Thru Axel Problem- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Nov 2009

Thru Axel Problem

I just bought a Mavic Crossline Wheelset and I am having some trouble adapting it to my Marzocchi 55-ATA 165mm w/20m axle. My old wheelset had a 6 bolt disc brake system and the Mavic has a locking system. I went ahead and bought new rotors which seem to work fine.

My problem is that I need some type of spacer in order to fit the wheel on the thru axel properly. Anyone have any experience with this? I called Marzocchi and Mavic and I did not get any answers.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
    Phosphate Rider

mtbr member
    I have no experience with either but... which one seem the be problem?.. Have you meassure them both (hub and fork) to see which one isnīt 110mm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp
    ...es como acomodarte los calzones, seguro lo puede hacer alguien pero es mejor que lo haga uno mismo

Chilling out
    One of the people that I ride with ( here in NE-PA ) has the same problem.

On his bike it looks for all the world like the hub end-caps are just too short, resulting in horizontal play of the wheel on the thru-axle. You can push it by hand, no problem. The only thing keeping it centered is the brake rotor. :^(

addendum: according to the Mavic www those front hubs are 92mm wide and they annotate that adapters are necessary. The 20mm spec is a 110mm wide front hub, FYI.

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    The problem is that my endcaps are to long to fit into my fork with the center lock rotor... Has anyone found shoter endcaps?????
    Phosphate Rider

Members who have read this thread: 0