Super T/ Norco questions- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

Super T/ Norco questions

First off, can someone tell me why my super t is acting up. heres the low down.... i took it apart a while ago to paint it and all. so i figure while i'm at it i will change the oil, no problem right? well after everything is finished and the oil is in, i cant get the thing to stiffen up. i've check the oil three times, its about 5-10mm over the suggested height. as in, its about 165 or 170 from the top when fully compressed. yet, i can still bottom it out just but locking the front and pushing down hard on the bars. i tried putting the preload all the way in, as in all the way clockwise. nothing. i cant get it to not bottom out on anything bigger than about 3 feet. help! i have no idea whats wrong.

and the other thing, anyone know how to get ahold of spare norco derailluer hangers. i have an 04 fuse and mines all bent up. its been aligned too many times and is on its way out. plus i like to have spares with me when i ride. but i cant find an email on the norco website, or even a phone number. any ideas?'

thanks

Say Car Ramrod!!
    Jan 2004
    how much do you weigh and is it the recommended height for your weight? you might need stiffer springs.
    I wish my grass was emo so it would cut itself...

mtbr member
    only 155. so weight isnt a problem. it was working fine before i took it apart...

Glad to Be Alive
    what weight of oil did you use??? how did you mesure the new height of oil
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    i used 7.5wt. i think it was finishline stuff. i used a regular dipstick like from an engine. i know i didnt measure it wrong. i've done it 3 times using differant methods. i wonder if the guy i bought it from used 10wt... now that u mention that. maybe i'll try some heavier oil.. but still i know it comes with 7.5 stock so it shouldnt be doing this...

Full grown man
    Norco derailluer hangers:
    http://derailleurhanger.com/norco.htm

mtbr member
    yeah 20 bux seems a little outrageous to me when normally its half that... but if i cant get it anywhere else it looks like i might have to...

Members who have read this thread: 0