Stiffness - Pike vs 2002 Super T- Mtbr.com
    Motion activated

Stiffness - Pike vs 2002 Super T

I know these fork are designed for two different applications, but as far a stiffness goes is the Pike in the same ball park? The Super T is a DC fork, but it has 30mm stanchions vrs the pikes 32. For that matter, can anyone even remember back to 2002.....
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    I know these fork are designed for two different applications, but as far a stiffness goes is the Pike in the same ball park? The Super T is a DC fork, but it has 30mm stanchions vrs the pikes 32. For that matter, can anyone even remember back to 2002.....

the pike can be set extremely stiff. with the compression adjustment you can make it completely locked out if you want. my pike sl is what i use for DJ and it is extremely stiff, they are very versital and adjustable. the motion control dampening feels great riding it as well.

Meh.
    He's talking about torsional and lateral rigidity not the plushness of the travel. Yes, the Pike is very stiff, I don't konw about the 2002 Super T, but the Pike is still plenty stiff.

Motion activated
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    He's talking about torsional and lateral rigidity not the plushness of the travel. Yes, the Pike is very stiff, I don't konw about the 2002 Super T, but the Pike is still plenty stiff.
    Yup, that's what I was asking. I've heard that the pike is considered pretty stiff, but wondered if anyone had owned both and could compare the stiffness.
    Happiness is a warm 2 stroke.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve71
    Yup, that's what I was asking. I've heard that the pike is considered pretty stiff, but wondered if anyone had owned both and could compare the stiffness.

mm ok i didn't even think about that. should of known since you were comparing it to a DC fork

Now with flavor!!
    I've had a 2002 super t since well.....2002. It's not on any of my bikes right now but I keep it as a backup.

It wouldn't suprise me if the pike was stiffer.

The super t is actually very stiff laterally and steers quite well through chop. Hauling as$ through a bunch of rocks in a straighline, you can kind of watch the front wheel go under your bike.

Haven't messed around with a pike much but I was pretty impressed with the one a buddy has on his dj bike.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Members who have read this thread: 0