Steve Peat is in Trouble...- Mtbr.com
    WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Steve Peat is in Trouble...

It looks like Steve Peat got a little wild after his win in Spain, and found himself in jail...this is the story that was in cyclenews.com.

MTB champ Peat arrested
    British rider Steve Peat, who won the first MTB Downhill World Cup round in Vigo, Spain, last Sunday, was arrested in that same city on the very same evening for vandalism on public property. Also arrested was Lee Bertrand, also a British MTB rider, as well as an unnamed 38 year-old woman of the same nationality and an unnamed 22 year-old Spaniard.

mtbr member
    Steve Peat is the Man!!! Way to win a race and then throw it down even harder partying! I am inspired, I am going to have a beer right now!
    That will be 60 buck, thanks.

mtbr member
    my hats off to you steve peat, my hats off to you
    signature

Glad to Be Alive
    fucckin A Cecil
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

ridin' is my escape
    he was jjus having a lil fun...
    _SouthBaySoldiers_

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    thats allways been a dream of mine, my hats off to him...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    do you think its funny being in jail for breaking stuff?? its a bit childish of all of you...maybe he is the best downhiller now but in terms of "education" ...he hasnt got any....shame on him.....shame on you.....

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Now this thread becomes people telling Ban how much he sucks...

Anyway Ban, what do you mean by Peat has no education? What are you implying? Just extrapolate more for us please... If you can't, then I'm sure you'll just be left alone.

gnar, brah
    Steve Peat is the man. He knows how to enjoy life, apparently some posters do not. Hoping he gets out of jail soon (I'm sure it was just overnight or something like that)
    Trestle Bike Park

mtbr member
    May 2004

Saw him practicing

Quote Originally Posted by ban
    do you think its funny being in jail for breaking stuff?? its a bit childish of all of you...maybe he is the best downhiller now but in terms of "education" ...he hasnt got any....shame on him.....shame on you.....
    A few years back when I lived in SoCal I hadn't started jumping yet but was watching jumpers at Sheep Hills on the way back from my road ride (mtb with slicks)
    Peat was practicing on a big step up and being taken photos of

I was, to be honest with yas, totally floored at the power and control he had. Awesome style and precision jumping, then he'd use his speed after the tranny to manual
    no helmet, no pads (that I could see), just a casual session

I think he saw me gaping and just laughed

Freshly Fujified
    I'm sure Steve Peat is an excellent rider. What he lacked that night he got busted was common sense and self control. (yes, we're all guilty of this at some point) I'm sure the guy was psyched that he won, and went out and partied and did something stupid. I'm sorry, but it's not something to be idolized.

C'mon folks, how can you condone the guy getting busted?

Clyde
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

WWT
    mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    I'm kind of sorry that I posted this news story; since it has caused a pretty big debate on Steve's personal life.

We don't really know what happened, it could have been something really small and stupid. Or, since three other people were arrested, he could have just been along for the ride...

Glad to Be Alive
    come on ban.....

Everybody, I mean EVERYBODY has done something bad in their life when having a little fun...He just got caught
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Steve Peat is still the man! I am still inspired and I think I will go out tonight and get drunk because of it!! Maybe that is why he is so fast. Any of you still want to ***** about his antics go write on the XC forum!

Just Ride
    hahaha that rocks. win aworld cup race and go fvck sh!t up....gotta love it.

well obviously some of you dont love it but your no fun.

mtbr member
    Yeah Peatty!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

the target bike basher
    peaty RULES, what jail is he in so i can finaly meet him for once?
    Quote Originally Posted by mothahucker
    Go hit some more two foot plywood jumps in your culdesack on your toys'r'us magma

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    I'm sure Steve Peat is an excellent rider. What he lacked that night he got busted was common sense and self control. (yes, we're all guilty of this at some point) I'm sure the guy was psyched that he won, and went out and partied and did something stupid. I'm sorry, but it's not something to be idolized.

C'mon folks, how can you condone the guy getting busted?

Clyde
    LOL!!!! You're just f-ing with us, right?

