Sub 40 lbs DH bike post- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 78 of 78
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631

    Sub 40 lbs DH bike post

    One more sub-40 DH Bike post, and I'm gonna kick some one in nads! If you don't have the beef to throw around a true DH bike, either hit the gym, or get back on your XC bike and pedal your stick person self back "up hill" with the other pencil-neck ,weight weenies. One good crash and both your sub-40 bike, and your sub-120 pound self will be toast.

    That's allI I've got to say on the subject B***ches!

  2. #2
    Locs on Spokez
    Reputation: Iggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,903
    Why? My dh bike is almost sub 30, what does that mean? Will my bike snap if I fall?

    No, it won't.
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    Why? My dh bike is almost sub 30, what does that mean? Will my bike snap if I fall?

    No, it won't.
    No, but your butt will crack when I plant foot in your grunion! Yes, it will.

  4. #4
    Locs on Spokez
    Reputation: Iggz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    1,903
    Sketchy...
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

  5. #5
    Old Skool Dirt Bag
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    84
    Wtf? You callin me fat?

    Methinks someone has lite-bike envy.

    BTW my DH88 is lighter than your lard ass bike.

    I'll meet ya outside.

  6. #6
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Haha, don't be jealous of our light, strong, well built DH race machines. Light, durable, stiff, who could ask for more.
    Sub 39lbs and haven't had to replace anything but tires in the past year.


    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  7. #7
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    No, but your butt will crack when I plant foot in your grunion! Yes, it will.
    My butt's already cracked... empty threat.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  8. #8
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    One more sub-40 DH Bike post, and I'm gonna kick some one in nads! If you don't have the beef to throw around a true DH bike, either hit the gym, or get back on your XC bike and pedal your stick person self back "up hill" with the other pencil-neck ,weight weenies. One good crash and both your sub-40 bike, and your sub-120 pound self will be toast.

    That's allI I've got to say on the subject B***ches!
    you got something against skinny people who DH?.......thats harsh man

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by DHGnaR
    Haha, don't be jealous of our light, strong, well built DH race machines. Light, durable, stiff, who could ask for more.
    Sub 39lbs and haven't had to replace anything but tires in the past year.


    What'd ya do Brah, sand it down to natural metal to shave it down to 39 lbs!

    Is that the famous SMT "Clutch Drop".....mere sand pebble! No wonder you haven't broken anything if your ridding the same trails as "Bob the Butt Pirate".

  10. #10
    N* Bomber Crew
    Reputation: Raptordude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    4,271
    My bike is 41 lbs and I hit the Gym...so can I get a cookie?
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

  11. #11
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.


    What'd ya do Brah, sand it down to natural metal to shave it down to 39 lbs!

    Is that the famous SMT "Clutch Drop".....mere sand pebble! No wonder you haven't broken anything if your ridding the same trails as "Bob the Butt Pirate".
    No where near Bobs area... chill out "brah," stop trolling. Ride and let ride, who cares what others do.
    Have a good night.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  12. #12
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
    Wtf? You callin me fat?

    Methinks someone has lite-bike envy.

    BTW my DH88 is lighter than your lard ass bike.

    I'll meet ya outside.
    OK, meet me at the bike rack after school!

    No Envy, but methinks peeps who obsess over saving a few grams on a DH bike have "small weenie complex"!

  13. #13
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptordude
    My bike is 41 lbs and I hit the Gym...so can I get a cookie?
    Yes, my son...you get the big hero's cookie with a cherry on top.

  14. #14
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    OK, meet me at the bike rack after school!

    No Envy, but methinks peeps who obsess over saving a few grams on a DH bike have "small weenie complex"!
    So do douche bags who act tough online....
    Why the troll attempt? No friends to fill your Saturday night?
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    you got something against skinny people who DH?.......thats harsh man
    Sorry, didn't mean to break your crayons! Now go out and eat some
    P,B,& J, or a few Big Macs...put some meat on those bones! And quit all that snibblin about your bike being too heavy!

