Time to ride more or maybe less- Mtbr.com
    No Fear

Time to ride more or maybe less

Hi all folks. These days I feel Im sinking my passion . I don’t ride as frequent as the old days . Nor work on my rig like before in the ware house . Also im not showing up on the forums as I used to inform you from our ridding in Iran like the previous years.

In the first picture you can see our trail guest sitting in the middle. A pal from a nearby town (120 KM) he came over for 3 weekends to train in the national course which we have a national within 3 or 4 weeks . Oh man he was really motivated on the race. Every weekend he came here with bus.!! I went to the terminal and took him up for a ride to the trail . During the day as we ( locals ) were counting flies he was using his time getting familiar with every rock on the trail.
    On the pic we were trail fixing his guide .

The next two photos are from my self trying to smooth land a drop with little ran out.

On the forth we are cooling our selves in a tank we found near the trails . And when we found out it was the parks drinking water supply the park rangers were shouting at us while we hammered the trail with our clothes in the handlebar!!!

5 : Hot weather riding . Hmmm protection or cooling ? but after all it was great to bomb the trail with your muscles breathing air

6 & 7 : a jump our BMX riders had made. Not physically suitable for our bikes . I was the pioneer to try it and the vertical lipped ramp made me fly 7-8 meters on my nose and have a harsh land for my 66 .But no one shot the scene. After my attempt folks filleted the lip for a more horizontal fly.

8’ 9 & 10 : A mid week ride on a hiking trail . On the other side of our mega city .Tehran We were on the pickup in the traffic more than our saddles on that that ride .

Hope me good luck on life.

By the way is MTBR performing slow on your network too or its my ISP thats so much running on my head?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (218.2 KB, 519 views)
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (214.2 KB, 515 views)
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (206.8 KB, 515 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (153.9 KB, 518 views)
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (209.0 KB, 514 views)

No Fear

Therest of the pix

Some one help me with this slugish internet.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (210.7 KB, 495 views)
    • File Type: jpg 7.jpg (177.6 KB, 493 views)
    • File Type: jpg 8.jpg (225.3 KB, 495 views)
    • File Type: jpg 9.jpg (227.0 KB, 491 views)
    • File Type: jpg 10.jpg (222.4 KB, 490 views)

StraightOuttaCompton
    nice pics. that one of the stab bottomed is cool.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

mtbr member
    Hey, I'm awaiting your letter so I can send you a t-shirt, I need your adress hopefully you put it on the letter.

Glad to Be Alive
    ride with learners....there passion will get you to the stoke level

don't rush to ride and then rush home.....take ur time and really enjoy the passion mtn biking has to offer
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

外国人
    Jun 2007
    ...or just ride your bike, nothing more nothing less, don't think of anything, you are just out there spinning having fun.

and btw, that picture of you and your gang in the reservoir tank....IS GHEY

...idios...
    "and btw, that picture of you and your gang in the reservoir tank....IS GHEY"

I think it's more a matter of perception than portrayal. It's just a bunch of friends hanging out together, and not their fault that it turns you on.

Saber, you're one of the most stoked guys on here, so you can probably afford to lose a little passion without it really meaning anything!! I agree totally with SMT's advice of not rushing to ride. Plus, the rest of your life seems to be changing a great deal at the moment, so you don't have the same freedom, not just with time, but also with the the amount of things you have to sort out in your mind. Don't use it as an escape, but allow yourself to make riding a break from the stresses and hassles of the day to day. Relax and enjoy doing something that you love.

What use is a philosopher who doesn't hurt anybody's feelings? -
    Diogenes

Petty and weak
    There IS more to life than riding, so don't worry if you find other interests. You can ride a bike anytime. Don't be worried!
    ~ Downride and Freehill, nothing else ~

SILENCE! I KILL YOU!
    don't worry too much about it, sir.
    Hunter, Simmons, Berrecloth, Watson,Vanderham, Semenuk, Schley, Gulevich, Bourdon, Smith, Moreland, Shandro, Boyko... Bieber.

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Great post Saber! I find myself going through the same thing. I havent ridden in weeks and don't check into mtb forums as much as before. I guess I am focusing more on my other hobby (spearfishing) and will hopefully soon get stoked to ride again.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    yea great post. hope stuff works out for ya bro.

cool to see some riders from the other side of the globe shreddin just like anyone else

mtbr member

1st slump?