Common sense and self control? NOOOO..... it's the incarceration happy police state that needs to get some common sense and self control.

I agree with everyone else. Steve Peat is a hero.

locked - time out
    Jail is almost as fun / cool as a kick to the throat. World Champs generally don't get where they are by falling into line or whining about how this that or the other thing is illegal though.

"Shame on you!"???

Dude, please - my grandmother would laugh at you for sounding like such a puss.

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    well, if this is the kind of "sport" that you like ..( I mean breaking things inside a pub, throwing bottles to other customers, breaking cars outside the pub and urban stuff...) maybe you can start a "hooligan forum" if you like.....as these are the kind of things that I dislike, I will go on visiting this forum (if you, tough guys, forgive my poor life... )

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Sweet, giving us a great rep

Peaty is awesome though.
    JackNugz

Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

rider

Peaty

Quote Originally Posted by konabiker
    Sweet, giving us a great rep

Peaty is awesome though.
    The world cup downhill champion, the absolute best in our sport,... is a complete drunk.

like jack said, this is great for our reputation.
    "who vants a mustache ride?"

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ride To The Hills
    The world cup downhill champion, the absolute best in our sport,... is a complete drunk.

like jack said, this is great for our reputation.
    Complete drunk...not quite. Partyboy( )yes
    JackNugz

no, but they are shinier....it's like the fututre, where everything is really really shiny.....but still really just the same ol'crap

mtbr member
    May 2004
    U r whats wrong with this industry. Bunch of uptight shleather and elbow pad wearin kooks trying to hold the new school down. U suck.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy jibber
    U r whats wrong with this industry. Bunch of uptight shleather and elbow pad wearin kooks trying to hold the new school down. U suck.
    Word.

FREE TSAGE!!!!1111!!
    JackNugz

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by zachdank
    dirty sager has been freed.
    No he hasnt, he has been captured by evil zedro of Canada and will not be freed until zedro can get a real bike .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouse
    what were is gnarcal

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    dirty sager has been freed.

and peaty rawks gnarbot fosho. all u koOKs talkin $hit need to pipe down. he's a rockstar. let him party as hard as he wants.
    then lets all go party and do wuteva the fvck we want. that be even worse than a south park world

dud, cmon zack, we all know u ghetto and shiz but u gotta be wise enough to know there is a line that shouldnt be crossed. u cross it, then u get in trouble, the law dont care who u are
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China
    then lets all go party and do wuteva the fvck we want. that be even worse than a south park world

dud, cmon zack, we all know u ghetto and shiz but u gotta be wise enough to know there is a line that shouldnt be crossed. u cross it, then u get in trouble, the law dont care who u are
    sorry for having fun, this industry blows, u cant even take a megaphone around without getting hassled by kooks like herbold. We're a bunch of kids having fun, u need to lighten all, and that goes for all u goodies.

abolisher of A$$holes
    Quote Originally Posted by Chikity China

rolfcopters....to some people ...having the fun is worth paying the price...

dank's so ghetto this is his pad...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.
    George Bush, US President

Foreign Entity
    Little do you know about Steve Peat.

If the guy left mountain biking tomorrow, he could walk right back into a job because he does in fact have an education and a career which he left to focus on riding.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by irieness

Is he that little white guy in the lower right?
    JackNugz

Drinker w/ Riding Problem

The chicken his??

or'd he steal it for the night!

Chinky on a Stinky
    May 2004
    sorry for having fun, this industry blows, u cant even take a megaphone around without getting hassled by kooks like herbold. We're a bunch of kids having fun, u need to lighten all, and that goes for all u goodies.
    dude how old are u? uve gotta be pretty imature to think that vandalizing property is fun so theres a valid excuse for it, "i was just having fun man", "tell it to the judge"
    Straight outta Compton..............

Team Tony Train - FR/DH Forever!!!!
    Sponsors: White Devil Syndicate (we're workin on it 'aight?)