  16. #16
    I could gap that.
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    OK, meet me at the bike rack after school!

    No Envy, but methinks peeps who obsess over saving a few grams on a DH bike have "small weenie complex"!
    "bike rack," really? I would not store my $4k+ dh rig in a bike rack, let alone a bike rack at a school. Even when I go up to the mountains and camp, I keep my Demo in my tent with me
    The girlfriend gets to sleep outside.
    Demo 8
    P1
    http://www.chainsmokeracing.net/
    Sponsors: Twenty6, ODI, Elka, Crank Bros, Sixsixone, Azonic, Specialized

  17. #17
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    <a href="https://www.forumammo.com"><img src="https://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/Attention/Attention-Caution.jpg" /> </a>
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  18. #18
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Sorry, didn't mean to break your crayons! Now go out and eat some
    P,B,& J, or a few Big Macs...put some meat on those bones! And quit all that snibblin about your bike being too heavy!

    pardon me sir...but i never complained about my bikes weight....i can throw it around just fine and have never been able to put meat on my bones...just gotta wait till i get old and fat to start complaining about people with light bikes....
    the bullit weighs in at around 42lb43lbs ish not even gonna bring the other bike into the conversation that would just be bad

  19. #19
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Sorry, didn't mean to break your crayons! Now go out and eat some
    P,B,& J, or a few Big Macs...put some meat on those bones! And quit all that snibblin about your bike being too heavy!
    People like you are the reason I'm pro choice. I think someone should come to your house and take all the safety labels off things so this little problem will rectify itself shortly.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  20. #20
    I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    Reputation: Cabdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    306
    Whoa, for a second I thought typed "pinkbike" in the url box.
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

    CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

  21. #21
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    People like you are the reason I'm pro choice. I think someone should come to your house and take all the safety labels off things so this little problem will rectify itself shortly.
    Who reads those labels anyway?

  22. #22
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabdoctor
    Whoa, for a second I thought typed "pinkbike" in the url box.
    And you just made me laugh my ass off. I have bruised ribs so naturally I hate you. Well played sir.



    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Who reads those labels anyway?
    I'm so glad you said that. Now I don't have to worry about you breeding.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  23. #23
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    pardon me sir...but i never complained about my bikes weight....i can throw it around just fine and have never been able to put meat on my bones...just gotta wait till i get old and fat to start complaining about people with light bikes....
    the bullit weighs in at around 42lb43lbs ish not even gonna bring the other bike into the conversation that would just be bad
    Right-on,
    you get a Hero's cookie with Cherry on top as well!

  24. #24
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    One more sub-40 DH Bike post, and I'm gonna kick some one in nads! If you don't have the beef to throw around a true DH bike, either hit the gym, or get back on your XC bike and pedal your stick person self back "up hill" with the other pencil-neck ,weight weenies. One good crash and both your sub-40 bike, and your sub-120 pound self will be toast.

    That's allI I've got to say on the subject B***ches!
    <a href="https://www.forumammo.com"><img src="https://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/Trolling.jpg" /> </a>
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  25. #25
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    <a href="https://www.forumammo.com"><img src="https://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/Trolling.jpg" /> </a>
    Yea, looks like you have a lot going on as well. 2nd reply and with pics. Your a real busy guy! No worries, who want's to get out in this crappy weather anyway.

  26. #26
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    Dear Tim F.

    thankyou for making me laugh. i feel like there are too many people who take everything too seriously in this world.
    we need more people like you on here

    have a nice day/night/whatever

  27. #27
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy
    <a href="https://www.forumammo.com"><img src="https://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/Trolling.jpg" /> </a>
    Ya know, the worst part about this thread and him is that he's not even making me offended or angry. I just kinda feel bad for him....
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  28. #28
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    i do kinda see where hes coming from with the no more under 40 lb bike posts....its like

    HEY
    I CAN PEE FARTHER THAN YOU!!!!YOU SUCK

    over and over and over again except instead of pee its my bike weighs.24 grams less than your bike Big Effing deal...arent these suppose to go down hill? and doesnt weight help a bit when going down?
    maybe im outa bounds here.....

