SPY PICS!!! NEMESIS PROJECT streetfighter frame and 100mm 66vf- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

SPY PICS!!! NEMESIS PROJECT streetfighter frame and 100mm 66vf

Ok
    I can't wait any longer have to let this one out of the bag , per say.

The bike pictured is a NEMESIS PROJECT streetfighter frame , this is a new factory in
    northern califernia that I have been working with . They turn out some really cool stuff ,
    they also happen to be the only U.S. factory working with Evil bikes on frame production .
    There doing all the Sovereign bikes this year , so uh take notice!!

This is my personal streetfighter I just got back from paint , frame weight is 6lbs.
    Full TruTemper butted tube set , 3 axis laser mitered as well as laser cut gusetts, full argon purge welding . Heattreated headtube and b/b shell as well as internal seattube gussett, the dropouts go through a propritary oil quenching to harden the material.

Angles are pretty straight froward , 70 seat , 72 head (skatpark specific), 21.5 TT, 13 seattube c-c 14.5 c-t, 12.5 b/b height , just a hair under 1000mm wheelbase.

The fork is a one off custom 66vf 100mm urban fork with hand built titanium internals and custom wound springs neg and upper,

Let me know what you think,thanks!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

rockin the mid-west

Hope nice

nice dj/jib frame
    PUNK FOR LIFE
    freeride & Down hill for life
    Companies I support
    E-13
    Shimano
    Maxxis
    EBC
    Marzocchi
    SIXSIXONE
    Specialized
    Arrow Racing
    Truvativ
    W.O.R.B.A. supporter
    I.M.B.A. supporter

mtbr member

A few more pic's

A few more pic's
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    with hand built titanium internals
    Not that I don't believe you... but... exactly what internals were replaced with titanium? And why? Pretty close to raising the BS flag on that one.

Nice lookin frame, though.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

banned
    Dec 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil4bc
    A few more pic's
    Nice stem....

mtbr member
    [QUOTE=lastminutebastrd]Not that I don't believe you... but... exactly what internals were replaced with titanium? And why? Pretty close to raising the BS flag on that one.

Ok
    The 66vf is a 150mm fork , I had to make new spacers to raise the cartrige up to reduce the travel from 150mm to 100mm .
    Marzocchi has a 22.20 mm plastic spacer in the fork between the top out spring and the
    C clip that holds the cartrige in .
    The part that was replace with Ti was the spacer since I will be selling this kit later I'm not going to tell you too much more, I could have used plastic or aluminum or what ever
    just happened to have Ti in the right size around the garage this morning.
    The springs are the tough part to change the travel to also change the spring rate and the oil volume inside the fork , this is where the custom springs come into play , the spacer really only took 20min to make. you also need to replace the negitive spring .
    Most people would be fine with a dj1 for a street / urban fork the 66 is the stiffest thing outthere and great for street and park riding plus it just looks burly !!

mtbr member
    So... that qualifies as 'hand built titanium internals'?? wow.
    ...he said "young man pay heed, you listen well to what i say, now there comes a time for a man to walk away"

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    why didnt you just get a dirt jumper , instead of raking down the travel of a top of the line fr fork

Glad to Be Alive
    Love the color

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dropoff
    why didnt you just get a dirt jumper , instead of raking down the travel of a top of the line fr fork
    im with him...why not jsut get a sherman jumper?

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Makes me wanna strip and paint my bike. Good work.
    Mike Duncan
    JudyXL-Y3 *Freerider*

Rides like wrecking ball
    Guess I wasn't the only one with the short travel 66 idea. Looks great! I want a 3" 66. Because of the 66's super tall build, it will fit perfectly on today's hardcore hardtails designed around 4-5" forks, like the Evil DOC. I'd love to hear more about your kit and who made your springs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hesh to Steel
    With people liking mongoose and trek bikes now, what's next in this crazy world? People disliking the bottlerocket?!

mtbr member

100mm VF

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Alter
    The VF isnt their high end freeride model , the RC has all the super nice damping and valves , the VF is the cheep OEM version with SSVF internals .
    The reason I didn't get a dirt jumper 1 this years model is sand color ( that would look great on met green) also it weighs more than my Z150 from last year over 7lbs!!
    The 66vf as it sits on my bike is 6.9 oz , a bit lighter but the biggest differnce is that this is a Skatepark / street specific bike I wanted the fork to be stiff for wallrides , airs ect.

