Sweet Sheba! (Finished Build)- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,099

    Sweet Sheba! (Finished Build)

    Here's my new rig. Thanks to a lot of people on here who gave me advice and answered my newbie questions. Here's the Build:

    Rocky Mountain Switch Ltd. Frame
    Push'd Fox Vanilla R
    Marzocchi Z1 FR1 ETA
    Thomson Elite post
    Funn Full Throttle Saddle
    Sun MTX rims
    Wheelsmith spokes/nipples
    Maxxis Holy Rollers
    Hadley Rear Hub
    Marz. 20mm Front Hub
    SRAM X9 Shifters/Rear Der.
    SRAM X-Gen front derailleur
    SRAM PC990 Cassette
    SRAM PC99 Hollowpin Chain
    Avid 203mm BB7 discs
    Avid FR5 levers
    Race Face Diabolous Stem (50mm)
    Race Face X-Type Evolve DH cranks
    Azonic World Force Bars
    Azonic Xtension Pedals
    Lizard Skins Lock on grips
    FSA Big Fat Pig DH Headset
    Avid Flak Jacket Cables

    Everything is put together except the front brake and front derailluer cables need to be routed.

    Full Bike:


    Rear End:


    Front End:


    Me doing a trackstand:


    The bike is primarily for Urban freeriding with the odd XC blast and N.S. style freeriding run. Notice the BMX style headset cap so I can do barspins.

  2. #2
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by dandurston
    Here's my new rig. Thanks to a lot of people on here who gave me advice and answered my newbie questions. Here's the Build:

    Rocky Mountain Switch Ltd. Frame
    Push'd Fox Vanilla R
    Marzocchi Z1 FR1 ETA
    Thomson Elite post
    Funn Full Throttle Saddle
    Sun MTX rims
    Wheelsmith spokes/nipples
    Maxxis Holy Rollers
    Hadley Rear Hub
    Marz. 20mm Front Hub
    SRAM X9 Shifters/Rear Der.
    SRAM X-Gen front derailleur
    SRAM PC990 Cassette
    SRAM PC99 Hollowpin Chain
    Avid 203mm BB7 discs
    Avid FR5 levers
    Race Face Diabolous Stem (50mm)
    Race Face X-Type Evolve DH cranks
    Azonic World Force Bars
    Azonic Xtension Pedals
    Lizard Skins Lock on grips
    FSA Big Fat Pig DH Headset
    Avid Flak Jacket Cables

    Everything is put together except the front brake and front derailluer cables need to be routed.

    Full Bike:


    Rear End:


    Front End:


    Me doing a trackstand:


    The bike is primarily for Urban freeriding with the odd XC blast and N.S. style freeriding run. Notice the BMX style headset cap so I can do barspins.

    looks nice..., but isn't it a little too big or heavy to dj and do barspins on?

    i'm not trying to be ingnorant or put down your ride (cuz it's really nice!), just wondering if you could dj that thing.

  3. #3
    Full Tilt Boogie
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    1,650
    I'm confused. Bar spins with derailler cables? How do you plan on routing the derailler cables and the brake cables through the top cap?

  4. #4
    pwn3rator
    Reputation: scabrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    3,640
    what are you thinking, you can dj anything, but for heavyer stuff you gotta work harder is all...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,099
    It's only 36.2lbs. I really tried hard to save weight were I could. Also I don't really do much dirt jumping. I go out maybe 2 times a month. It's mainly for urban freeriding ie. Stair gaps, retaining walls etc. It pedals really well with the Push Industries modified shock so it's got the 'platform' feel plus the Holy Rollers are really fast tires.

    About the bar spins: Just the front brake cable is goin throught the the star nut. The rest of the cables just have enough slack that they can handle a bar spins as long as I don't do more than 1 in the same direction. I made sure they had enough when I installed em.

    The only parts I'm regretting buying are the rims and the cranks. Both are fine but I wish I would have went with Mavic tubeless rims and ponied up the extra $$$ for Diabolus cranks.

  6. #6
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    113
    is it really nessecary to quote the entire first post, pics and all???

  7. #7
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by bbowman88
    is it really nessecary to quote the entire first post, pics and all???

    he is an idiot
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  8. #8
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    very nice bike pics...congrats to you
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  9. #9
    Pro Crastinator
    Reputation: .WestCoastHucker.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    10,355
    Quote Originally Posted by benwitt11
    I'm confused. Bar spins with derailler cables? How do you plan on routing the derailler cables and the brake cables through the top cap?
    mines the same, first you spin them counter clockwise to unwind them then back clockwise to right them........


  10. #10
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    mines the same, first you spin them counter clockwise to unwind them then back clockwise to right them........

    I thought it was magic
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  11. #11
    Youngbuck
    Reputation: CanadianHooligan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    766
    I thought it was magic
    Haha...nice sarcasm.

