From suspension to rigid for street?- Mtbr.com
    USB Rep'n

From suspension to rigid for street?

building a new park/street/dj specific ride. Itll be rollin 24's and I am thinking about putting a rigid fork on it. Anyone have any experience going from suspension to a rigid fork for these uses? How was it and any suggestions on which fork. FYI, I was thinking the Gusset Jury or DaBomb Jump forks.

Its really like a big bmx bike in the end.
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by namaSSte
    building a new park/street/dj specific ride. Itll be rollin 24's and I am thinking about putting a rigid fork on it. Anyone have any experience going from suspension to a rigid fork for these uses? How was it and any suggestions on which fork. FYI, I was thinking the Gusset Jury or DaBomb Jump forks.

Its really like a big bmx bike in the end.
    if it were me, i'd go for a sherman jumper or something with 80mm travel instead.

SamIAm
    if it were me id put a 26 in the back and a 20 in the front w/ a bmx forx. but thats me....

either of those would work fine just make sure it has the right AtC measurement for your frame. dont want something way to short or way too long.

what frame and setup do u have anyways?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

USB Rep'n
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    if it were me id put a 26 in the back and a 20 in the front w/ a bmx forx. but thats me....

either of those would work fine just make sure it has the right AtC measurement for your frame. dont want something way to short or way too long.

what frame and setup do u have anyways?
    I like your thinking. The chooper/dj is way underrated.

Its going on a frame that is being built by the guys at Terrible One for a company my bud's started up. I think they are calling it Union Street Bike Co. (although it changes fairly often depending on how many beers were consumed). Its got super short stays, 74.5 head tube angle and is 24 only. Spanish bb setup which is also a bit funky. Its supposed to be a halfway between a full on bmx and street mtb. By putting on the rigid, Im just afraid its going to be no different than a cruiser.....
    though hope is frail, it must prevail - Taj Weekes

betam eh-wud-eh-HA-lehu y
    eh-nay Ityopia!

SamIAm
    if ur afraid of that then yeah, get the sherman jumper or better yet. the marz dj24. sic ass fork. a bit on the fat ass side of things but tough as shiz.

ive been half heartedly looking for a good 24 only street bike. is it gonna be kinda like the specialized p-street?
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>

Keepin' it real since '74
    I have a '03 Kona Scab that I recently built up for street/dj, and I'm running the rigid fork that originally came with the bike. My first few rides on it were harsh as sh!t, but it HAS made me learn to flow better. I'm now a better rider because of it. Now, with that said, I'll probably slap on a Marz DJ in about 6 more months.
    "If God didn't want us to eat animals, He wouldn't have made them out of meat."

650 yay area
    Quote Originally Posted by SamL3227
    if ur afraid of that then yeah, get the sherman jumper or better yet. the marz dj24. sic ass fork. a bit on the fat ass side of things but tough as shiz.

ive been half heartedly looking for a good 24 only street bike. is it gonna be kinda like the specialized p-street?
    UGH Marz Dj24.. the gheyest fork ever. Taller than a jumper even though it is 24" specific, heavy as fvck, shitty dampening, why would you ever get one?

SamIAm
    because it says "marz"....just a suggestion...
    <(*-*<) Go Ride (>*-*)>