Stupid question for 2005 888RC owners...- Mtbr.com
    Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005

Stupid question for 2005 888RC owners...

This is gonna seem stupid to you,but I was scoping pics of the 2005 888RC,and I didn`t see a knob on the top of the legs for rebound adjustment.The Marzocchi site says there is a 30 click external compression adjustment,but it does not say anything about an external rebound adjustment.Where`s the rebound adjust?(I haven`t got my fork yet so I can`t look at it.)

Schmeow Productions
    Quote Originally Posted by [SBF]SaSQuATCH
    This is gonna seem stupid to you,but I was scoping pics of the 2005 888RC,and I didn`t see a knob on the top of the legs for rebound adjustment.The Marzocchi site says there is a 30 click external compression adjustment,but it does not say anything about an external rebound adjustment.Where`s the rebound adjust?(I haven`t got my fork yet so I can`t look at it.)
    on the right leg.

i was tooling around on an rmx r3 that my lbs got in today. thing is pretty sweet, but really heavy!

Knolly Bikes for life!!!
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    on the right leg.

i was tooling around on an rmx r3 that my lbs got in today. thing is pretty sweet, but really heavy!
    Oh.Well then where`s the compression knob?The left leg?The pic on Marzocchi`s site only shows one knob(right leg)

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by [SBF]SaSQuATCH
    Oh.Well then where`s the compression knob?The left leg?The pic on Marzocchi`s site only shows one knob(right leg)

I have an equally stupid question about my 888. Which should probably be addressed to Zokie but ohh well...When I upped the oil level in my fork I decided to check the bottom bolts for leakage and make sure they were tight. So I throw the ratchet on and "ever so lightly" torque one side down. Seemed pretty tight. When I checked the other side it kinda spins freely and never really tightened up. No oil leak but I was a little concerned. Anyone know whatsup with this?? Or should I be concerned??
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by VooDoo13
    I have an equally stupid question about my 888. Which should probably be addressed to Zokie but ohh well...When I upped the oil level in my fork I decided to check the bottom bolts for leakage and make sure they were tight. So I throw the ratchet on and "ever so lightly" torque one side down. Seemed pretty tight. When I checked the other side it kinda spins freely and never really tightened up. No oil leak but I was a little concerned. Anyone know whatsup with this?? Or should I be concerned??
    They all do that. It's the cartridge spinning on the inside. Turn the fork upside down and push down by applying pressure, then the cartride will not spin easily. Tighten the nut on the bottom as you're doing this.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by TWISTED
    They all do that. It's the cartridge spinning on the inside. Turn the fork upside down and push down by applying pressure, then the cartride will not spin easily. Tighten the nut on the bottom as you're doing this.
    Right on...thanks for the info bro!
    You have bleed with Wallace.....now bleed with me!