DREAM THEATER

Just Ride
    im with the stallion (sorry for callin ya zink earlier, thanks zach. i got no clue of your name otherwise...). for the short amount of time im been "in this industry" ive noticed alot of crappy ass corporate BS. i work at one of the highest ranking trek dealers in the world and it BLOWS. its entirely based around my boss trying to get a bigger TV and a nicer car. it sucks cause he holds all of us to these ridiculous standards and its not a bike shop anymore. howmany bike shops do you know of that keep even their mechanics at a strict dress code (no hats, no cut off shorts, if your not wearing a dickies work shirt yoru shirt is tucked in and a name tag is always on you.) its just ridiculous. what happened to everything just being about riding. my boss says he loves riding and bikes. he doesnt, he loves his money...prick

but luckily theres still people who do just do it cause its bikes and we love bikes. i know most of us on here are like that but theres a few of you that do it for an image and all that other Bs. just shut up and ride.
    Last edited by zerossix; 05-05-2005 at 07:04 PM.

pwn3rator
    peaty is th' man, i met him at th' otter, a real cool guy...
    SOCAL UNION REPREZENT
    Quote Originally Posted by JBsoxB
    does it still qualify as a mountainbike?
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    I've beat beer cans on my limp pee pee.

Just Ride
    that ain't zinc, but it iz a stallion.
    sh!t...good call zach

Doesnt ride Banshees
    Trashing sh*t is so cool. Wanna know why? steve peat does it! What a bunch of f*cking sheep

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix
    im with the stallion (sorry for callin ya zink earlier, thanks zach. i got no clue of your name otherwise...). for the short amount of time im been "in this industry" ive noticed alot of crappy ass corporate BS. i work at one of the highest ranking trek dealers in the world and it BLOWS. its entirely based around my boss trying to get a bigger TV and a nicer car. it sucks cause he holds all of us to these ridiculous standards and its not a bike shop anymore. howmany bike shops do you know of that keep even their mechanics at a strict dress code (no hats, no cut off shorts, if your not wearing a dickies work shirt yoru shirt is tucked in and a name tag is always on you.) its just ridiculous. what happened to everything just being about riding. my boss says he loves riding and bikes. he doesnt, he loves his money...prick

but luckily theres still people who do just do it cause its bikes and we love bikes. i know most of us on here are like that but theres a few of you that do it for an image and all that other Bs. just shut up and ride.
    Zink got fined 1000 bucks in the last month for having a glass of wine at a team dinner that was gicen to him b the team manager. Everyone just wants to be coola dn wants people to like them. f that.

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    my honest opinion, yes, yes, i do think its funny...

Bob Saget Fan
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrewpalooza
    Steve Peat is the man. He knows how to enjoy life, apparently some posters do not. Hoping he gets out of jail soon (I'm sure it was just overnight or something like that)
    It's not because some of us don't go around breaking stuff that we don't enjoy life. Vendalizing is just plain stupid and iresponsible. Imagine if someone came in your country and broke stuff around for fun because he "enjoys life". And after, some people would call this person a hero. I don't think you would think the same way. Sadam hussein was a hero for his country, he vendalized and killed in other countrys........he kills cuz he enjoys life, i don't see the problem.....(sarcasm). Maybe you could rethink of all that. I don't know what really hapened but his actions shouldn't be seen as heroic.

mtbr member
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Bikoholic
    It's not because some of us don't go around breaking stuff that we don't enjoy life. Vendalizing is just plain stupid and iresponsible. Imagine if someone came in your country and broke stuff around for fun because he "enjoys life". And after, some people would call this person a hero. I don't think you would think the same way. Sadam hussein was a hero for his country, he vendalized and killed in other countrys........he kills cuz he enjoys life, i don't see the problem.....(sarcasm). Maybe you could rethink of all that. I don't know what really hapened but his actions shouldn't be seen as heroic.
    u dont even know what he did, he couldve been takina piss cause he was wasted. Stop jumpin to comclusions and learn the facts before u judge a guy. Peats the most down to earth go out there and ur and ignorant deusch

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Banshee Rider
    Trashing sh*t is so cool. Wanna know why? steve peat does it! What a bunch of f*cking sheep
    argghhh!!!! what irresponsible juvenile behavior.... tarnishing the fine upstanding reputation of our sport!

you don't get to be the fastest downhiller on the planet by astudiously doing what you're told. he gets paid to be a certified lunatic!!! it's a wonder they haven't locked him up already.

rider

irieness, whered you take that picture of the enormously fat lady with the belly hanging out in your profile thing? It looks exactly like my little sister's friend's mom!

o, and for scabrider, that Fiona girl's mom.
    -rtth
    "who vants a mustache ride?"

