Super T, HSCV upgrade- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1
    Yo Paseo El Scream
    Reputation: BansheeHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    275

    Super T, HSCV upgrade

    Alrighty then, I have decided,
    I am planning on buying a new hscv cartridge for the left leg of my 04 super t. I love the fork how it is, and it is wonderful. I just feel like i need more adjustability. I would want the compression. I am very new to this detailedness of forks. I have never either taking my fork apart and done this. So anyboyd how has done work similar to this or the same, please give me some tips on the job. Also where can i get the cartridge and how much, and what kinds are there.
    Thanks
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

  2. #2
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    there is no compression cartrige upgrade for the SuperT; it never had compression damping adjustability.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  3. #3
    Yo Paseo El Scream
    Reputation: BansheeHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    275
    but would it be possible to add it
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

  4. #4
    Buckle Up
    Reputation: WheelieMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    896
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeHucker
    but would it be possible to add it
    no...

    If your fork is wonderful and you like it then why do you need more adjustability?
    <><

  5. #5
    Yo Paseo El Scream
    Reputation: BansheeHucker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    275
    ok, it's good, and i want it to be wonderful!
    Banshee Bikes
    Honorary Member Of The 200 Club
    Sponsers
    SixSixOne
    Soul Cycles
    Kenda Tires

    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    ..."if i can jump it on my feet whilst running as fast as i can, then it aint worth jumping on a bike"...

  6. #6
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by BansheeHucker
    but would it be possible to add it
    it doesnt exist, so no. You already have an HSCV cartridge, you would simply be duplicating it like previous models
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  7. #7
    Soul Cycles
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    819
    no, he has one hscv and one ssv he wants another hscv

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation: calvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    758
    leave it alone, the 04' super is GREaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAATTT!!!!!!!

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    There've been a few threads on this in the past, and I'll say the same thing I said before...just send me the $100 you were going to spend on the new HSCV cartridge, you will get the same performance increase.

  10. #10
    Chillin the Most
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    4,025
    Want some compression range in your Super T, get an air cap. At least you'll have some bottom-out control.

  11. #11
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by sreiman
    no, he has one hscv and one ssv he wants another hscv
    yes i know, but he thinks the other HSCV gives compression control, which it doesnt.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  12. #12
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    I can't believe we go through this same topic every couple of weeks. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE IN ADDING A SECOND HSCV CARTRIDGE! It has been proven many times over. Marzocchi took the second one out of the super t in '04 because they proved it to themselves.
    And I've said this before; if you want to further "improve" your super t, spend $250 and get a stratos Id cartridge. It will be built according to your riding style and body weight. Mine was built to resist brake dive, provide a little platform damping. It allows you to ADD COMPRESSION DAMPING [that's what you want, right?]. You end up with a custom fork built just for you. I am totally pleased with mine. There isn't a fork out there that I would trade for to replace my super t now. P.M. me if you want to know more. I really think you're wasting your time and money with this second cartridge folly.
    ****

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation: 006_007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    9,130
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    There've been a few threads on this in the past, and I'll say the same thing I said before...just send me the $100 you were going to spend on the new HSCV cartridge, you will get the same performance increase.

    I will give him the same performance advantage for only $85. Forward the money to.......


  14. #14
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    Quote Originally Posted by 006_007
    I will give him the same performance advantage for only $85. Forward the money to.......

    It's impossible to get a good internet scam going when other people are muscling in on your territory. It's just like when the newly coloured '05 Shivers were unveiled and there was a rumour that they were only available in Europe, and would cost something like $2300 (it's still funny that people believed that). I offered to fly to Europe to buy a number of these forks (and take a nice vacation while I was at it) and sell people these forks in N.America for $2300. Everyone wins...people who want the new Shiver get it, and I make a massive profit and get a European vacation. Then in came Zedro with his idea to anodize/repaint/resticker '04 Shivers and resell them as '05s.

