stinky six or bullit- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2008

stinky six or bullit

i have a fuel ex 8 but am getting into more freeriding and downhill. i went to the lbs and looked at a stinky six for 1800 and a bullit with a dhx3 and a domain318 for 2000 both new do any of you ride those bikes an what types of riding is either better for.

squish is good
    They are both relatively similar to each other. I'd probably go for the Stinky but I'd need to know more about the general parts spec for either frame. You could pretty much eeney-meeney-miney-mo it and come out with a great bike though.
    Bike good, work bad.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    the stinky six is mostly deore components with stroker trail brakes seven inch rotors the bullit has hayes nine brakes and LX and XT components the stinky weighs 39 pounds and the bullit is 41 is there much difference in riding between six and seven inches of travel?

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    I would go with the bullit. Mine has been great. I haven't rode the kona but I have a friend who is on his third frame

N* Bomber Crew
    $2,000 bucks for a Bullit or Stinky is a bit much. You can easily find a used one for $1,000 with the same or better build. Considering those bikes are built to take a beating buying used is going to be the best way to go.
    Northstar 2008 Riding Crew

Glad to Be Alive
    for your first DH bike I would buy used...anywhere from 600 to 1200
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Rollin' a fatty Moderator
    My son is happy with his Bullit, go with an used one and beat the hell out of it.

mtbr member
    I bought a used Bullit for $700 in the dead of winter. Insane price for a bike I can beat the hell out of.

mtbr member
    Oct 2008
    are the old bullits seven inches of travel?

THELAND photographer
    bullit
    new
    sweet bike
    No matter what you do, go ahead and take the chance and live a bit crazy
    www.freeridepark.com
    Http://jah9417.cias.rit.edu

mtbr member
    Go with the Bullit. I use mine for freeride and DH (although I have a Boxxer on the front). As to your other question, I don't think the earlier generation Bullits have 7 inches. If you go used, don't go back more than a couple of years when they relaunched the line.

d6s
    mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    I ride a 2009 Stinky six.
    It is the successor of the 2007 Coiler, very simple and reliable and you can climb with it.
    Have'nt got on a Bullit though.

mtbr member
    Apr 2007
    I have an 08 bullit that I use for downhill and freeride. I run mine pretty small (medium) and setup light around 37lbs. Really fun jumpy bike more than enough suspension to handle anything I can find. It is also seems to be pretty torsionally stiff (hasnt come loose in a year now). I have a dhx air and a totem on mine.

if you are looking to ride XC 7 inches is a little much. My bike climbs just fine, but it is no fun on the xc trails where I live.

it doesnt seem like those stinky sixes (with the stock build) would stand up too much DH riding. In my opinion the extra money and the extra weight you are taking on with the bullit would make it a much stronger bike.

Members who have read this thread: 0