taking off tubeless tires with sealant- Mtbr.com
    For Those About To Ride

taking off tubeless tires with sealant

how do you take off tubeless tires with sealant on?

OH $#!% TREE!
    Quote Originally Posted by shook_dh
    air chisel and a box cutter
    Originally Posted by DJBiker

"I went to the doctor and told him "hey doc, it hurts when I go like this" and the doc said "well don't do that"

I HATE WINTER......

TNC
    noMAD man

UST or conventional rims?

If you're using Stan's rim strips, and you've been running them for a bit, the seal between the tire bead and rim strip is a little harder to separate but not too tough. I use one of those flat plastic tire levers and just work a gap around the bead and rim interface...I just did a couple of mine this morning. I did run into one of mine last year that had set idle for many months, and the sealant had dried up at the bead like concrete, but it still came apart. If you have UST rims, just peel the tire off the rim like normal. If I'm using the tire again I just remove the larger pieces of stringy latex and throw the tire back on with a fresh charge of sealant. I don't have any serious problems with servicing either conventional rims or UST rims with tubeless setups.

For Those About To Ride
    both rims are tubeless but only the rear tire is, it says nagesti tubeless on the back and tibe/camera on the front. they are michelin tiers and both seem to have sealant cus i cant shove a tire lever in them and with all air out they seem glued to the rims

Nouveau Retrogrouch SuperModerator
    You still need to break the tire bead loose from the rim and pull both beads down into the center drop to remove the tires, just like any tire, sealant or not. I make take more thumb force to unseat the tire bead because of the sealant. The tire levers will not be much help until the bead is loose.
    mtbtires.com
    The trouble with common sense is it is no longer common

TNC
    noMAD man

Like Shiggy said, and...

both rims are tubeless but only the rear tire is, it says nagesti tubeless on the back and tibe/camera on the front. they are michelin tiers and both seem to have sealant cus i cant shove a tire lever in them and with all air out they seem glued to the rims
    if you just can't budge the tire bead in with hand force, find a mounted vise that you can squeeze both sides of the tire into and close the vise on the tire sidewall as close to the bead and rim as you safely can...just don't grab the rim with the vise, obviously. You can even wiggle the wheel if necessary while the tire is gripped in the vise.

Members who have read this thread: 0