    I'm telling ya, it's impossible to get a good internet scam going these days! However, I do have a plan to get 25 million dollars American ($25,000,000 American dollars) from a wealthy Nigerian contact who recently passed away with no family. But I'll need someone's bank account...I am willing to split the cash with the person who offers to help me. Please PM me with your bank/credit card information if you are interested.

  15. #15
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I can't believe we go through this same topic every couple of weeks. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE IN ADDING A SECOND HSCV CARTRIDGE! It has been proven many times over. Marzocchi took the second one out of the super t in '04 because they proved it to themselves.
    And I've said this before; if you want to further "improve" your super t, spend $250 and get a stratos Id cartridge. It will be built according to your riding style and body weight. Mine was built to resist brake dive, provide a little platform damping. It allows you to ADD COMPRESSION DAMPING [that's what you want, right?]. You end up with a custom fork built just for you. I am totally pleased with mine. There isn't a fork out there that I would trade for to replace my super t now. P.M. me if you want to know more. I really think you're wasting your time and money with this second cartridge folly.
    good idea, and i've heard the inertia valve thing works too, although i dont know about durability
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  16. #16
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    good idea, and i've heard the inertia valve thing works too, although i dont know about durability
    Don't know what durability issues there may be. The inertia valve is somewhat sensitive to dirty fork oil, which is why stratos is insistent on cleaning out the fork leg to get rid of that oozy aluminum sludge prior to installation. Overall the mechanism is quite stout. I have completely disassembled mine; the quality of the parts is outstanding. Allthough we all seem to like the performance of the marz. hscv cartridge, when you look at it side by side with the stratos, you realize what a piece of sh!t the marz. cartridge is in terms of quality and construction.
    Aside from the inertia valved the Id uses, it also utilizes shim stacks to create the compression and rebound strokes as specified by you when you place your order [no, I don't work for stratos]. I can stand up out of the saddle and pump away at my cranks and the fork does not bob, but as soon as my front wheel recieves an impulse from below it, the fork reacts instantly, seamlessly. Going into a downhill rough section, my fork remains higher in it's travel, saving precious travel for when it's needed most.

    I love marz forks, but they are still primitive in some respects. They are still a massed produced product, that have to be manufactureable for a certain price. The Id cartridge allows you the benefits of modern damping technologies, which have been developed lately in the off-road racing world [like the baja auto races, etc].
    ****

  17. #17
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    well as far as durability, the carts in some of Stratos' forks have been known to have issues at times, although that may be more for their older stuff
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  18. #18
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    Don't know what durability issues there may be. The inertia valve is somewhat sensitive to dirty fork oil, which is why stratos is insistent on cleaning out the fork leg to get rid of that oozy aluminum sludge prior to installation. Overall the mechanism is quite stout. I have completely disassembled mine; the quality of the parts is outstanding. Allthough we all seem to like the performance of the marz. hscv cartridge, when you look at it side by side with the stratos, you realize what a piece of sh!t the marz. cartridge is in terms of quality and construction.
    Aside from the inertia valved the Id uses, it also utilizes shim stacks to create the compression and rebound strokes as specified by you when you place your order [no, I don't work for stratos]. I can stand up out of the saddle and pump away at my cranks and the fork does not bob, but as soon as my front wheel recieves an impulse from below it, the fork reacts instantly, seamlessly. Going into a downhill rough section, my fork remains higher in it's travel, saving precious travel for when it's needed most.

    I love marz forks, but they are still primitive in some respects. They are still a massed produced product, that have to be manufactureable for a certain price. The Id cartridge allows you the benefits of modern damping technologies, which have been developed lately in the off-road racing world [like the baja auto races, etc].
    Hmm.
    Interesting. Sounds like a good addition for knuckleheads like you and me who use the Supa T as a trail fork too.