Nice pics. Sounds like you need a break. Don't worry, your love for riding will come back. Just be preparred to buy all new shiit!

mtbr member
    I too would suggest you take it easy and not get down on yourself if you dont ride as much or feel the passion as much. If you find something else that gives you great enjoyment then go with it, but if not, you will come back to biking with real appreciation of the sport

I know English is not your first language but your line ....She’s the first one I came into and shes a rider... cracked me up

Great pics BTW

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by swaussie
    I too would suggest you take it easy and not get down on yourself if you dont ride as much or feel the passion as much. If you find something else that gives you great enjoyment then go with it, but if not, you will come back to biking with real appreciation of the sport

I know English is not your first language but your line ....She’s the first one I came into and shes a rider... cracked me up

Great pics BTW
    haha.. i had to do a double take on that one too... wow

PMP,TAN,LAUNDRY
    Loss of passion means one thing........road trip. Are you riding the same trails all the time? This can burn you out very quickly. Sometimes I go and ride the easier trails around my area just because it is something different. Good luck!
    Bender to AZDog: I'm not the best person to give advice on not riding!

moaaar shimz
    Get some new parts for your bike or ride new trails

Riiiiiide...
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    "and btw, that picture of you and your gang in the reservoir tank....IS GHEY"

I think it's more a matter of perception than portrayal. It's just a bunch of friends hanging out together, and not their fault that it turns you on.
    LOL

And double LOL

To the OP.. i went through a period of several years when was i wasnt riding. At one point i just realized how much i missed it and now im into it more than ever. Everyone has their own experience concering dying passion but the fact is, if you're enjoying biking so much now (or have been up until now), then its in your blood. Dont fret, take a break if you need it, try new trails, whatever.. you will be back

mtbr member

Great pics BTW
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha...
    I LOLed so HARD!!!! Hahahahahahaha

mtbr member
    Nothing ups the stoke like a new bike.

Get a new bike.

Riiiiiide...
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    Nothing ups the stoke like a new bike.

Get a new bike.

No offense but thats just sicka** consumerism and has nothing to do with the essence of mountain biking. It sounds like in order to be able to mountain bike you need something new all the time to keep you going. Totally wrong motivation.
    (i wonder if ive opened up a whole new can of worms with this post!?)

...idios...
    "(i wonder if ive opened up a whole new can of worms with this post!?)"

It wouldn't be a bad thing if you did. For what it's worth, I agree entirely with your post.

Diogenes

No Fear
    Well about my bike . I totally love all the parts and bits on my both bikes and their doing very well for my usage . Hmmm maybe ill switch my 66 RC2X for a Boxxer im thinking on a DC these days but others are fine.

The trails . I never repeat any trail that much till it ‘ll bore me out.

And another point . Im confused about your opinion on my sentence ((She’s the first one I came into and shes a rider )) .i didn’t get the point . Did you mean I have a grammar or conversative issue on it? Or you mean I wrote it in a cool way?

...idios...
    "She’s the first one I came into and shes a rider "

Another term for having an orgasm is 'to come'.

Diogenes

No Fear
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveUK
    "She’s the first one I came into and shes a rider "

Another term for having an orgasm is 'to come'.
    Really !!! Well i didnt want to mean that at all. in fact i didnt even know that meaning.

i meant she is the first girl im meeting.

banned
    Take a couple weeks off.

Leave your bike somewhere in the house where you'll see it all the time, every time you pass. Things will fall into place there.

Every so often, go through the passion that is your own posts. Take a look at some of the passion posts I've made about riding in Germany with my gf.

I lose my passion sometimes. Once it was for a couple years.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SABER_MTB
    Really !!! Well i didnt want to mean that at all. in fact i didnt even know that meaning.

i meant she is the first girl im meeting.
    she is the first girl I met.

but relax Saber, we all know what you mean and this is not to make fun of you and your English. I just laughed because I know what its like to say things in a foreign language that make people laugh and you don't understand why

I am hot and I am horny are so similar in German I have turned a few heads when I didnt mean to

...idios...
    "Really !!! Well i didnt want to mean that at all."

I know, so does everyone else, some of them were just amused by your mistake. We all knew exactly what you meant. Don't worry about it, you clearly put more effort into your written English than a lot of people do.

Diogenes

banned
    Hell, look around the forums here. He has more respect for the written language than native speakers do, so he gets a free pass, as far as I'm concerned.

Members who have read this thread: 0