As for the Sherman , I don't like the shermans feel and Marzocchi has always been really nice to me . P

Thanks for your comments on the frame , the paint really is sick!!! thank you

Stem is a Deity http://www.deitycomponents.com

See you in Vegas!!

Team Captain
    Jan 2004
    No offense, but I think it's sacreligious to cut down a 7 inch single crown to 4 inches. I would've picked up an 04 Z1 if it was about color. HSCV cartridges, light weight... oh well...

mtbr remember
    Nice rig. Lets see some full built pics.
    Not a big fan of the fancy sparkle paint. Too cute for me.
    as for the short travl 66, even w/ 48 spoke wheels, you probably wont feel that much difference in stiffness over a 32mm stanchion fork with only 4in of travel. Looks sweet though, but seriously, the only reason the stanchions are so big on a 66 is to accomadate the long travel, which you no longer have.
    Anyway, it's your hot rod, not mine, so build on!
    Schralp it Heavy.

Youngbuck
    Pretty nice bike.I really like the stem.and the frame but not the colour .You shouldve got it in a bright red,or black.
    Honorary Member of the: 500 club

user-created
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryJerry
    I would've picked up an 04 Z1 if it was about color. HSCV cartridges, light weight... oh well...
    Read it again, its about STIFFNESS. Park bikes don't need sh1t for damping, so the ssvf is fine. I think its a pretty good idea.

And if the Ti parts are made by hand, that qualifies as "hand built titanium internals". Kinda.

go big or go home
    ya the frames sick but with that color some ppl might think your a ***...

Get off yer arse and on yere bike!

Just Ride
    thats an awefully nice paint job for a street bike...

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    yeah i don't really like the color, kinda glittery. the rest of the bike looks sick though, the design, the stem, and the fork looks cool (even though i can't see the decals)

mtbr member

The color is chick magnet green

Quote Originally Posted by bentimby
    ya the frames sick but with that color some ppl might think your a ***...
    The color is called chick magnet green after working on the bike at a local shop for a sec the other day , I got the digits from a hot kayak chic ! So not a ***

Acadian did a full story on pink bike , I will post complete bike pics tomarrow before I leave for Vegas!!

surf-ride-repeat
    The color is called chick magnet green after working on the bike at a local shop for a sec the other day , I got the digits from a hot kayak chic ! So not a ***

Acadian did a full story on pink bike , I will post complete bike pics tomarrow before I leave for Vegas!!

That is straight pimpilicious, love the paint...

let the haters hate...whatever....

I like the fork idea , too... it's cool to be the square nut in a round world sometimes....

braaaap!

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    All the stuff done to the frame is perty standard for a machine shop except for the laser which does not mean squat (the laser cuts the metal) I do have a question why dident you have the hole frame heatreted (to releave the stress from welding) thats the only thing I think you missed . Looks like a nice bike hope it lives up to your expatations.

Former Noob Herder
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannon_Fodder
    All the stuff done to the frame is perty standard for a machine shop except for the laser which does not mean squat (the laser cuts the metal) I do have a question why dident you have the hole frame heatreted (to releave the stress from welding) thats the only thing I think you missed . Looks like a nice bike hope it lives up to your expatations.
    heat treating and stress relieving are different things...just because you've done one locally doesnt necessarily imply the other wasent done, or was required. Although i'm curious too...maybe to surface harden the contact areas between the BB and the headset, without embrittling the rest of the tubeset?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslingger
    no doubt you must have majored in english or something rad!!!

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    to stress relieave the frame it would have to be heat treated have to and if they heated treated the bb and head tube and then welded it you have ruinded your heat treat .
    Quote Originally Posted by zedro
    heat treating and stress relieving are different things...just because you've done one locally doesnt necessarily imply the other wasent done, or was required. Although i'm curious too...maybe to surface harden the contact areas between the BB and the headset, without embrittling the rest of the tubeset?

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    to stress relieave the frame it would have to be heat treated have to and if they heated treated the bb and head tube and then welded it you have ruinded your heat treat .
    sorry, i am long winded.....blah blah blah.

i have to toss my hat in the ring of curious people. i dont really see a big reason to use such material and processing intensive techniques on parts like bbs, headtubes and dropouts.

dropouts: i suppose with more and more people using long horizontal style dropouts la BMX frames, but for some reason longer, there might be a need to beef up the dropsout. i used to bend dropouts on my BMX frames pretty regularly, but i always thought an extra mm or two of thickness would prolly fix that problem pretty quickly. I am not a big fan of doing special heat treats in general, especially when I am not 100% familiar with the material, the company or the fabricators (this is not necessarily a specific reference to the nemesis project). A good reason for this: temper embrittlement.

