started building some jumps- Mtbr.com
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    126

    started building some jumps

    i started working on some jumps today. the first is about a 15 foot gap and the landing is on the backside of this burm.




    the landing is really steep, its hard to tell by the picture though


    heres a little table top, its about 15 feet long but i'm going to build it up higher tomorrow.


    tomorrow i'm also going to start building a step up. the jump will be about 5 feet high with a 10 foot gap up to the top of about a 10 foot hill.

    action pics to come soon. it takes a while to dig when none of your friends ride bikes and you're the only one digging.
    Last edited by ShooterMcGavinYo; 05-06-2005 at 03:07 PM.

  2. #2
    dirt rules
    Reputation: sittingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,050
    That looks pretty kick-ass, recruit some help!

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation: LandonVega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    558
    then you must build a steeper lip but not to steep for the first one so the porabala will be very flowy
    signature

  4. #4
    kona-tize me captain
    Reputation: austinb89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,117

    nicee

    nice work man, looks like ull really go off smooth, get some action pics

  5. #5
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by LandonVega
    then you must build a steeper lip but not to steep for the first one so the porabala will be very flowy
    yeah, its not quite finished yet

  6. #6
    Glad to Be Alive
    Reputation: SHIVER ME TIMBERS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    42,929
    very nice soil...great dirt
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

  7. #7
    not really a noob
    Reputation: hardcore newbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,510
    thats nic! DROOL
    I HATE WORK, WORK IS BAD, WORK = NO BIKE, NO BIKE = NO GOOD

  8. #8
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,282
    quote:/ it takes a while to dig when none of your friends ride bikes and you're the only one digging.
    __________________
    MIDWEST HUCKIN'! /:quote


    hay shootermcgaven, where r u from. im from peoria Illinois maby i can help some time dependin on where u r from

  9. #9
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by Sombrio69
    quote:/ it takes a while to dig when none of your friends ride bikes and you're the only one digging.
    __________________
    MIDWEST HUCKIN'! /:quote


    hay shootermcgaven, where r u from. im from peoria Illinois maby i can help some time dependin on where u r from
    i'm in rockford. i think its about 2 1/2 hours from there, but if you're ever up here you're welcome to come ride or dig

  10. #10
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    your first jump reminds me of somthing my mates got, you can bust really high and the landing still feels real nice and smooth, you should build the kicker nice and steep and then build a new set of doubles after the lander like we did...

    but anyways nice stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  11. #11
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by BJ-
    your first jump reminds me of somthing my mates got, you can bust really high and the landing still feels real nice and smooth, you should build the kicker nice and steep and then build a new set of doubles after the lander like we did...

    but anyways nice stuff...
    yea thats what i was thinking of doing. theres this big drainage pipe thats like 5 feet high right after the landing and then a road goes over the pipe, it was right behind me where i took the 3rd picture. anyways i'm thinking about building a nice hip over the pipe and then a set of doubles for when you come off the hip. that'll probably have to wait for a week or 2 though.

  12. #12
    BJ-
    BJ- is offline
    Rota Imports
    Reputation: BJ-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,669
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMCgavinYo
    yea thats what i was thinking of doing. theres this big drainage pipe thats like 5 feet high right after the landing and then a road goes over the pipe, it was right behind me where i took the 3rd picture. anyways i'm thinking about building a nice hip over the pipe and then a set of doubles for when you come off the hip. that'll probably have to wait for a week or 2 though.
    nice man, show us with som action shots when ya done...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob
    everybody was dressed nice...I had shorts, Rogue T-shirt and sandles

  13. #13
    DOWNHILL MAFIA
    Reputation: JSUN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,360
    You guys!!!??

    It looks like he's gone and dug some big azz holes in the middle of a trail!?

    I could be wrong, but if thats a trail thats used by hikers or anyone else other than you, then they might be pisssed about those giant holes, right?

    No offense.. It just kinda looks bad. You should dig a ditch or try scraping away the surface dirt.


    i want to post more but i can't stop riding!

  14. #14
    Schmeow Productions
    Reputation: JBsoxB's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    5,396
    Quote Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavinYo
    yeah, its not quite finished yet
    after the "berm" landing (on the first one, build a stepdown and land at the bottom of the hill.

  15. #15
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by JSUN
    You guys!!!??

    It looks like he's gone and dug some big azz holes in the middle of a trail!?

    I could be wrong, but if thats a trail thats used by hikers or anyone else other than you, then they might be pisssed about those giant holes, right?

    No offense.. It just kinda looks bad. You should dig a ditch or try scraping away the surface dirt.


    no hikers, this is just an empty neighborhood lot. those holes are going to be fixed. i guess i should get right on that before a hiker trips over it and drops their camera or granola bar in the dirt.
    Last edited by ShooterMcGavinYo; 05-07-2005 at 09:41 AM.

  16. #16
    mtbr member
    Reputation: MTBSully's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,205
    man i hate NE. Dirt. So many rocks. Cool jumps though. Get some action pics when ur done.
    Sully

Similar Threads

  1. Updates on the Firebug that started the Cedar Fire
    By EBasil in forum California - Socal
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-09-2005, 03:03 PM
  2. building jumps again and again
    By santa-cruz in forum Downhill - Freeride
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 10:31 PM
  3. Building jumps
    By Jettj45 in forum Beginner's Corner
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-17-2004, 06:37 PM
  4. An Entirely New Thread on Building Jumps
    By DownHillFast in forum Arizona
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-23-2004, 11:10 AM
  5. CCP Stories
    By General Coonskins in forum Singlespeed
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 10:03 AM

Members who have read this thread: 0

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

© Copyright 2019 VerticalScope Inc. All rights reserved.