Tall+Chromag Stylus?- Mtbr.com
    Making fat cool since '71

Tall+Chromag Stylus?

Anyone here over 6'2" ride a Stylus? They have been helpful in emails, but I doubt I'd get a chance to truly test one out before making the leap. The TT is <24" which is "short" for me by history of what I've been riding and feel comfortable on...Thanks.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Chromag Stylus

Brook,

I am 6'3" and ride a Stylus for DJ, park, BMX, and general mucking about. The frame rides awesome and I have no issues with the length. Seems to fit perfect. Let me know if you have any other questions about Chromag. I having been running Ian's stuff for sereral years now (bars, stems, saddle, QRs, frames) and it has all been superbe.

Shane

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I'm 6'5" and the stock sizes are definitely too small for me for general purpose trail use - probably for you too. But fine for park/street.

Mike Truelove in Squamish is responsible for making all the Chromags except for the Stylus. If you contact him he could probably make you something but it'll cost more. But it would be custom. Besides, a steel hardtail of this type will probably last you a lifetime - consider it an investment!

Making fat cool since '71
    Thanks. I'm all torso and the Stylus, while strong, looks to be a bit small for me for intended purpose: freeride trail type stuff. I'd be cramped I think. I'll check out Truelove. I'm sure not against custom; I'll have to massage the wallet maybe. Thanks again.

Brock...
    Are the wheels roundish? Ride it.

Disciples Of Dirt, come ride with us.

wwg
    No Class
    I'm 6' 1" and ride a size large Stylus for everything without a problem.
    Q: Who's faster than me?
    A: Just about everybody, including your oldest living relative.

West Coast FTW!
    May 2009
    I don' t think the large would be too bad for you considering you intend to use it for exactly what it is meant for, I am 5'11 and ride a medium, the TT is perfect for me and I have long arms, mind you I use it more for XC/FR then FR/DJing so my seatpost is showing alot of aluminum, they ride great.....with the low top tube makes it easy manuever....

Members who have read this thread: 0