine. We may have a winner....

Stiff for the climbs, seems like a good downhiller...Im really looking into this!

That's my name
    I'm starting to seriously consider the Manitou Sherman Slider Plus. 05.

Hopefully i beat SMT to this, but 'Marzocchi' all the way!!!
    I don't think you could can go wrong with the 66.
    I'd get a Zoke over a Manitou anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by saviorself
    I put a boxxer race on mine and I love it. Or if you have alot of $ wait untill the Travis with Intinsic damping comes out, they look sick.

can i fit a fox vanilla RC with a 2.8 stroke on that weyless from supergo for 219?

We get titles?
    can i fit a fox vanilla RC with a 2.8 stroke on that weyless from supergo for 219?

I guess the question would be, how long is the shock?
    My 67 takes a 9.0 x 2.75, but mine is the older black and red one. I'm not sure if they changed the shock size on the newer green models.

mtbr member
    Jun 2004

wow i can't believe supergo still has these! and now they have all three sizes in stock... anyone think it would be a worthy upgrade from a KHS FR1500 (6" travel) ? i'm looking for another inch of travel but something i can still pedal... this 67 frame is an unbelieveable deal.

another question, yes I too want to know what size shock it fits.

one more thing for you 67 owners- what frame size / how tall are you? i'm 5'8 with about a 30" inseam and my Medium 18" khs fr1500 has no standover clearance at all.. but the 67 has a better frame design, so choosing between the 16" and 18" frame would be a hard decision without a little input..

crumb
    Im 5'10'' and I have no idea what an inseam is. But im 165 and ride an 18''
    ETBW
    Magura

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by mr plow
    Hopefully i beat SMT to this, but 'Marzocchi' all the way!!!
    I don't think you could can go wrong with the 66.
    I'd get a Zoke over a Manitou anyday.
    Eh, the 66RC is proabobly my biggest contender, but I think I should go for a Dual Crown....and the 888RC seems a little too much for my bike....

I've ridden Marzocchi a very long time, and I've sworn by them. Their HCSV and SSV is a very smooth and progressive dampning system (More so HCSV). I ride SPV currently, and I like the way it feels as well. With the Slider under 7 lbs, SPV for when I have to take the bike uphill, dual crown, and seems stiff.....it just seems like it would be perfect for my bike.

I need some more input though....

Team Sanchez
    I had a 9.0 X 3.0 shock made for my 67 by Romic, so if the i to i length is right, the 2.8 inch stroke fox should work.

Team Sanchez
    Get a Shiver for that 67, and let her rip! I raced DH on a 67 for two seasons. Bike works just fine.

Why aren't you riding????

Go blue!

to the death!

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Get a Shiver for that 67, and let her rip! I raced DH on a 67 for two seasons. Bike works just fine.
    Thats a lil too much weight for my bike...looking to try and keep the weight to a reasonable level. (Not a weight weenie though)

For Da' Shorteez
    Quote Originally Posted by offtheedge
    to the death!
    Heh, I think I followed you down PCH this morning. All the way to the traffic circle. Black Nissan Truck?

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin
    Heh, I think I followed you down PCH this morning. All the way to the traffic circle. Black Nissan Truck?
    that is every day for me..........hell
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jun 2004
    Before anyone gets mad I placed an ad in the classifieds and got pretty much only european scam artists responding..................................
    but I have a Weyless 67 complete that i need to part with ( long story ) but the bike has only been ridden twice ( honest )----if interested drop me a line. Nice bikes. Thanx.

Pain Is A State Of Mind

huh

who makes the 67

Why aren't you riding????

yep

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Loin

Oh glorious traffic circle of DEATH!

that be me. give it a swerve next time..

Team Sanchez
    Weyless, with exclusive distributorship by Supergo/Performance Bike. Basically it was their own inhouse brand. I believe they have done away with it, and are liquidating the remaining inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by free-rider_down-hiller
    who makes the 67

weyless

Pain Is A State Of Mind

hey

hey a few questions how much do you weyless 67's way

how much does the weyless 67 frame weight

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    how much does the weyless 67 frame weight

no idea on the frame, but mine setup with way is just about 41 pounds even.

setup with singleply/non-dh, but still beefy tires and my z-150 fork instead, it hits the 37 pound mark. and without the frame pads.

got a boxxer ride coming for it, that i get to pick up today. lowerable front for climbing, and still have that nice DC travel the rest of the time! yippee!
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

N* Bomber Crew
    Ok, my cash flow is looking good, birthday coming up. 66RC baby.

cash flow is good for me too, just sold my frame for 600, use up the money for the 67, rear wheel cassette seat cables EXT

I hate texas
    What does the 67 frame take, Top or bottom pull front derailleurs?
    Respect Cape Cult Member #21 "The California Respector"

I hate texas
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicodude01
    What does the 67 frame take, Top or bottom pull front derailleurs?

Anyone....Buller?

Te mortuo heres tibi sim?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chicodude01
    Anyone....Buller?
    top pull, top swing. using a plain jane xt on mine. the sram i had intended for it won't work with the way the swingarm is.

as an aside: just put the boxxer ride on yesterday, and had a good ride on it today, with lots of climbing up and dropping down. great fork (being able to drop the fork down to 133mm to climb) for this; made climbing up sooooo much easier than with the jr-t and z-150 it replaced.
    Florence Nightingale's Stormtrooper

kona-tize me captain
    Thats a lil too much weight for my bike...looking to try and keep the weight to a reasonable level. (Not a weight weenie though)

how much do shivers weigh exactly? and super t's im debating on which to choose for my stinky.
    Looking for a 7.87 x 2.25mm shock, any brand any age that runs well!! cheap would be appreciated!

N* Bomber Crew
    Quote Originally Posted by scrublover
    top pull, top swing. using a plain jane xt on mine. the sram i had intended for it won't work with the way the swingarm is.

as an aside: just put the boxxer ride on yesterday, and had a good ride on it today, with lots of climbing up and dropping down. great fork (being able to drop the fork down to 133mm to climb) for this; made climbing up sooooo much easier than with the jr-t and z-150 it replaced.
    That looks pretty good, but Im stick with Marzocchi if I decide to get a fork. Im still keeping the Z for now, and seeing what sort of things will be around come September. I'm still thinking 66RC, but I am seeing that its a lot of money, and my Z rides pretty schweet now. I'm just working on creating a sort of "Mini DH bike". I'm setting up everything so that it cuts through DH sections, not mow through them.

Any other things I just get for my bike? I'll try and get a photo up here in the next day or so.

I hate texas
    So I am 6'2, and I have an inseam of 32 inches, so a 18 would be my ideal size. right?

not really a noob
    Quote Originally Posted by HJB
    I made quite a few changes to mine before I ever rode it. Mostly because I bought it during the winter and it was just sitting there begging to be upgraded...and I had a few bux hanging around...and I had no self control.

I swapped my Z150 for a Super T and although I've had very little time to ride it I'm glad I did. The 66 and 888 both have a huge A to C dimension, something to consider. The Super T is less, keeping the stand over within reason, still not much room for nut sack clearance with my 30" inseam.

I dumped the Hayes 9's and put on some Avid mech's. I just prefer the simplicity.

I've also changed the tires- IRC Trail Bears, the stem and seatpost- Tompson, seatpost clamp- Salsa, bars- Easton carbon, grips, shifters- XT, saddle, and umm I think that's it...for now anyway. Maybe the wheels when theese ones are destroyed.
    that looks NICE!
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD