Thoughts on the 06' Zoke 888vf- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

New question here. Thoughts on the 06' Zoke 888vf

Ive been looking into a new fork for a while as some of you know. Quick Question though: If I can get an 05' 888rc or an 06' 888vf for the same price, which one do I go for? I love how the 06' comes stock with low rise crowns, but I do not like the lack of adjustments...Has Marzocchi stepped up the VF for 2006 or no?
    Erik

SMT Supporter

get the 05 RC

If i was you i will get the 05 rc, because it was the top of the line last year and is a proven performance fork with the HSCV valves that sticks to the ground on the rougth stuff. About the 06 vf....I only heard bad things about those. Looks like a jr t with the same rebound adj that comes in the 04 drop off 1.
    anyway its your decision.
    good luck

100% Cheesy Goodness
    get the RC with out a doubt. I have one, and it is beyond words. I also picked up a 06 66vf and am having a very hard time tuning it to my liking. never had that problem with the 05 66RC I had or the 05 888rc. You wont find a more reliable better made fork. The VF has come a long way, but its like day and night comparing the VF to the RC
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    maybe check out the vf2 model? ive heard good things from other peeps first hand experience

mtbr member
    get the 05 RC and then save up for some lower crowns. i would rather have my 04888r then a brand new 06vf2.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    evil4bc said the vf2 system kicks much ass compared to the vf.. the vf2 does have comp and rebound adjustments..

SMT Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by fiddy_ryder
    evil4bc said the vf2 system kicks much ass compared to the vf.. the vf2 does have comp and rebound adjustments..
    yes maybe the vf2 kicks the vf, but still faaaaaaaaaaar away from the HSCV on the 05rc.
    get the 05RC.!!!! hi-end real stuff Vs.hi-end looks that not works like high end stuff

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Don't waste your money on a VF. Save up for a 888 RC2X or get the '05 888 RC and put on the lower crowns if you must have one now.

mtbr member
    boyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys u all should just get a rst gilla t5 then up be of for the rest of yur ridin dayssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

banned
    You're a bit of an idiot, aren't you?

Oh well, we all are sometimes. SSV sucks. Pogo stick.

Well, it could be because I always ran 15psi preload in my DJIII

Giant STP 06
    I think the 888VF is only OEM, and the 888VF2 is aftermarket. From what I've heard, the VF2 is a lot better than the previous VF. You can adjust rebound on compression, and supposedly feels better.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    i am temporarily riding a VF2 and i do not like it one bit. the rebound and compression adjustments suck... the rebound works alright i guess but the compression... if you make it tight it feels even crappier, and if you make it loose it makes it feel crappier, you just have to put it in the middle to get a decent amount of feeling out of it... i hate it... hate...

Members who have read this thread: 0