  29. #29
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    73
    tell me how you really feel. dont hold back were all friends here and we can talk it out and be friends. promise

  30. #30
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    112
    i was actually hoping to see what some people where doing for their bikes and turns out its just a bunch poo flinging

  31. #31
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    poo flinging at its finest...plus a bunch of people with nothing better to do with their times other than post on forums.....

  32. #32
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    Ya know, the worst part about this thread and him is that he's not even making me offended or angry. I just kinda feel bad for him....
    I'm sorry was I sopposed to offend you or make you angry? How about in response to "not reproducing", what if I replied "bettter check with your sister. The Dr. called and left a memo that the rabbit died". But I won't stoop to your level. And don't worry I'm not seeking your simphathy.

    Not out to flame anyone, like some of you who have nothing better to do than make others feel bad. It's all in good humor, too bad some of you missed the boat.

  33. #33
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    I'm sorry was I sopposed to offend you or make you angry? How about in response to "not reproducing", what if I replied "bettter check with your sister. The Dr. called and left a memo that the rabbit died". But I won't stoop to your level. And don't worry I'm not seeking your simphathy.

    Not out to flame anyone, like some of you who have nothing better to do than make others feel bad. It's all in good humor, too bad some of you missed the boat.
    Aren't you just adorable? The initial post was a rant against some threads that some people post. An insult if you will. Insults are meant to offend people. So basically, and I'll explain this as clearly as I can so you can attempt to fathom the logic behind it, if you post something such as an insult geared towards a group of people it will "offend" them. Say it with me ok? "Offend." Ok now that we got that out of the way... Your other insult (remember insults are meant to offend people ok?) about my sister had no logical cohesion to what I said by any sense of the term. Lastly, I'm proud of you for admitting your not seeking my "simpathy" because I don't give out "simpathy" but instead only provide sympathy. I'm also flattered that you would apparently stoop to my level and try to insult my sister while not stooping to my level. Oh wait...

    You're just oodles of fun wrapped up in a big ball of stupid. Haven't met a troll like you in years. You're actually doing pretty good, and I 100% honest to god mean that.

    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    poo flinging at its finest...plus a bunch of people with nothing better to do with their times other than post on forums.....
    I won't bother pointing out the hypocrisy here....I think you can spot it.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  34. #34
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by mfreak
    tell me how you really feel. dont hold back were all friends here and we can talk it out and be friends. promise

    I feel like my tummies about to explode. I think I need to go poop! Oh-no, I think just ate a whole bar of exlax chocolate laxative...looks just like the Hershey bar I saved for later....Damn I should really start reading those safety labels! Ooooppps, just splattered poop all over the place.

  35. #35
    I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    Reputation: Cabdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    306
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

    CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

  36. #36
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  37. #37
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    [QUOTE=cyrix]Aren't you just adorable? The initial post was a rant against some threads that some people post. An insult if you will. Insults are meant to offend people. So basically, and I'll explain this as clearly as I can so you can attempt to fathom the logic behind it, if you post something such as an insult geared towards a group of people it will "offend" them. Say it with me ok? "Offend." Ok now that we got that out of the way... Your other insult (remember insults are meant to offend people ok?) about my sister had no logical cohesion to what I said by any sense of the term. Lastly, I'm proud of you for admitting your not seeking my "simpathy" because I don't give out "simpathy" but instead only provide sympathy. I'm also flattered that you would apparently stoop to my level and try to insult my sister while not stooping to my level. Oh wait...

    You're just oodles of fun wrapped up in a big ball of stupid. Haven't met a troll like you in years. You're actually doing pretty good, and I 100% honest to god mean that.


