To those that have, advice on selling?- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jan 2007

To those that have, advice on selling?

Im interested to know what other riders have done when the time comes to move on/upgrade. I've got a pretty great freeride bike, and I'm torn between parting it out, or trying to sell it as a whole. I'd like to race DH, and some of the parts would be great to swap over (saint brakes, x9/xO drivetrain, 729/hope pro II wheelset) where as others may be a bit porky/ill suited for racing (RS Totem). Am i better off parting the bike, or hoping to find the right buyer for a freeride bike?

I'd really appreciate the boards input. Thanks!

Thunder Chunky
    Quote Originally Posted by NWfreeride
    Im interested to know what other riders have done when the time comes to move on/upgrade. I've got a pretty great freeride bike, and I'm torn between parting it out, or trying to sell it as a whole. I'd like to race DH, and some of the parts would be great to swap over (saint brakes, x9/xO drivetrain, 729/hope pro II wheelset) where as others may be a bit porky/ill suited for racing (RS Totem). Am i better off parting the bike, or hoping to find the right buyer for a freeride bike?

I'd really appreciate the boards input. Thanks!
    My guess is you would get more money parting it out plus you wouldnt lose money by having to buy some parts for your bike. Just my $.02
    Purple Popcorn

Members who have read this thread: 0