Sweet SHOCK pumps- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Idea! Sweet SHOCK pumps

Ok here's my story. I pump up my shock to 50 psi (its a small chamber) and when I put the shock pump back on it registers as 30 psi. Is this just the pump getting charged with air from the shock or has the shock lost 20 psi just from unscrewing the valve after pumping it up? Do any of you know of any pumps that will not lose any pressure when you unscrew the valve? THANKS!
    Ridin' the streets of C-P-T in N-O-V-A

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pntballpunk51
    Ok here's my story. I pump up my shock to 50 psi (its a small chamber) and when I put the shock pump back on it registers as 30 psi. Is this just the pump getting charged with air from the shock or has the shock lost 20 psi just from unscrewing the valve after pumping it up? Do any of you know of any pumps that will not lose any pressure when you unscrew the valve? THANKS!
    that's normal. the pump takes in a small amount of air when you hook it up. it's not leaking. all pumps do that.

mtbr member
    When i unscrew the valve i can hear a small "woosh". Is this air coming from the shock or the space between the valve and teh chamber in the shock?
    Ridin' the streets of C-P-T in N-O-V-A

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    it's the sound of the air coming out of the shock pump.
    pay me

gnar, brah
    There is a valve made that prevents you from loosing any air when you unscrew the shock. Don't remember who makes it though. Just be prepared for a drop in pressure when you unhook. My Fox Float shock and Progressive Suspension pump seem to work pretty well together; I don't loose more than a PSI or two when I'm done pumping.
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pntballpunk51
    dont worry about it...as cornholio said...the air from the shock is needed to fill up the hose and the guage.. wen u pump it up to about 50...it will stay at 50...unless theres a leak in ur shock...and the hissing sound wen u unscrew the pump is just air releasing from the valve...dont worry about it,...it doesnt affect the air pressure in the shock

KC
    Also know as TurnerDHRider