headtube ovalizing problems: seems again to be a good place for a little extra material and not necessarily a heat treat as the solution.

bb: has anyone ever in the history of bikes had the bb-tube portion of the frame itself fail? the weld maybe. the bb definitely, but the bb tube? come to think of it, i did ding one once, but is it that common?

of course using differently heat treated parts in different areas on the frame is possible. in fact, it is a great idea. the trouble is that a lot of thought and prolly money has to go into finding the right HT / weld / HT sequence to get all of the desirable properties from all of the different parts. in the end to do it optimally, its gonna be a lot of work and prolly not worth it if you arent making a bazillion frames....just use thicker tubes.

i wrote this not to bash the frame, but to learn why these guys are doing what they do? anyone who actually knows (that means i dont wanna hear regurgitated-magazine-ad-techno-drivel) wanna clue me in?

ps the 'bike' looks cool, but get the stem painted to match.
    To air is human, to dig is divine.

mtbr member
    Swank daddy paint job. People can't yet recognize the retro-avant-garde-coolism that is the sparkly green.

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    I agree with every thing execpt the part about(using differently heat treated parts in different areas on the frame is possible) if you heatreat after you weld then every thing will be the same if you heat treat then weld then you trashed the heattreat and some parts get stronger or more flexy on the same frame .
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffer
    sorry, i am long winded.....blah blah blah.

i have to toss my hat in the ring of curious people. i dont really see a big reason to use such material and processing intensive techniques on parts like bbs, headtubes and dropouts.

dropouts: i suppose with more and more people using long horizontal style dropouts બa BMX frames, but for some reason longer, there might be a need to beef up the dropsout. i used to bend dropouts on my BMX frames pretty regularly, but i always thought an extra mm or two of thickness would prolly fix that problem pretty quickly. I am not a big fan of doing special heat treats in general, especially when I am not 100% familiar with the material, the company or the fabricators (this is not necessarily a specific reference to the nemesis project). A good reason for this: temper embrittlement.

headtube ovalizing problems: seems again to be a good place for a little extra material and not necessarily a heat treat as the solution.

bb: has anyone ever in the history of bikes had the bb-tube portion of the frame itself fail? the weld maybe. the bb definitely, but the bb tube? come to think of it, i did ding one once, but is it that common?

of course using differently heat treated parts in different areas on the frame is possible. in fact, it is a great idea. the trouble is that a lot of thought and prolly money has to go into finding the right HT / weld / HT sequence to get all of the desirable properties from all of the different parts. in the end to do it optimally, its gonna be a lot of work and prolly not worth it if you arent making a bazillion frames....just use thicker tubes.

i wrote this not to bash the frame, but to learn why these guys are doing what they do? anyone who actually knows (that means i dont wanna hear regurgitated-magazine-ad-techno-drivel) wanna clue me in?

ps the 'bike' looks cool, but get the stem painted to match.

Former Noob Herder
    there was a good point made (i assume) on Ridemonkey about heat treating an entire 4130 frame. The high temps involved (1100C) and quenching would severely distort the frame. So you probably wont find any 4130 frames out there that are post-weld treated.

And stress relieving (or normalizing) isnt the same thing as tempering (heat treating). Stupid generic terms...

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Are these frames gonna be for asle anytime soon? or is it just a one off deal?
    Andrew Clark
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Rogue Posse
    Broken Clothing
    Soul Cycles
    Deity Components
    SixSixOne
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Also, I think it was a good idea going with the 66. I would do it myself if I had the money. The 35mm stanchions on the 66 would make it alot stiffer than the other marzocchi's that all have 32mm.
    Andrew Clark
    - - - - - - - - - - -
    Rogue Posse
    Broken Clothing
    Soul Cycles
    Deity Components
    SixSixOne
    - - - - - - - - - - - -

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    You are right, my bad same equiment diffrent out come .Could the frame be put into a jig that held all the the dementions during the stress relieving then put harden incerts in the bb.Then go with a heavy duty head set.
    there was a good point made (i assume) on Ridemonkey about heat treating an entire 4130 frame. The high temps involved (1100C) and quenching would severely distort the frame. So you probably wont find any 4130 frames out there that are post-weld treated.

And stress relieving (or normalizing) isnt the same thing as tempering (heat treating). Stupid generic terms...