    Wow, your one angry dude. Most people saw the humor in the inial post, sorry you missed it. If you get offended so easily maybe you should seek out some one to talk too, or even profesional help. Don't bother replying back, go to bed, sleep it off. Go out and ride and blow off some steam, you have alot off pent up frustration. Sorry your having such a bad time. Would you like a Hero's cookie as well? (laugh fool, don't be such a grumpy little...). Any way have a good night, I hope you feel better in the morning.

  38. #38
    Old Skool Dirt Bag
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    84
    On another note...

    Does anyone know if a TI spring will get my stock 88DH under 36 pds?

    How much weight will I save if I strip off the annodizing off the frame?

    Can I safely remove the rear brake off the bike to lighten it, never use the damn thing anyway...might skid and damage a trail!

    If I trim all the knobs off the center of the tires and run them with Stans will I lose traction? Conversely can I run 1.8 XC tires on my new weenie carbon rims and still make it down the hill?

    My pen!s and ba!!s are constantly getting in the way if I case a jump and hammer the seat, what is the proper method to remove these useless body parts? How much weight will I save?

    Are cork grips ok to use when downhilling?

    Have a nice day!

  39. #39
    I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    Reputation: Cabdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    306
    I think we all need a group hug

    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

    CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

  40. #40
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Wow, your one angry dude. Most people saw the humor in the inial post, sorry you missed it. If you get offended so easily maybe you should seek out some one to talk too, or even profesional help. Don't bother replying back, go to bed, sleep it off. Go out and ride and blow off some steam, you have alot off pent up frustration. Sorry your having such a bad time. Would you like a Hero's cookie as well? (laugh fool, don't be such a grumpy little...). Any way have a good night, I hope you feel better in the morning.
    LoL. I'm not angry at all. When I said I was being 100% honest about you being a decent troll I mean it, they are few and far inbetween. Plus...I mean feeding trolls only drags on the whole bit thus ensuring more lulz are had in the end. My explaining something doesn't mean I'm angry. Maybe a little condescending, but I'm always like that trust me. I'm on 50mg vicodins due to my ribs I effed up, trust me, it's impossible for me to be angry right now. You could kick me in the junk and I'd just laugh. Relax sport, you're taking me far too seriously. I'm not being serious at all. Consider me a part of the game. I mean you obviously understand trolling so I figured you'd understand the generic responses I posted.

    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  41. #41
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by CdaleProph6
    Dear Tim F.

    thankyou for making me laugh. i feel like there are too many people who take everything too seriously in this world.
    we need more people like you on here

    have a nice day/night/whatever
    Thanks. Didn't mean to offend anyone, just trying to have a little fun on a rainy night. Some people just look for reasons to take offfense at what ever crosses their path. Too bad they have to Pee on every one elses parade.

  42. #42
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    [QUOTE=4 Jaw Chuck]On another note...

    Does anyone know if a TI spring will get my stock 88DH under 36 pds?

    How much weight will I save if I strip off the annodizing off the frame?

    Can I safely remove the rear brake off the bike to lighten it, never use the damn thing anyway...might skid and damage a trail!

    If I trim all the knobs off the center of the tires and run them with Stans will I lose traction? Conversely can I run 1.8 XC tires on my new weenie carbon rims and still make it down the hill?

    My pen!s and ba!!s are constantly getting in the way if I case a jump and hammer the seat, what is the proper method to remove these useless body parts? How much weight will I save?

    Are cork grips ok to use when downhilling?

    Have a nice day![/QUOTE

    Sorry theres no "smiles" for nad kickin, so this will have to do

  43. #43
    I'M A CHEAPSKATE
    Reputation: Cabdoctor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    306
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Sorry theres no "smiles" for nad kickin
    THEN FIRE THE WHOLE IT CREW BECAUSE THEY HAVE FAILED!
    dowst: Got a little cavalier with good old eBay did we?

