The things in my basement....- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 28 of 28
  1. #1
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861

    The things in my basement....

    I sort of haven't noticed until now, but my basement is turning into a bit of a bike shop. Several guys just have their bikes and stuff just laying around. Anyway, heres a tour of all the sh;t in my basement....





    1)My Orange Patriot. Seatpost and saddle are sitting in some field where I gave them a "frustrated toss" after some semi-successful dirt jumping. Don't worry, its all on film.

    2)Random drivetrain parts, a wheels destined to be scrapped for a cassette.

    3)The ole tool box. Disorganized because of frequent use. Not all accounted for either: the biggest spanner was used as a spatula on a recent barbeque outing. Screw McGyver, I'm Cheech-and-Chong-ing it...

    4)Sh;tty SR Suntour fork I used years ago. Dismantled to see if there was anything to do with it. Lowers are suprisingly light -- props to Magnesium.

    5)My friend's Tomac Eli that we've been building up. Still waiting on a headset press and a fork and a correct seatpost. Thinking about putting a Minute 1:00 on there although I pushed for a Sherman Firefly for a while. The Axel is just on there for a prop.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrewpalooza; 06-09-2005 at 05:04 PM.
    Trestle Bike Park

  2. #2
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    here's the rest of them...

    1)My mom's old Bianchi road bike. 70's I think. I was told it was fairly high-end in its day.

    2)My Specialized Rockhopper FSR XC bike. Behold the white frame and matching white Next LPs....and coming soon is a white Manitou R7 Platinum fork.

    3)My friend's Soul Cycles Loki. Custom painted Pink with "Dancing Pat" on the side. Don't ask...you don't want to know. Looks like a good frame except for the ***** derailleur hanger.

    4)Another friend's Planet X Jack Flash. Associated parts with it. Still waiting on wheels and stuff.

    5)More random stuff...including some shiny new X.9 shifters.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Andrewpalooza; 06-09-2005 at 05:05 PM.
    Trestle Bike Park

  3. #3
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    ...and not least:

    1)My K2 Flyin Monkey hardtail. Going a little more DJ with it now; note the e.13 bash and the preperations for a SS conversion. Fork is getting sold and the blingin' gold Psylo Race is going on this one. Losing that hideous red tire too, got it from -- big surprise -- the kid with the pink bike. Also there is an old Giant Boulder SE frame back in there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Trestle Bike Park

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation: thebikedoctor33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    619
    that pink loki is hot. lol

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: ynotgobig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    329
    i have the same tool set as you.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,699
    You got nothing...my friend's Garage.

    Last edited by DanD; 06-09-2005 at 06:18 PM.

  7. #7
    Cynical Bystander
    Reputation: COmtbiker12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    6,770
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    You got nothing...my friend's Garage.
    And that doesn't even show the stuff on the right side. Probably 20 or so tires laying around and shelves on the side with enough spare/broken parts to get another bike or two.
    Tony
    is making a comeback.

    Turns out that five years of not mountain biking, really makes one strive to get back to it.

  8. #8
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by COmtbiker12
    And that doesn't even show the stuff on the right side. Probably 20 or so tires laying around and shelves on the side with enough spare/broken parts to get another bike or two.
    damn.
    Trestle Bike Park

  9. #9
    Team Sanchez
    Reputation: El Chingon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    4,368
    Hang on to that steel Bianchi with the lugged joints. That thing is sweet!

  10. #10
    Still on Training Wheels!
    Reputation: drum714's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,107
    Who's garage is that? and mabey an address and time when there not at home
    It's not a good ride if you don't scare yourself at least once.


    Yeah...I'm Sponsored..................by my Bank Account

  11. #11
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by El Chingon
    Hang on to that steel Bianchi with the lugged joints. That thing is sweet!
    It's a great bike....
    Trestle Bike Park

  12. #12
    100% Cheesy Goodness
    Reputation: sortafast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    I sort of haven't noticed until now, but my basement is turning into a bit of a bike shop. Several guys just have their bikes and stuff just laying around. Anyway, heres a tour of all the sh;t in my basement....





    1)My Orange Patriot. Seatpost and saddle are sitting in some field where I gave them a "frustrated toss" after some semi-successful dirt jumping. Don't worry, its all on film.

    2)Random drivetrain parts, a wheels destined to be scrapped for a cassette.

    3)The ole tool box. Disorganized because of frequent use. Not all accounted for either: the biggest spanner was used as a spatula on a recent barbeque outing. Screw McGyver, I'm Cheech-and-Chong-ing it...

    4)Sh;tty SR Suntour fork I used years ago. Dismantled to see if there was anything to do with it. Lowers are suprisingly light -- props to Magnesium.