I wanna talk to Samson!
    irieness, whered you take that picture of the enormously fat lady with the belly hanging out in your profile thing? It looks exactly like my little sister's friend's mom!

o, and for scabrider, that Fiona girl's mom.
    -rtth
    The internet
    JackNugz

Glad to Be Alive

will start a fund raiser...home for zach charity

mtbr member
    I don't see how any of you are giving him props for this.

We're losing resorts left and right as far as lift accessed riding goes, and then one of, if not the best downhiller does something like this and you cheer? Aren't we looking for all the brownie points we can get? Hell, he can get arrested all he wants, but not right after an event hehe

Sorry if I sound like an old dude....the truth had to be said, DH in the US is on thin ice

edit

apparently it was a case of mistaken identity, but he still had this to say; "I apologise, and feel bad for the mountain bike organization because this is not the image we want to project of mountain biking"

BJ-
    Rota Imports
    Quote Originally Posted by the sacrifice
    I don't see how any of you are giving him props for this.

We're losing resorts left and right as far as lift accessed riding goes, and then one of, if not the best downhiller does something like this and you cheer? Aren't we looking for all the brownie points we can get? Hell, he can get arrested all he wants, but not right after an event hehe

Sorry if I sound like an old dude....the truth had to be said, DH in the US is on thin ice

edit

apparently it was a case of mistaken identity, but he still had this to say; "I apologise, and feel bad for the mountain bike organization because this is not the image we want to project of mountain biking"
    sorry but, isnt it your own fault your lift access and resorts are being taken off you, you guys were the ones who built the illegal trails and chose to ride them, arnt you...

thats of course a generalisation...

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Hey, Steve Peat can do whatever he wants....but why doesnt he do it in HIS OWN PUB??? I mean as I Spanish (which I am this is why I know all that by first hand) I´m SICK of all the people who come to our country and think they can do whatever they want, and yes, he was released but he did what he did (I know that because i was told by people who were there in the same pub when all that happened, mistaken identity???jajajajajaaja) so I hope Spanish authorities will ban him from coming to Spain to take part in races as they do with football hooligans

abolisher of A$$holes
    Hey, Steve Peat can do whatever he wants....but why doesnt he do it in HIS OWN PUB??? I mean as I Spanish (which I am this is why I know all that by first hand) I´m SICK of all the people who come to our country and think they can do whatever they want, and yes, he was released but he did what he did (I know that because i was told by people who were there in the same pub when all that happened, mistaken identity???jajajajajaaja) so I hope Spanish authorities will ban him from coming to Spain to take part in races as they do with football hooligans
    and I'm sure people here are sick of your people coming here and doing whatever it is they want...we should all just stay in our own houses, in our own town, in our own state, in our own country, on our own continent...and than no one will get pissed off and we can all live in euphoria...

There are wars going on all over the world...and you people are all getting pissed off over a little vandalism (at the worst).....I would never vandalize anyone's property...but it does't give me the right to be a hall monitor or judge someone...I'm sure your pedestals aren't too high either.... like they'd shut down mtbing because of this..there's troublemakers in every sport...get over it cuz it didn't happen anyways....
    I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions --but I don't always agree with them.

abolisher of A$$holes

can't be her because my younger sister took it of me at the amusement park, right after I broke the Ferris Wheel...the company banned me from ever riding on their rides...or at least til I get down to a reasonable weight...she sent it to me in an email titled "bellybuttons"...must be because it looks so cute showing out the bottom of my sundress...

used to be uno-speedo....
    He's innocent.

