Super T: '03 vs"04...- Mtbr.com
    Keep on Rockin...

New question here. Super T: '03 vs"04...

I've got the option to get either one but am unable to try them side by side first.

On paper it would seem that the '03 looks nicer. Dual HSCV and cryo fit lower crown (which I'd gues may add a bit of extra stifness). I think the 03 lower crown is a bit heavier though.

The 04 has one HSCV and SSV damper and a bolt on lower.

Any one have any advice on which way to go?

Mike

x post form shocks forum

Hardtail Freak
    I'd go with the 04. The reason the lower crown is bolt-on is because you can change the ride height of the fork a bit, also bolt-on is more reliable than cryo-fit.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Since both years have crappy tire clearence, I would take the 03 for the better damping. I had an 03 Jr.T and didn't mind the cryofit lower crown, actually thought it was a great idea. Other than that not much seperates the two except the dampers and the 03 wins hands down.

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    Since both years have crappy tire clearence, I would take the 03 for the better damping. I had an 03 Jr.T and didn't mind the cryofit lower crown, actually thought it was a great idea. Other than that not much seperates the two except the dampers and the 03 wins hands down.
    Plus, the '03 is shiny.

On the other hand, the '04 doesn't have the annoying QR flap; instead ditching it for a real bolt. `Course, you can get the bolt on parts for the '03.

Also: Teflon ('03) stanchions *seem* smoother than that whaddever you call it black stuff Zokes uses now.

Save yer money, get an '03.

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004
    There was a topic about this not long ago here or on RM - summary of positives:

03': stiffer due to cryofit, dual HSCV (although I have seen no posts about it being better)
    04': better tire clearance, have some adjustability on height/head angle, some like the black look (would match my bike better)

I don't recall any weight specifics, but in this range who cares. I have the 03' - my opinion: don't need the tire clearance; not keen on cryofit if I trash a stantion - have to send it in for new one instead of dealing with it while new stantion shows up, and maybe new seals (due to waiting for new stantion).

You realize I'll trash a stantion on tomorrow's ride . . . now that I mentioned it . . .

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by prerogative
    04': better tire clearance, have some adjustability on height/head angle, some like the black look (would match my bike better)
    Same lowers, same tire clearance. Adjustable crowns are a valid point though... the stanchion replacement is important too. Because I too will likely trash a leg tommorow.

I liked the old *****
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by singletrack
    Same lowers, same tire clearance. Adjustable crowns are a valid point though... the stanchion replacement is important too. Because I too will likely trash a leg tommorow.
    So, if we talk about trashing a leg twice, does it decrease the probability?

Thanks for correction on lowers. I must have mixed it up with one of the many other threads - maybe to 888.

Regards

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by prerogative
    So, if we talk about trashing a leg twice, does it decrease the probability?

Eeek. Knock on machined aluminum, burn an Intense Spider, go ride the Mirror or walk under a ladder bridge. I dunno man, I think we're doomed.