    5)My friend's Tomac Eli that we've been building up. Still waiting on a headset press and a fork and a correct seatpost. Thinking about putting a Minute 1:00 on there although I pushed for a Sherman Firefly for a while. The Axel is just on there for a prop.
    Dude you are like the redneck of the bike world. All you need is to put some of them bikes up on blocks out in the front yard and you'll be set. dont forget the mullet.
    Blaaah blaaah blaaah

  13. #13
    Youngbuck
    Reputation: CanadianHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    766
    your basement is awesome and that garage is just amazing. But are all those bikes his? How would you ride all of them? lol
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    736
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    You got nothing...my friend's Garage.

    Hasn't he ever heard of ebay?
    Now it's time for the blubba
    Blabba
    To watch that belly get fatter
    Fat boy on a diet
    Don't try it
    (SMT, WCH,EIO)I'll jack your @ss like a looter in a riot
    My sh!t's fat like a sumo slammin' that @ss
    Leavin' your face in the grass

  15. #15
    Renegade of Krunk
    Reputation: E30Evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by DanD
    You got nothing...my friend's Garage.

    Your friend definitely sells rocks, and maybe even his virginity on the corner

    Quote Originally Posted by thebikedoctor33
    that pink loki is hot. lol
    I was gonna say that like word-for-word, crazy
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this

  16. #16
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Here's a few things in mine..........











    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  17. #17
    I love RIDING!!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    228
    hahah Good Stuff love that pink HT and that suped up mini me
    Life is to short... get out and ride

  18. #18
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by sortafast
    Dude you are like the redneck of the bike world. All you need is to put some of them bikes up on blocks out in the front yard and you'll be set. dont forget the mullet.
    Nah, the reason I have so many bikes in my basement is because that is where the tools are at the moment. The bikes just sort of followed. As for my three bikes, I'm sure as hell not going to keep them in the garage. The tools are in disarray because my friends are idiots.

    Anyway, I have to confess, this thread wasn't my idea. It was the weed's. Two bowls out of a four foot bong and I'm running around town, looking for batteries for my digicam because I somehow came to the conclusion that giving mtbr a tour of my bike shop was a good idea...

    I still hate rednecks....
    Trestle Bike Park

  19. #19
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    clean your garage
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  20. #20
    Prof. of Doomology
    Reputation: drdoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by sortafast
    Dude you are like the redneck of the bike world. All you need is to put some of them bikes up on blocks out in the front yard and you'll be set. dont forget the mullet.
    dude he's from kansas the whole redneck things goes without saying
    I ain't got time to bleed - Jesse Ventura, Predator

    My name......Inigo Montoya....you have killed my father......prepare to die! - Mandy Patinkin, The Princess Bride

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation: manwithnoname's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    174
    Pool table abuser!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    .....

  22. #22
    gnar, brah
    Reputation: Andrewpalooza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,861
    Quote Originally Posted by drdoom
    dude he's from kansas the whole redneck things goes without saying
    therefore you are just as redneck as me biatch.
    Trestle Bike Park

  23. #23
    a'buh?
    Reputation: flyingwalrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    635
    may I please have that AS-X in that guy's garage?
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

  24. #24
    a'buh?
    Reputation: flyingwalrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    635
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    Nah, the reason I have so many bikes in my basement is because that is where the tools are at the moment. The bikes just sort of followed. As for my three bikes, I'm sure as hell not going to keep them in the garage. The tools are in disarray because my friends are idiots.

    Anyway, I have to confess, this thread wasn't my idea. It was the weed's. Two bowls out of a four foot bong and I'm running around town, looking for batteries for my digicam because I somehow came to the conclusion that giving mtbr a tour of my bike shop was a good idea...

    I still hate rednecks....

    I've been there (running around looking for batteries while high)
    "Don't just huck yourself: be skilled, be trained, be ready, be prepared, then give 'er." -Dylan Tremblay

  25. #25
    MTBR Mafia
    Reputation: cdub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,553
    wow i seriously want that pink bike
    All Mountain was so 2005

  26. #26
    mtbr noob
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    34
    there is some serious fun to be had on a bike that could come out of those garages.
    "never give up, and never surrender" Buzz Lightyear

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,699
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingwalrus
    may I please have that AS-X in that guy's garage?
    Which one? and no.

  28. #28
    RIDE TO LIVE&LIVE TO RIDE
    Reputation: ironhorsebike1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    826
    half of that stuff isn't there anymore(in the garage). it was friends' parts and frames.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting the hang of things
    By formica in forum Women's Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-07-2005, 08:09 AM
  2. things I've learned on the trail this year...
    By joer in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-04-2005, 07:38 PM
  3. How to ride over, and not into things .
    By the mtn man in forum XC Racing and Training
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-10-2004, 07:22 PM
  4. Most gnarly things done on a XC HT
    By Dave Moore in forum Riding Passion
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2004, 05:42 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.