    But sweet bike,Id be ridin Shimano not Sram but still a awesome ride. how much did that put you back?
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,099
    It set me back quite a bit. I got the frame new off of supergo.com for just 869$ US which is like 60% off cuz it's an 03 model. I also got the fork for 550$ US new from Down Shift Cycles. The rest of it I got from Go-ride, pricepoint and my LBS. In total I was out about 4g canadian.

    Very sad news however:
    When I got the frame I noticed what looked like a little paint crack in the main pivot by the BB. However I finally got it out for a test ride today and it turns out it's actually a frame crack. Grease was oozing out of the crack. This really sucks cuz getting a frame warrenteed is a big hassle plus there's gonna be some capatibility issues since Rocky changed the leverage ratio for 04 and they dropped the headset size down to a 1 1/8 so my 1.5 reducer headset won't work. The real kick in the nuts is with the shock cuz they changed the leverage ratio so the current Switches have a longer shock. This sux cuz I just got my shock back from being totally done up by Push Industries. If Rocky gives me an 04 frame I'll be pissed cuz they have a manitou 4-way on there and I'm not a Manitou fan. I would be happy with either an 04 R.Schley frame with a Fox Vanilla RC propedal or the 05 with a DHX. I also like my paint job way better than the new ones. I doubt Rocky has another medium 03 Switch ltd. frame kickin around because that's 2 years ago now. Hopefully they didn't change the seatpost size (from 26.8mm) cuz if my Thomson Elite post is uncompatable too I'll really be pissed.

    Do you guys think I should push for them to pay for any parts that I just bought that will no longer be compatable? (Headset, maybe seatpost, maybe shock depending on what the new frame comes with) Or just be happy with a new frame? All these parts are brand new and have one gentle 20min warmup around town ride on em.

  13. #13
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,919
    Quote Originally Posted by dandurston
    It set me back quite a bit. I got the frame new off of supergo.com for just 869$ US which is like 60% off cuz it's an 03 model. I also got the fork for 550$ US new from Down Shift Cycles. The rest of it I got from Go-ride, pricepoint and my LBS. In total I was out about 4g canadian.

    Very sad news however:
    When I got the frame I noticed what looked like a little paint crack in the main pivot by the BB. However I finally got it out for a test ride today and it turns out it's actually a frame crack. Grease was oozing out of the crack. This really sucks cuz getting a frame warrenteed is a big hassle plus there's gonna be some capatibility issues since Rocky changed the leverage ratio for 04 and they dropped the headset size down to a 1 1/8 so my 1.5 reducer headset won't work. The real kick in the nuts is with the shock cuz they changed the leverage ratio so the current Switches have a longer shock. This sux cuz I just got my shock back from being totally done up by Push Industries. If Rocky gives me an 04 frame I'll be pissed cuz they have a manitou 4-way on there and I'm not a Manitou fan. I would be happy with either an 04 R.Schley frame with a Fox Vanilla RC propedal or the 05 with a DHX. I also like my paint job way better than the new ones. I doubt Rocky has another medium 03 Switch ltd. frame kickin around because that's 2 years ago now. Hopefully they didn't change the seatpost size (from 26.8mm) cuz if my Thomson Elite post is uncompatable too I'll really be pissed.

    Do you guys think I should push for them to pay for any parts that I just bought that will no longer be compatable? (Headset, maybe seatpost, maybe shock depending on what the new frame comes with) Or just be happy with a new frame? All these parts are brand new and have one gentle 20min warmup around town ride on em.
    check your other post
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  14. #14
    Renegade of Krunk
    Reputation: E30Evolution's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    604
    I like that color Looks like a really nice ride and I like the build. Not extremely overbuilt to make all the e-groupies drool over your bike that will never take the abuse that it's components will allow. But it'd still be plenty for decent sized drops and downhill runs and trail rides.

    Awesome bike And JB, look at some of the legions pics where they're hitting that big ass dirt kicker (7 feet I think) on totally built FR rigs and tell me you can't jump that Switch
    I'm not new to this, I'm true to this

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,099
    Sorry for asking the same questions on here regarding the warrentee as in the newer thread (Busted Rocky Mountain) I asked them on here and then figured it was way at the end of a older thread and so my questions wouldn't get many reponses so I started a new one.

Similar Threads

  1. Just finished my VT build...
    By Danimal in forum Giant
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-05-2005, 08:35 AM
  2. Just finished SS build for my riding pleasure
    By unospeed in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-09-2005, 07:48 AM
  3. Commuter/ trailer tower build finished.
    By wickerman1 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2005, 07:19 PM
  4. Cove Handjob build finished...
    By CAK in forum Canadian Bikes
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 10:02 AM
  5. Some sweet light parts for my upcoming build
    By dcm311 in forum Weight Weenies
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-17-2004, 10:05 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.