stupid question but whatev- Mtbr.com
    soviet pride

New question here. stupid question but whatev

how do u get a one of those icons or pitures under your user name when u post messages.
    thanks, andre

I wanna talk to Samson!
    the search function is pretty cool...

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    1) Click on my account upper left of screen next to calendar, memebers list, etc.
    2) Edit Avitar
    3) Select Use Custom Avatar. And either link it from a site or upload your own.

Just be sure it's no larger than 80 x 80 pixels.

Good luck.

Trials Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    the search function is pretty cool...
    your a freaking idiot.
    Please purchase products from JensonUSA your #1 Internet Dealer for MTB parts!

AS SEEN ON THE X-GAMES and GRAVITY GAMES! How would you like to go 80 MPH on a bike 4 inches from the ground? Well you can learn how at GravityBike.com the home for BMX Speed Machines!

2004-2005 Sponsors
    Maxxis Tires
    Targert Sponsor
    Azonic
    Hayes

soviet pride
    Quote Originally Posted by red5
    1) Click on my account upper left of screen next to calendar, memebers list, etc.
    2) Edit Avitar

Good luck.
    thanks alot

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by RigidOne
    your a freaking idiot.
    I am? Wouldn't the incompetent one be considered an 'idiot.'

There have been many threads on this, its been beat to death over the course of the year. And really its not that hard once you actually try and read through stuff.

As I said, the search function can be a useful tool. Here's a thread that's still active about the same topic: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=avatar

EDIT: weird, the computer turned all my apostrophes into question marks
    Last edited by konabiker; 12-22-2004 at 05:26 PM.

WHAT HAS SCIENCE DONE!?!
    2) Edit Avitar

Good luck.
    Yes, but where do you find your collection of the most offensive avatars ever? Don't get me wrong here though, I wholeheartedly support the practice...people need to be offended.
    --Tod

"I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's law; I merely enforce it."

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    your a freaking idiot.
    Actually, if we want to be technically correct - I believe that would be "you're a freaking idiot". If your going call someone an idiot, try to get it right

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Skygrounder
    Yes, but where do you find your collection of the most offensive avatars ever? Don't get me wrong here though, I wholeheartedly support the practice...people need to be offended.
    Ancient chinese secret?

Seriously, though I find most of them by mishap. Because of my job I have the pleasure to spend allot of my day surfing the internet and I usually just happen upon them. Though honestly I really should try to reigh it in sometimes, I do have a habit of sometimes getting carried away, which I'm working on. Mmmmm.....Paxil!!!

However, I will say my recent masterpiece was due to a Google search for Santa or Satan Clause. It was really quite funny some of the BS I found and how people try to find comparisons between the two fictional characters. Yep, that's right kids Santa isn't really. At least not anymore than Satan is.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Yep, that's right kids Santa isn't really. At least not anymore than Satan is.
    Santa isn't real?!>!111!
    you just ruined my childhood.

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    I am? Wouldn't the incompetent one be considered an 'idiot.'

There have been many threads on this, its been beat to death over the course of the year. And really its not that hard once you actually try and read through stuff.

As I said, the search function can be a useful tool. Here's a thread that's still active about the same topic: http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...ghlight=avatar

EDIT: weird, the computer turned all my apostrophes into question marks
    First let me say I'm not attacking anyone here so, please no one take offense.

I wouldn't say either of you are idiots and also wouldn;t say the original poster was incompetent. Try to remember the first time you used a message board, I know I remember my first days on here and it was quite the experience, they can be quite confusing at first.

No harm no foul, everyone got what they needed. He found out how to post an Avatar and you got to vent a little frustration on a newb.

TNC
    noMAD man

But Red...

2) Edit Avitar

Good luck.
    What's the best way to attain the 80 X 80 pixel requirement? I shoot my pictures on my camera in a pixel mode that MTBR requires, but do y'all use a program or something to diminish pixel count or do you just crop out something? This is the area that I haven't spent enough time on to get it down. My computer and even printer has all kinds of digital photo power...I just don't know how to use it. It's limiting the pixel count for an avitar that I have seen no instruction for.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    What's the best way to attain the 80 X 80 pixel requirement? I shoot my pictures on my camera in a pixel mode that MTBR requires, but do y'all use a program or something to diminish pixel count or do you just crop out something? This is the area that I haven't spent enough time on to get it down. My computer and even printer has all kinds of digital photo power...I just don't know how to use it. It's limiting the pixel count for an avitar that I have seen no instruction for.
    you can resize stuff in MS paint. its pretty easy really. theres an online tutorial on how to do it floating around somewhere...

DOWNHILL MAFIA

..expectations..

You know that we're all gonna be expectin' you to have a bad ass avatar now, ilike.
    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

Chillin the Most
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by TNC
    As konabiker pointed out you can use Microsoft Paint or pretty much any other photo editing software. Personally, I use Microsoft PhotoDraw. I just crop if needed and then resize using pixels as my choice of measurement. Most software will allow you to select from several different forms of measurement such as inches, Pixels, cm, mm, etc to resize.

Disco-Superfly
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch_Surfer
    Actually, if we want to be technically correct - I believe that would be "you're a freaking idiot". If your going call someone an idiot, try to get it right
    Uh, where's the capital?
    Jake
    Yeti 303 WC 25th

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Moody
    Didn't you read the sticker on that shock? It said not to do whatever you did.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by j_a_k_e_69@hotmail.com
    Uh, where's the capital?
    it is where that big ol fashioned dome building is
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch_Surfer
    If you insist on pointing out somebody's grammatical errors, try not to make exactly the same mistake 5 words later. It kind of takes away from your point.