    CABDOCTOR, now available with more flava than Kool-Aid

  44. #44
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    [QUOTE=Tim F.]
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Jaw Chuck
    On another note...

    Does anyone know if a TI spring will get my stock 88DH under 36 pds?

    How much weight will I save if I strip off the annodizing off the frame?

    Can I safely remove the rear brake off the bike to lighten it, never use the damn thing anyway...might skid and damage a trail!

    If I trim all the knobs off the center of the tires and run them with Stans will I lose traction? Conversely can I run 1.8 XC tires on my new weenie carbon rims and still make it down the hill?

    My pen!s and ba!!s are constantly getting in the way if I case a jump and hammer the seat, what is the proper method to remove these useless body parts? How much weight will I save?

    Are cork grips ok to use when downhilling?

    Have a nice day![/QUOTE

    Sorry theres no "smiles" for nad kickin, so this will have to do
    This should work:
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  45. #45
    I can ride a two-wheeler
    Reputation: thomasmunka63@hotmail.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    647
    fail
    Attached Images Attached Images

  46. #46
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected]
    fail
    Why hello /b/rother

    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  47. #47
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    LoL. I'm not angry at all. When I said I was being 100% honest about you being a decent troll I mean it, they are few and far inbetween. Plus...I mean feeding trolls only drags on the whole bit thus ensuring more lulz are had in the end. My explaining something doesn't mean I'm angry. Maybe a little condescending, but I'm always like that trust me. I'm on 50mg vicodins due to my ribs I effed up, trust me, it's impossible for me to be angry right now. You could kick me in the junk and I'd just laugh. Relax sport, you're taking me far too seriously. I'm not being serious at all. Consider me a part of the game. I mean you obviously understand trolling so I figured you'd understand the generic responses I posted.

    Holy sheit, your not angry, your just "f"ed up and in some serious pain. Nothing worse than being "F"ed up and being in too much pain to enjoy it. I was in the hospital once and they gave me morphine for the pain...didn't help any but I eventually passed out. Not exactly a warm and fuzzy feeling. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the the last thing you need to worry about now is shaving a few grams off your bike,

    WTF did you do to break your ribs anyway? And don't tell me you went over the bars because your bike is too light, cause then I WILL have to kick you in the nads!

  48. #48
    mtbr member
    Reputation: cyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Holy sheit, your not angry, your just "f"ed up and in some serious pain. Nothing worse than being "F"ed up and being in too much pain to enjoy it. I was in the hospital once and they gave me morphine for the pain...didn't help any but I eventually passed out. Not exactly a warm and fuzzy feeling. Don't mean to burst your bubble, but the the last thing you need to worry about now is shaving a few grams off your bike,

    WTF did you do to break your ribs anyway? And don't tell me you went over the bars because your bike is too light, cause then I WILL have to kick you in the nads!
    I didn't break them, I bruised them because when I went to lift up my bike I thought it would be heavier than it really was and it resulted in a fast jerking motion of my upper torso causing me to fall backwards down some stairs. If I had a brick tied to my bike I would have been ok. But....god just felt I needed to learn a lesson.
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

  49. #49
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    I didn't break them, I bruised them because when I went to lift up my bike I thought it would be heavier than it really was and it resulted in a fast jerking motion of my upper torso causing me to fall backwards down some stairs. If I had a brick tied to my bike I would have been ok. But....god just felt I needed to learn a lesson.
    Fell backwards down some stairs? Didn't your momma tell you its not safe to ride your bike in the house. If the fall down the stairs didn't bruise them, I'm sure your wife's azz kickin did.

  50. #50
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bxxer rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,411
    sub 40, i didnt even try it just happened. my bike

    but i think the phrase "to each his own" should be used about now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

  51. #51
    VIP
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    206
    Calm down fatty, you'll hurt yourself.

