stripted screw in drod outs-help- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Apr 2005

stripted screw in drod outs-help

ok so the other day i went on an urban and got a flat front tire on my way home. well last night i went to put a new tube in. but when i went to take off the screw that tightens the drop outs around the 20mm axle, one of the screws is stripted and i can not get it out, so is there any way to get it out

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    ok so the other day i went on an urban and got a flat front tire on my way home. well last night i went to put a new tube in. but when i went to take off the screw that tightens the drop outs around the 20mm axle, one of the screws is stripted and i can not get it out, so is there any way to get it out
    Go to Sears, they have this tool called an EZ-Out or something like that. It's like a drill bit that bites into the bolt and then pulls it out. Is it just the bolt head that's stripped? Or are the threads gone?

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    ok thanks, it is just the head of it.

Glad to Be Alive
    yep ez out...take your time
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

banned
    I had to EZ out a bolt on a Chris King hub.... I swear, it took my dad and I over an hour. The head is soft as butter... but the bolt itself beyond the head is CRAZY HARD.

ride hard take risks
    Dont break the EZ out in the bolt, its made ov very hard steel so if you torque it it'll snap.

Members who have read this thread: 0