Steve Peat arrested...

End of the drama kids.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by uno-speedo
    He's innocent.

Steve Peat arrested...

End of the drama kids.
    Booya!

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    and I'm sure people here are sick of your people coming here and doing whatever it is they want...we should all just stay in our own houses, in our own town, in our own state, in our own country, on our own continent...and than no one will get pissed off and we can all live in euphoria...

There are wars going on all over the world...and you people are all getting pissed off over a little vandalism (at the worst).....I would never vandalize anyone's property...but it does't give me the right to be a hall monitor or judge someone...I'm sure your pedestals aren't too high either.... like they'd shut down mtbing because of this..there's troublemakers in every sport...get over it cuz it didn't happen anyways....
    I mostly agree in what yo are saying, but the thing that pisses me off its that some people in this forum seems to think that those vandalism acts are very funny...this is what it pisses me off, anyway, dont worry because as you say there are more important things in life...(or more serious things to be worried about). cheers!!

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    hey lets ban "Ban" Steve Peat can do wat he wants if u ask me

mtbr member
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by zerossix

im going to cry that was the most beautyful thing in the world lol im gonna go ride....goodbye

Glad to Be Alive
    I mostly agree in what yo are saying, but the thing that pisses me off its that some people in this forum seems to think that those vandalism acts are very funny...this is what it pisses me off, anyway, dont worry because as you say there are more important things in life...(or more serious things to be worried about). cheers!!
    who cares what other people think....really will it effect your life????

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    I mean as I Spanish (which I am this is why I know all that by first hand) I´m SICK of all the people who come to our country and think they can do whatever they want,
    If you're sisk of the trash, why don't you clean up the whole country?
    Spain is about the most disgusting / littered country I ever went to. And don't tell me it is the tourists that are in cause. Where I went they were mostly no tourist to be found but trash piling up everywhere.

Go clean up now.

I wanna talk to Samson!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT
    Spain is about the most disgusting / littered country I ever went to. And don't tell me it is the tourists that are in cause. Where I went they were mostly no tourist to be found but trash piling up everywhere.

Go clean up now.
    Spain is definatly not that bad. Go to India or Belize or something.
    JackNugz

Bob Saget Fan
    Mar 2004
    u dont even know what he did, he couldve been takina piss cause he was wasted. Stop jumpin to comclusions and learn the facts before u judge a guy. Peats the most down to earth go out there and ur and ignorant deusch
    Im not judjing him, if you could take the time to read my post before YOU jump to the conclusions......you would see that i said i didn't know what happened. I just said that people were seing vendalism as a heroic act. I never said anything against him. I wanted to adress to the people thinking breaking stuff was cool. Peace!!!

ban
    mtbr member
    Jul 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani_UT

Go clean up now.
    shut up your mouth idiot, we are not talking about that, anyway where are you come from?Im sure your country its perfect so you can stay there for the rest of your life. Anyway, Im not going to write in this thread anymore because you holigans, dont deserve to be paid so much attention so you can go on breaking stuff & vandalizing in your cities..... I dont give a damm
    Last edited by ban; 05-07-2005 at 04:49 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    shut up your mouth idiot, we are not talking about that, anyway where are you come from?Im sure your country its perfect

I am French so of course my country is perfect (just kidding). If I live here in the US that's obviously the proof that I am not 100% happy with France.

On the other hand, I used to live for year near Biarritz and was taking trips to Spain on a regular basis especially to a old reservoir in the desert in the middle of nowhere near Zaragoza and if I loved the place I was bummed how the inhabitants seem to think they could just dump trash everywhere. I love Spain don't get me wrong but the place needs a clean-up!

Glad to Be Alive
    shut up your mouth idiot, we are not talking about that, anyway where are you come from?Im sure your country its perfect so you can stay there for the rest of your life. Anyway, Im not going to write in this thread anymore because you holigans, dont deserve to be paid so much attention so you can go on breaking stuff & vandalizing in your cities..... I dont give a damm

and you didn't bring it upon yourself????