The start of my bottlerocket!- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Feb 2004

The start of my bottlerocket!

I had a great extended weekend this past week(wedsday to wedsday) and it was great got my first day of snowboarding in and then came home tuesday to my new(to me bottlerocket frame heres my build so far

06 med bottlerocket
    dhx 5.0 air
    truvativ husslefelt cranks
    mavic 321 /shimano xt solid 10mm axle rear wheel
    avid j 5 brake
    odyssey twisted pc limited editions
    pike 426

and i have now ran outta money
    im thinking that im going to run it ss and just need a chainring,front wheel(wheel is a regular qr wheel sitting on the maxles qr just to get the pic), and a chaintensioner for the rear

any body have some set up tips for the shock as i have no idea where to start as im coming off a hardtail

mtbr member
    Aug 2007
    Sweet...it's a beautiful setup. How could you run out of money so close. yeah i'd just run ss for a minute just to get you on it

Can I Borrow Some Style?
    Dude if you are that close just sack up and spend the extra $200 to finish her off. Great looking bike.
    Passion is what we all need, the rest is secondary.
    Yeah I ride fixed on occasion, get over it.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    haha i dont have it i have 50 more on the credit card hahaha. i trying to work some deals hopefully be riding by middle of next week

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by cmooreboards
    Dude if you are that close just sack up and spend the extra $200 to finish her off. Great looking bike.
    sheesh.....just go wash some cars in the neirborhood......10 buck wash 15 with armour all
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    hahaha i would im working on getting a job at any mountain so we shall see what happens my other job kinda crapped out for the winter which sux

mtbr member
    Stop eating at Baja Fresh, buy some Ramen noodles for the next two weeks, and your there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    hahaha thats scary since i actually ate at baja tonight but not on my tab

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyfromthelak
    hahaha thats scary since i actually ate at baja tonight but not on my tab
    We can see from the cup in your picture.

Glad to Be Alive
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    fricken dectectives here...they see everything
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    hahaha i didnt even notice that in there

mtbr member
    MTBR: CSI

I smell a new show!!!
    "Solution to two of the world's problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry."

mtbr member
    sell that BMX son!

Big Test Icycles
    Sell the Volks, you'll get more for it than the BMX will bring in.

Capricious youth...
    I've got that front wheel for you.

You just gotta' make the trek down to San Jose to pick it up.
    Meh.

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    glad to see your bike arrived......wish mine got here the same time..............
    looks like ive seen that somewhere before
    Last edited by lax30; 11-14-2008 at 12:01 PM.
    Pedalshop
    Transition Bike Co.

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    hmm it does look familiar. im sorrry man that yours hasnt arrived yet. hopefully you get it today if your mail hasnt arrived yet.

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    hmm it does look familiar. im sorrry man that yours hasnt arrived yet. hopefully you get it today if your mail hasnt arrived yet.
    yah went home to check the mail today and the mail came but no bike............
    Pedalshop
    Transition Bike Co.

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Jun 2008

I hate bottlerockets

They suck
    "I dont have time for this mess".

mtbr member
    "I hate bottlerockets, they suck"

No my friend, bottlerockets dont suck....

You suck......

Majorly.....

biking is fun
    nice man, its a fun bike

as for dhx air set up.

i would

set the air pressure in the main chamber so your sag is about 25%
    then match that pressure in your boost chamber (unless under 125 cause thats the min)
    then crank your bottom out all the way in cause your going to need it with the way dhx air's blow through there travel.

i had one on mine. it makes it feel really plush but you bottom it out alot. or you pump it up and its harsh on the little stuff but doesn't bottom out.

Seeeriously easy Livin
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAHater
    They suck
    Dude you are hilarious, what can you expect from a guy called ImAHater

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    thanks guys

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    nice bottle rockets are sick
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    you know what else is sick..not gettin the bike the other guy sent.................did you send the ***** on the back of a horse or something
    Pedalshop
    Transition Bike Co.

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by lax30
    you know what else is sick..not gettin the bike the other guy sent.................did you send the ***** on the back of a horse or something
    I take it you guys swapped frame or something?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yeah and usps has not came through on his side of the deal. im really not sure why it has taken them so long. they said it would be delivered to him last tuesday and he's still waiting.

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    yeah and usps has not came through on his side of the deal. im really not sure why it has taken them so long. they said it would be delivered to him last tuesday and he's still waiting.
    your not sure why its takin soo long???? well how bout how you effed me in shipping...i mean dude i shipped a frame (17lbs package) for 50 bucks for ups ground, whcich by the way you were suposed to ship the same way....anyways you shipped a bike minus a wheelset(way more weight then a frame) for 45 bucks. you got to the post office and it was a lot of money and you said oh well and got the cheapest(worse) shipping you could get, thats why this **** is tak,in forever. next time you do a deal make sure you follow that **** right, and if the claim the ups store was actually closed during the middle of the day on a tuesday for some stragne reason you should have gotten equal shipping at the post office. and tehn the whole not answereing phone calls is pretty sweeet too....whats the deal with that **** man makes xsomeone think......and **** dude you have had your bike for over a week now and i still dont have a damn thing...oh wait my blk mrkt fork i ordered a week later came in on monday..........and explain again how you couldnt get tires to fit in a box? thats some more crap you ve fed me throught this whole cluster.
    Pedalshop
    Transition Bike Co.

dont touch the dirt

Meh.
    If you work for a bike shop, you're representing them pretty poorly right now.

I've shipped a bike for way less than 40 before...

People have things to do beside wait on you all day to pick up phone calls.

