Tabletop help- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Tabletop help

  1. #1
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726

    ... and if we just ... Tabletop help

    So today I decided it was time to learn how to table my beast.
    Heres the best one I got today. I'd like it to go alittle flatter.
    Any pointers?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  2. #2
    thats not to steep is it?
    Reputation: thatdownhillkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    469
    i have the same problem. i can almost do it no prob on my bmx bike. but it just cant get it on my dirt jump of dh bike
    07' fsr xc pro
    06' bighit2
    05 hardrock comp set up as a dj bike
    02 fat boy hemi

  3. #3
    MTBiker
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    988
    grow longer arms.

  4. #4
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    886
    My tabletop is getting better, its just practice. What I found helps is doing it at the PEAK of your jump, not while you are going up or down but I could be wrong... just hlps me.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation: zachdank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    3,303
    Try touching your front tire to your shoulder off of a staight jump.




    On a hip kick your legs up.


  6. #6
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Thanks zachdank Im gonna have to work on that shoulder to tire tomorrow
    What I get from alot of pics is that I need to bring my legs up and under me more?
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  7. #7
    Magic Man
    Reputation: likestocrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    So today I decided it was time to learn how to table my beast.
    Heres the best one I got today. I'd like it to go alittle flatter.
    Any pointers?
    I think the two main things are: 1. "punching" your fist through your opposite armpit, 2. knees together, and tucked. Hips are easier to learn on. Strait jumps are when you have em dialed. I'm still tryin...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She said "No, you're wrong." I said "You got a lumpy butt." She got mad at me and yelled at me and I pissed in my pants and I never did change my pee-pants all day. I'm still sittin' in my dirty pee-pants.

  8. #8
    Bum Buzzer
    Reputation: Huck Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,988
    I just started with pushing the stylz -- doing well - but these are GREAT tips.

    Ive seen how-tos and crap and they're too comprehensive. Zach's examples made sense, then 'Punch through to your other armpit' - WTF!! I was just trying to figure out if my home grown technique was right and BAMMO - there it is!

    THANKS and keep em coming.. the Jump thread - K.I.S.S.!!


    wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    BTW - I have been able to do flips for years.


    (Just not on purpose, and yet to ride away..................................)

  9. #9
    Bum Buzzer
    Reputation: Huck Banzai's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,988
    Id it safe to say, as with a bunnyhop (not comparing 1-1 ---) arms lead the manoever and legs follow/supplement?

    When I got whips going, I find the bulk of the move is at my hands -- am I on the right track? I hope so, because I'm throin some pretty evil whips.

  10. #10
    Magic Man
    Reputation: likestocrash's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    301
    Quote Originally Posted by Huck Banzai
    I just started with pushing the stylz -- doing well - but these are GREAT tips.

    Ive seen how-tos and crap and they're too comprehensive. Zach's examples made sense, then 'Punch through to your other armpit' - WTF!! I was just trying to figure out if my home grown technique was right and BAMMO - there it is!

    THANKS and keep em coming.. the Jump thread - K.I.S.S.!!


    wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

    BTW - I have been able to do flips for years.


    (Just not on purpose, and yet to ride away..................................)
    She said "No, you're wrong." I said "You got a lumpy butt." She got mad at me and yelled at me and I pissed in my pants and I never did change my pee-pants all day. I'm still sittin' in my dirty pee-pants.

  11. #11
    Now with flavor!!
    Reputation: kidwoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    Try touching your front tire to your shoulder off of a staight jump.



    Jesus christ you monkey.

    That's about as vert as vert gets.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

  12. #12
    ~~~~~~~~
    Reputation: airwreck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,893
    I find that stretching helps me lots.
    Also try the other side, notice that some of the flatest ones you see are control foot/back foot is on the inside.
    Big bikes are harder for sure.

    damn zach.

  13. #13
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    I have a tip.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    .
    Do it better.

    But don't listen to me. This is coming from a guy who can't table-top anything anyway.
    Meh.

  14. #14
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by airwreck
    I find that stretching helps me lots.
    Also try the other side, notice that some of the flatest ones you see are control foot/back foot is on the inside.
    Big bikes are harder for sure.

    damn zach.
    Well Im a freak, left handed.

    So it feels alot more natural to go to the left.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

  15. #15
    rock hard or hardrock
    Reputation: derfernerf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,046
    i find it helpfull to "tuck" the bike up under by bending your knees
    www.transitionbikes.com

    "The journey of 1,000 miles begins with one step" -Bear Grylls

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,280
    good tips!
    Last edited by CountryBoy; 10-19-2007 at 06:06 PM.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.