    Did you install it or did you send it to Stratos?
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  19. #19
    Outcast
    Reputation: Renegade's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    8,589
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    well as far as durability, the carts in some of Stratos' forks have been known to have issues at times, although that may be more for their older stuff
    I've been around long enough in the mtb community to be quite familiar with strato's history. I owned probably the best fork they ever made, the superstar 6.0. I recall that the majority of problems in their past wear leaking seals as opposed to bad cartridges.

    The company that is stratos today bears little resemblance to that one from years ago. They are into the mtb, moto, and offroad racing suspension bussiness these days.

    EIO, I installed mine myself, it's not a big deal, EXCEPT for cleaning out the fork leg. You absolutely positively have to get rid of the old fork oil from the right fork leg, or you will clog up the cartridge. Take it from someone who did just that! How do you think I ended up completely disassembling it?
    Other than that, it's a simple installation. And yes, it is a great upgrade for both dh riding AND all around riding, which is how I use my super t. I am being sincere when I say that I wouldn't trade this fork for any other. Right now, it is as perfect as it can be.
    ****

  20. #20
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I've been around long enough in the mtb community to be quite familiar with strato's history. I owned probably the best fork they ever made, the superstar 6.0. I recall that the majority of problems in their past wear leaking seals as opposed to bad cartridges.
    not talking that far back! some buds had S8's and S7s and both had cart troubles, something about sticky check valves, but yeah now it kinda seemed like a minor problem and not a failiure
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  21. #21
    Xtremely Moderate
    Reputation: e<i>o's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    3,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Renegade
    I've been around long enough in the mtb community to be quite familiar with strato's history. I owned probably the best fork they ever made, the superstar 6.0. I recall that the majority of problems in their past wear leaking seals as opposed to bad cartridges.

    The company that is stratos today bears little resemblance to that one from years ago. They are into the mtb, moto, and offroad racing suspension bussiness these days.
    .
    I ran a Stratos Helix rear shock on my FSR for years and never had a problem. In fact I sent it back to them last year for routine servicing and then stuck it on my wife's GT iDrive.
    Still works like a peach.
    "Korash your enemiez, zee zem driven bevore you, and ear ze lamentation of za vemen"

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    469

    dude....

    all you have to do is sell your 04 in ebay and buy an 03 on cambriabike.com....it's really that simple if you want dual hscv

  23. #23
    Now riding Fox Shox!
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    479
    As said many times before, there isnt any performance increase with a second HSCV cartridge. The SSV is just a dummy that is drilled out and doesnt do anything. The Stratos cartridge is more worthwhile of an upgrade.

  24. #24
    Who pickin the banjo?
    Reputation: menachite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    286
    Want some compression range in your Super T, get an air cap. At least you'll have some bottom-out control.
    I second that. Just got a 2005 Jr-T from Marz with an HSCV cartridge and an air cap on the other leg...super plush and loads of adjustability. Also it weighs quite a bit less than a stock Jr-T.
    "We ought never to look behind us with regret nor ahead with fear, but around us with awareness."

  25. #25
    Former Noob Herder
    Reputation: zedro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,261
    Quote Originally Posted by menachite
    I second that. Just got a 2005 Jr-T from Marz with an HSCV cartridge and an air cap on the other leg...super plush and loads of adjustability. Also it weighs quite a bit less than a stock Jr-T.
    yeah, easy to make too

    http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=37610

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

  26. #26
    surf-ride-repeat
    Reputation: pdirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,491

    search?