  52. #52
    The Other Dude
    Reputation: jut8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,080
    wow, this thread just needs to die....This guy is just jealous, or has way more issues than we can even imagine.
    Sponsors: Specialized, Honey Stinger, The Hive, Twenty6, 661, Elka Suspension, www.Chainsmokeracing.net

  53. #53
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,445
    Quote Originally Posted by jut8
    wow, this thread just needs to die....This guy is just jealous, or has way more issues than we can even imagine.
    I assume you just didn't read the thread and catch on to the whole "joke" part. Might want to try that next time.

    Anyway, thats absolutely rad if its true, dude starts a "make fun of light DH bikes" thread and another dude informs us he fycked up his ribs lifting his too light DH bike expecting it to be a manly bike and fell backwards down some stairs.

    Awesome

  54. #54
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by ilikemybike011
    Why? My dh bike is almost sub 30, what does that mean? Will my bike snap if I fall?

    No, it won't.
    if your "dh" bike is almost sub 30 lbs, I highly doubt it's a dh bike.

  55. #55
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    <a href="http://www.forumammo.com"><img src="http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/Upload/thread%20sucks/Thread-Crap-Graph.jpg" /> </a>
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  56. #56
    THELAND photographer
    Reputation: CdaleProph6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    460
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix



    I won't bother pointing out the hypocrisy here....I think you can spot it.

    thats what i was getting at

  57. #57
    Now with More Wood
    Reputation: Iceman2058's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,964
    [QUOTE=cyrix]
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.

    This should work:
    Saved...thanks...

  58. #58
    mtbr member
    Reputation: bxxer rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,411
    im not sure where that came from, im not angry or any thing i was just adding to the thread.

    and im not that fat or any thing, so don't know where that came from either
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

  59. #59
    Slap happy crappiness
    Reputation: DHgnaR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    1,090
    I just got a beard hair in my quesorito... bummer.
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

  60. #60
    Now with More Wood
    Reputation: Iceman2058's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    2,964
    Quote Originally Posted by DHGnaR
    I just got a beard hair in my quesorito... bummer.
    Are you sure it's a beard hair???
    Attached Images Attached Images

  61. #61
    Living Ghetto Fabulous!
    Reputation: Uncle Cliffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    3,746
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman2058
    Are you sure it's a beard hair???
    AAARRGG! DO NOT WANT!
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    The internet sounds like a tough place to ride.

  62. #62
    mtbr member
    Reputation: Broccoli's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    5,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    on your XC bike and pedal your stick person self back "up hill" with the other pencil-neck ,weight weenies. :
    You are a pencil-brain poser.

  63. #63
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    lose some weight tim
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  64. #64
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    lose some weight tim
    I'm less than 20% bodyfat, 224 lbs. how much more weight do I have to loose. If I loose too much, I won't be able to power-slide through your berms in so-cal, that you worked so hard on.

  65. #65
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    HAHAHAHA... Tim, dude... this post cracked me up!
    Meh.

  66. #66
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by Prettym1k3
    HAHAHAHA... Tim, dude... this post cracked me up!
    Should have gone to Church that night! It's all Greggs fault, twisted my arm, and made me skip outa work early to ride in Pacifica (before the rain). I fell like such a Heathen!

    Yor bike togather yet? you could allways be designated shuttle driver till then!

  67. #67
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.


    What'd ya do Brah, sand it down to natural metal to shave it down to 39 lbs!

    Is that the famous SMT "Clutch Drop".....mere sand pebble! No wonder you haven't broken anything if your ridding the same trails as "Bob the Butt Pirate".

    different trail...that is in switzerland


    only u I butt pirate
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  68. #68
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    I'm less than 20% bodyfat, 224 lbs. how much more weight do I have to loose. If I loose too much, I won't be able to power-slide through your berms in so-cal, that you worked so hard on.
    I have seen you...no way less then 20% body fat at 224 you pee wee......I am 6 feet 1 inch and weigh 192 and body fat is 19.5 (lost 15 since I have seen you)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  69. #69
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Well dip my balls in sweet cream and squat me in a room full of kittens.