I understand your frustration. I've gotten screwed when I sold something for somebody and he didn't follow through. But there are better ways to handle it. And it would certainly seem that the transaction could've been handled much more smoothly.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    heres your tracking number again over the internet. my phones broken and i cant get a new one till i go home for thanksgiving break. im a full time student so yeah i dont have time to run around answering phone calls.Also how i got the shipping lower then you was a smaller box. everything i shipped you was in a box the size of an ns bikes surburban frame which is guess what smalller then a bottlerocket. shipping on these boxes is dimensional not weight related. so bigger box= more shipping. also i texted you when i whent to ship to make sure that usps was ok, and you said thats fine.

again sorry it took so long but this coulda been taken care of over pms and not here on a public forum. and sorry again for the wait enjoy the bike

heres your tracking number
    it says that it has arrived

www.usps.com

sorry the tracking number doesnt give more information but i cant change how usps does things

just checked it again and it said its at your post office. your grudge is with them now. should be at your house today or tommorow

KoNa KiD
    Apr 2007
    - it was not with a shop at all, completely private party.

and i didnt think that you had not sent the box, my issue was with the form of shipping you used. i just wished you would have been able to follow the deal how we had talked about it. and as for waitin around and not having time, went through college had no problems and now work 40+ hours a week and managed everything ontime.
    Pedalshop
    Transition Bike Co.

dont touch the dirt

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    it says that it is delivered lemme know if you got the bike thanks

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by lax30
    - it was not with a shop at all, completely private party.

and i didnt think that you had not sent the box, my issue was with the form of shipping you used. i just wished you would have been able to follow the deal how we had talked about it. and as for waitin around and not having time, went through college had no problems and now work 40+ hours a week and managed everything ontime.
    Mate i know your fustration, and ill tell you now, screaming about it anit gonna make it happen faster. You think waiting a week or 2 is a long wait? I sent my 08 66 RCV in to get fixed almost 8 weeks ago, before that i sent it in or 5 weeks only to find out the importer has changed and my forks come back after 6 weeks exactly the same as when i sent them out. Before that i waited 3 weeks to get the compression rod fixed that has broken again. Before that i waited 3 weeks for a new axle because mine was defective and shattered, then i had to wait another week because they sent the wrong one. So while you may be complaining about waiting 2 weeks, i have been off the bike waiting for over 21 weeks total, almost half a year of not riding despite paying $3000 for a bike, and still counting. The only resolve of all this waiting is that my 08 66 is so screwed up, marzocchi has agreed to replace them with brand new 09 66 RCV's, they just have to get here first.......hopefully will be next week..........but i doubt it.......

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick_M2R
    Mate i know your fustration, and ill tell you now, screaming about it anit gonna make it happen faster. You think waiting a week or 2 is a long wait? I sent my 08 66 RCV in to get fixed almost 8 weeks ago, before that i sent it in or 5 weeks only to find out the importer has changed and my forks come back after 6 weeks exactly the same as when i sent them out. Before that i waited 3 weeks to get the compression rod fixed that has broken again. Before that i waited 3 weeks for a new axle because mine was defective and shattered, then i had to wait another week because they sent the wrong one. So while you may be complaining about waiting 2 weeks, i have been off the bike waiting for over 21 weeks total, almost half a year of not riding despite paying $3000 for a bike, and still counting. The only resolve of all this waiting is that my 08 66 is so screwed up, marzocchi has agreed to replace them with brand new 09 66 RCV's, they just have to get here first.......hopefully will be next week..........but i doubt it.......
    that sucks man. i woulda bought a new fork after all that but they are way to expensive nowadays

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

new pic. just need the drivetrain now.

go huck yourself
    that is the nicest bottlerocket ive even seen

works well with abit shorter travel
    Dirt jumps come and go, but dirt junkies will dig forever.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    we shall see how the shorter travel fork works its still pretty slack so i think it will do fine. im hoping i like the air shock since i can blow through half its travel just playing around but it seems to ramp up pretty nicely and is very plush

Meh.
    we shall see how the shorter travel fork works its still pretty slack so i think it will do fine. im hoping i like the air shock since i can blow through half its travel just playing around but it seems to ramp up pretty nicely and is very plush
    The DHX tends to lack midstroke support. You can use the air sleeve from a Float, or you could use a shim in the current sleeve.

jdcannondale
    Apr 2008
    that bike is gonna be CRISP!!!!!
    Cannondale Gemini

EastBaySteez
    The DHX tends to lack midstroke support. You can use the air sleeve from a Float, or you could use a shim in the current sleeve.
    Its a bottle rocket. It has no midstroke.
    Gamut
    Team Evil
    Formerly: motormonkeyr6

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by motormonkeyr6
    Its a bottle rocket. It has no midstroke.
    Is that supposed to be a joke?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    do you have any links will? interesting in reading up on that and where would i buy them?

i like rocks
    fyi, with the seat slammed that low, the rear tire will buzz it.
    Tim M Hovey

Nukeproof Mega 290
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 BMW 540i
    1999 F350 PSD

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yeah i figured that out its raised last night playing around with no air in the shock

mtbr member
    don't know but it worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by [Orge
    ]
    This problem could quite simply be solved if people would stop buying Konas.

Meh.
    do you have any links will? interesting in reading up on that and where would i buy them?
    Try a search on the forums, pretty sure there's a how -to. You can also buy the other air sleeve directly from Fox.

i like rocks
    it seams like a fairly well known fact that the dhx air blows through its midstroke. personally, i wouldn't run one on my BR (i have a pushed dhx coil), but maybe it will work fine for you. some peeps seem to like it, though i have to imagine they are sacrificing allot of small bump compliance in order to get enough pressure for good midstroke support.

lol... the best part is... my dhx coil with a 400# ti spring weighed a touch -less- than a buddys dhx air... go figure.
    Tim M Hovey

Nukeproof Mega 290
    1950 CJ3a
    1999 BMW 540i
    1999 F350 PSD

Members who have read this thread: 0