    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

    Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
    Search took 4.77 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): HSCV, UPGRADE
    Thread / Thread Starter Last Post Replies Views Forum
    Super T, HSCV upgrade
    BansheeHucker 48 Minutes Ago
    by zedro 24 260 Downhill - Freeride
    05 Stinky Dee / Supreme for freeride
    juice 1 Week Ago
    by juice 2 86 Kona
    Honest Review on Junior T-SSVF
    [email protected] 2 Weeks Ago
    by [email protected] 0 31 Let's Talk About Shocks
    Honest Review on Junior T-SSVF
    [email protected] 2 Weeks Ago
    by BillT 13 312 Downhill - Freeride
    Anyone looking to buy a PIKE: don't buy the RACE model...
    BudhaGoodha 2 Weeks Ago
    by tscheezy 19 1,690 Let's Talk About Shocks
    2003 Kona Stinky Rear Travel?
    Boston Mangler 2 Weeks Ago
    by SHIVER ME TIMBERS 26 294 Downhill - Freeride
    '05 stinky dee-lux and a 5" fork?
    MqtRider 2 Weeks Ago
    by skinnyhippy 18 401 Downhill - Freeride
    Search for "Fatty fork" IS OVER!!! ( 1 2 )
    SMOKEY 3 Weeks Ago
    by Bikezilla 62 1,623 Turner
    Everything you need to know about the PIKE's Motion Control Damping! ( 1 2 3 )
    MicroHuck 3 Weeks Ago
    by uktrailmonster 107 3,993 Let's Talk About Shocks
    Possible to make Marz. Dropoff 2 external rebound?
    MicroHuck 3 Weeks Ago
    by keen 1 77 Let's Talk About Shocks
    Switch from Marz Z1-FR to Z1-FR SL ?
    jbf 3 Weeks Ago
    by Biggidy bRad 13 324 Let's Talk About Shocks
    04 Marzocchi Dropoff 1 150mm vs MARZOCCHI Z150FR
    01stinky5 4 Weeks Ago
    by Raptordude 14 519 Downhill - Freeride
    The scoop on upgrading 04 SuperT to dual HSCV?
    juice 02-07-2005
    by pdirt 26 578 Downhill - Freeride
    Which Marzocchi to Buy? Help Please!!
    murocflyer 02-04-2005
    by tigerdog 19 655 Let's Talk About Shocks
    done!! ( 1 2 )
    bentimby 01-24-2005
    by bentimby 53 1,220 Downhill - Freeride
    HSCV Cartridge for Z150 drop off
    Johnthompson 01-11-2005
    by TNC 2 133 Downhill - Freeride
    Pictures of my new 67 ( 1 2 3 )
    Raptordude 12-30-2004
    by Raptordude 100 3,475 Downhill - Freeride
    Drop off triple?
    bikemansam 12-20-2004
    by haxormachine 19 406 Downhill - Freeride
    Demo 9 First Impressions
    Motoxpro 12-19-2004
    by BJ- 21 805 Downhill - Freeride
    Dual HSCV in Z1FR?
    Severum 12-10-2004
    by [email protected] 4 109 Downhill - Freeride
    Dual HSCV in Z1FR or Marathon S
    Severum 12-10-2004
    by vinny 1 131 Let's Talk About Shocks
    Final Choices ( 1 2 )
    DHbiker 12-01-2004
    by DHbiker 77 2,085 Downhill - Freeride
    888 Vf?
    Red Bull 11-17-2004
    by Red Bull 19 261 Downhill - Freeride
    Which new shock for 04 Enduro SX.
    mathemagician 11-16-2004
    by Wils 18 274 Specialized
    Where can I get a HSCV upgrade for my Jr T?
    KomodoRider 11-05-2004
    by Jm. 3 85 Downhill - Freeride
    Showing results 1 to 25 of 59
    Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,116
    So you're saying you couldn't find anything?

Similar Threads

  1. Put 03 Super T HSCV in 04/05 Jr T???
    By DHR in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2004, 12:02 AM
  2. Where can I get a HSCV upgrade for my Jr T?
    By KomodoRider in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-04-2004, 06:57 PM
  3. Manitiu Black Super Upgrade
    By druidh in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-01-2004, 10:46 AM
  4. Upgrade 2004 Skareb Super to SPV?
    By weasy in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 10-15-2004, 10:03 PM
  5. Travel Upgrade for 01 Super T
    By lars_moelby in forum Shocks and Suspension
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-01-2004, 04:30 PM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.