Tall man looking for tall knee/shinguards- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Tall man looking for tall knee/shinguards

I searched around in the clyde section and couldnt find much info in there, but I'm 6'9" and looking for some of the taller knee/shin guards on the market.

Most of the XL models from Fox, 661, Raceface/Roach, all seem like they'd be 3-4" too short for my shins.

What do the tall guys in here wear?

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob
    I searched around in the clyde section and couldnt find much info in there, but I'm 6'9" and looking for some of the taller knee/shin guards on the market.

Most of the XL models from Fox, 661, Raceface/Roach, all seem like they'd be 3-4" too short for my shins.

What do the tall guys in here wear?
    I have a set of Fox Launch's that seem pretty long. I am 6'4" w/ a 35" inseam.

Bike Ninja |||
    6'4" with 36" inseam and wear the l/xl fox launches... but 90% of the time wear kyle straits or Evos.
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

meow meow
    6'9'' and you took up mountain biking? sounds like your in the wrong sport buddy. jk, maybe an xl guard plus ankle guards?

Professional Troll
    6'7" and fox launches are just fine. Only problem is they're too fat.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    In my experience, the bottom of your shin rarely (if ever) needs protection. My Dainese Revolution knee/shin guards have several pedal strikes from mid to upper shin (so do my calves), but none down low, and the guards stop about 4 inches above my shoes. Generally when your foot comes off the pedal, your other foot stays on and rotates the crank around so that the pedal hits the upper part of your lower leg.

mtbr member
    So 3 guys saying Fox Launches, that makes my decision pretty easy.

Gemini, can you elaborate on them being too fat? Do they hit the top tube or get in the way of pedaling?

Professional Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by GTscoob
    So 3 guys saying Fox Launches, that makes my decision pretty easy.

Gemini, can you elaborate on them being too fat? Do they hit the top tube or get in the way of pedaling?

No no, just the straps are so f-ing long its hard to get the pads tight on your leg. I'm 210lbs and the small guards fit me better in that way. Wayyyy better. Get ready to alter the velcro to shorten them.

mtbr member
    What about the 661 4x4s or the Roach/RaceFace Rally FR? The 661 looks to be a little longer than the Rally.

Can you guys with the Fox pads get a length measurement for me? 661 clarifies that their measurement is from the center of the knee to the bottom of the pad, I'm not sure how RF measures theirs. Both are half the price of the Foxs, but I do realize that good protection is worth every penny.

Members who have read this thread: 0