Super T, Slider, or Kingpin...- Mtbr.com
    My dogs are killin me

Super T, Slider, or Kingpin...

Looking to replace my '04 Sherman Firefly. I have an '05 Weyless 67. I am looking to get a 7" DC for the front to balance out the bike more and to make it more big hit ready. Yes, i know, Weyless sucks, blah, blah.

I need a DC that can be pedaled uphill. I realize no DC is supposed to be used as a climber but i just need to be able to get up hills, however slowly that may be. I have heard the Super T is more of a plush downhill fork, while the slider is more for freeriding. This true? Also i was considering the kingpin- how is it compared to the Slider and the Super T? Does it even compare?

I will be doing a little bit of downhill, plenty of freeriding, and plenty of trail riding.

Some Assembly Required
    Quote Originally Posted by LLrider
    Looking to replace my '04 Sherman Firefly. I have an '05 Weyless 67. I am looking to get a 7" DC for the front to balance out the bike more and to make it more big hit ready. Yes, i know, Weyless sucks, blah, blah.

I need a DC that can be pedaled uphill. I realize no DC is supposed to be used as a climber but i just need to be able to get up hills, however slowly that may be. I have heard the Super T is more of a plush downhill fork, while the slider is more for freeriding. This true? Also i was considering the kingpin- how is it compared to the Slider and the Super T? Does it even compare?

I will be doing a little bit of downhill, plenty of freeriding, and plenty of trail riding.
    I'm ridin' a Slider + w/firm spring & SPV Eolve upgrade, right now....go w/th' Zokie. If you buy a Slider +, you'll want a Zokie. If you buy a Zokie, you'll only wonder about the Slider +. I'm hopin' for a 66rc @ tax time.

Xtremely Moderate
    Zoke Sooooper T!

I don't have that much difficulty climbing on mine.

You just have to adjust your riding to accomodate the bigger fork.

You'll still get up hills, just a little more slowly.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

user-created

Nothing wrong with the Weyless

The stance looks to be a good fork - just a pre-spv Slider.
    Real Sliders are good forks, but don't count on any of your adjustments working. That said, they usually feel good out the box and are pretty stiff. Light compared to a Super-T.

The Super is best of the lot of course. Don't sweat the climbing. I've turned centuries on mine, and have no problem climbing mountain passes or crumbling mesas.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by LLrider

For what you say you'll be using it for, I'd say the Slider +. The SPV and relatively lighter weight makes it a great climber and trail rider. The soop obviously will be the better dh'er and if that is what you're using it for than that's you're fork, but for multi-use I think the Slider is more versatile, although not as plush. In the end you'll adjust to either fork you get, it's more a matter of preference Super T=plusher v. Slider +=lighter and stable platform) in my opinion. I've ridden both on trails and at ski areas and have enjoyed both.