Sticky Fork Travel- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Sticky Fork Travel

My new 888 RV is sticky and its hard to initiate the first couple inches of travel, but I figure thats cause its new and the seals need to break in. You guys know any method to speed up the break-in process? Maybe some type of lube or spray? I've heard of that finish line stuff, but I don't have the time to order something online if its not available at my lbs. I've also heard the suggestion of putting the bike upside down to "quench" the stanchions, alowing the oil to run up and down. Should I do this?

I guess I'll just have to ride it hard over bumps and rocks on my local trails for the time being. Hopefully it'll get smoother.

Wanna ride bikes?
    Bikes are a lot like women, so all I gotta say is:

Just ride her, it'll work out.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    yeah I figured that haha

mtbr member
    Jan 2009
    ride ride ride,,, to break them suckers in,,,,,,, as you suggested putting the bike upside down, will also help lube the seals,,,,, there is a spary you can get, think its called fork juice, thats supposed to be prety good and help eliminate stiction,,, another tip is to put a few drops of lube on the seal,,,, make sure you use a silicone based lube though and not petroleum based as this will dry out and damage your seals,,,,

Locs on Spokez
    Buy this:

Use liberally.
    Ground Steeze. @iggy_strbac

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    Put some bricks in your pocket, 125#'s is barely enough to squash an ant let alone compress a new DH fork.

Members who have read this thread: 0