Swapping Cartridges in Z150 DO- Mtbr.com
    N* Bomber Crew

Swapping Cartridges in Z150 DO

I'm looking to put some HCSV cartridges in my Z150 DO that I own. I know how to get them (Call Marzocchi, ask for the specific part) and I am willing to pay for them.

Simple question: How hard is it to swap cartridges? I'm not a huge fan of going into the internals of the fork. I'm not a pro at it obviously, and I'm wondering what kind of "skills" it takes to get it done.

I'm pretty fine with SSV, but if the price is right, seems reasonably easy, I may have to get it a go.

Any help is appreciated

-Kyle
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

surf-ride-repeat
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    I'm looking to put some HCSV cartridges in my Z150 DO that I own. I know how to get them (Call Marzocchi, ask for the specific part) and I am willing to pay for them.

Simple question: How hard is it to swap cartridges? I'm not a huge fan of going into the internals of the fork. I'm not a pro at it obviously, and I'm wondering what kind of "skills" it takes to get it done.

I'm pretty fine with SSV, but if the price is right, seems reasonably easy, I may have to get it a go.

Any help is appreciated

-Kyle
    If you ride any DH trails at all, you'll LOVE how much better the HSCV carts feel...

Marz can help with instructions, as well...

They are really rather helpful actually, and I think it's always better to get instructions from the manufacterer.

When I modded my 2002 DJ'er with 2001 Z1 HSCV carts we called Marz a few times for help, I had one of my holmies do it at a shop. It wasn't as 'easy' as just taking the ssv carts out , sliding the hscv carts in because of the stanchion size of the DJ is thicker than the Z1's were. The Z150 may be just a simple swap though, but definantly verify that with Marz.

So... ya if you don't have the tools/time ... that's what I did, and so far so good on mine.

Good luck.

TNC
    noMAD man

Doing a Z150 project too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude

Any help is appreciated

-Kyle
    I have a pair of '04 Z150 SLs. I'm modifying one of them by keeping the left leg positive and negative air chamber and swapping the right ECC leg for an HSCV cart and coil. It will make a very tuneable hybrid setup. I found something out about '04 Z150s, however. The coil models use a larger threaded top cap and the inner diameter of the steel stanchions are larger than the alloy models--the coil springs from an '04 Z150 will not fit into the alloy stanchions of the '04 Z150 SL--or any other alloy Z150. The right sized cap, spring, and cart are coming for the swap now, but before I send the Z150 coil stuff back, tell me something about your Dropoff. Are the stanchions alloy or steel? If they are steel, this cart would fit your model. If it's alloy, it probably won't fit.