    I have no idea what's going on, but to make you feel grumpy Tim my Demo is at 39.2 pounds. I am so freaked out by the fact that it doesn't weigh 39 pounds that I'm going to resort to punching out speed holes in the frame.

  70. #70
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    different trail...that is in switzerland


    only u I butt pirate
    Didn't notice the knee high socks and plaid skirt, and he doesn't seem like the type to suck down some german sausage....oh, I get it, your trail was in Switzerland. Makes sense now. Now I know why you like Becks...goes good with German Sausage.

  71. #71
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Well dip my balls in sweet cream and squat me in a room full of kittens.


    I have no idea what's going on, but to make you feel grumpy Tim my Demo is at 39.2 pounds. I am so freaked out by the fact that it doesn't weigh 39 pounds that I'm going to resort to punching out speed holes in the frame.

    Try measuring it with both wheels off the ground next time.

    Also, If you drill holes in your frame it won't be as areo-dynamical. Try drilling holes in your fork legs instead,

  72. #72
    mtbr member
    Reputation: his dudeness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Try measuring it with both wheels off the ground next time.

    Also, If you drill holes in your frame it won't be as areo-dynamical. Try drilling holes in your fork legs instead,

    Oh no, the speed holes allow air to pass through and generate the "whoosh" which as we all know makes you go exponentially faster

  73. #73
    Capricious youth...
    Reputation: Prettym1k3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,814
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    Should have gone to Church that night! It's all Greggs fault, twisted my arm, and made me skip outa work early to ride in Pacifica (before the rain). I fell like such a Heathen!

    Yor bike togather yet? you could allways be designated shuttle driver till then!
    *sigh* Brakes should be here Wednesday. Frame? Who knows... I've been tracking it online ten times a day. It left Poland on the 18th. That's all I know.

    Well, I know more than that... but that's all I know about the bike.

    J/k. That's all I know about anything.

    Stupid SJSU education.
    Meh.

  74. #74
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    I have seen you...no way less then 20% body fat at 224 you pee wee......I am 6 feet 1 inch and weigh 192 and body fat is 19.5 (lost 15 since I have seen you)
    6-1? No way, I'm 5-10, and i know I'm taller than you, unless you grew an affrow!
    Ain't now way your spleen weighed 15 pounds? They must have removed 15 pounds of shyte from collon when you were out.

  75. #75
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,631
    Quote Originally Posted by his dudeness
    Oh no, the speed holes allow air to pass through and generate the "whoosh" which as we all know makes you go exponentially faster
    No, no "whoosh" is the sound of gass passing through a reamed out spinctor muscle. I'd rather make that "Brraattt" sound. Sounds more man-ly.

  76. #76
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    6-1? No way, I'm 5-10, and i know I'm taller than you, unless you grew an affrow!
    Ain't now way your spleen weighed 15 pounds? They must have removed 15 pounds of shyte from collon when you were out.
    you funny.....you a midget next to me
    ,...I thought you were 5'9" or so...but it is hard to tell when you were going over the bars and most of the time on your knees......you do have a lot of hair on the top of your head....wink wink
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  77. #77
    P-51 Crew Chief #38
    Reputation: dhtahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    603
    Quote Originally Posted by cyrix
    People like you are the reason I'm pro choice. I think someone should come to your house and take all the safety labels off things so this little problem will rectify itself shortly.
    This is the type of guy that makes me wish abortion was retroactive
    Balls to the wall until you see god. Turn Left!

  78. #78
    EastBaySteez
    Reputation: Freerydejunky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,726
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim F.
    One good crash and both your sub-40 bike, and your sub-120 pound self will be toast.
    I take offense to that.

    I am 18 years old and am sub 120lbs. I find that I bounce rather nicely. Compared to my heavier riding partners who when come face to face with the ground F themselves up.

    Its like dropping a bowling ball and a basket ball. Which one bounces? Which one makes a hole in the floor?
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.