Former Noob Herder
    You are right, my bad same equiment diffrent out come .Could the frame be put into a jig that held all the the dementions during the stress relieving then put harden incerts in the bb.Then go with a heavy duty head set.
    well, the jig would deform as well, possibly differently, and tear the frame apart.

its not needed. Hell, nobody was ever concerned or was aware about this until this thread.

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    I dont think so I am am aero space certified welder and the parts that I weld have to hold there tolerances to about 30 thousands and thats after a mill spec heat treat (stress reveive and then harden) so it can be done .its not needed. Hell, nobody was ever concerned or was aware about this until this thread true but I just cracked a frame right at the edge of the weld so it is on my mind. There is room for inprovement [/QUOTE]
    well, the jig would deform as well, possibly differently, and tear the frame apart.

its not needed. Hell, nobody was ever concerned or was aware about this until this thread.

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    I agree with every thing execpt the part about(using differently heat treated parts in different areas on the frame is possible) if you heatreat after you weld then every thing will be the same if you heat treat then weld then you trashed the heattreat and some parts get stronger or more flexy on the same frame .
    i understand what you are saying with regard to HT-weld or weld-HT processing. however, i do think it is possible to get the individual properties that you want from the different parts. it just means you cant just toss the frame in the oven and look up the standard recipe for stress relieving a 4130 alloy after welding and plug the numbers into the controller. it means you actually to have to either find the perfect HT-weld-HT process that will let you stress relieve after welding and not kill your original HT or use a non-traditional SR technique where you only stress relieve the affected areas. it can and has been done (at least in the lab ). to me it's simply the high cost involved in developing the process that makes it a no go.

Sirstopsalot
    Aug 2004
    I spoke with the guy that picks up our heattreat and he said it was posible. They coat parts of the frame with somthing that looks like tar but you would still have the problem with the less flexy parts( hard and britle) mating with the flexy parts right there during the transition between the two is were you have the problems so thicker tubing stress relive the frame or stress relive the frame and use inserts in the problen parts
    Quote Originally Posted by chuffer
    i understand what you are saying with regard to HT-weld or weld-HT processing. however, i do think it is possible to get the individual properties that you want from the different parts. it just means you cant just toss the frame in the oven and look up the standard recipe for stress relieving a 4130 alloy after welding and plug the numbers into the controller. it means you actually to have to either find the perfect HT-weld-HT process that will let you stress relieve after welding and not kill your original HT or use a non-traditional SR technique where you only stress relieve the affected areas. it can and has been done (at least in the lab ). to me it's simply the high cost involved in developing the process that makes it a no go.

-arschloch-
    Apr 2004
    I spoke with the guy that picks up our heattreat and he said it was posible. They coat parts of the frame with somthing that looks like tar but you would still have the problem with the less flexy parts( hard and britle) mating with the flexy parts right there during the transition between the two is were you have the problems so thicker tubing stress relive the frame or stress relive the frame and use inserts in the problen parts
    like i said, it is possible. whether or not it is worth it is another question completely.

mtbr member
    I had to make new spacers to raise the cartrige up to reduce the travel from 150mm to 100mm .
    Marzocchi has a 22.20 mm plastic spacer in the fork between the top out spring and the
    C clip that holds the cartrige in .
    The part that was replace with Ti was the spacer
    so... 22.20mm ti spacer - that'd be "a bit of old ti handlebar" then?

Crazy stab in the dark - a bit of old Titec/Bontrager handlebar?

Just guessing now - My daughter had a set of my old Titec bars on her bike when she was 4 (I prefer my kids to ride bikes with the bars at the same height as the saddle, not with their hands way up in the air).

I'd forgotten about fitting these bars to her bike (she's 10 now), so when someone was after a titec flat bar the other day, I went a hunting in the shed... I'd trimmed them down to about 15in her :-)

Actually, I guess if I found the offcuts, I could send you them to use as "custom hand made spacers" or whatever :-)

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by ScaryJerry
    No offense, but I think it's sacreligious to cut down a 7 inch single crown to 4 inches.....
    what about a 6 inch single crown down to 2 inches.....
    Last edited by .WestCoastHucker.; 01-23-2007 at 09:59 AM.

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    As all ways.......... some nice shiat coming from Nemesis, good work Brad!
    That frame looks great, can't wait to see the bike all build up.

Regards

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer
    As all ways.......... some nice shiat coming from Nemesis, good work Brad!
    That frame looks great, can't wait to see the bike all build up.

Regards

Lou
    That was the first frame we ever built , someone posted to this thread .. it's like 3 years old !
    Follow me on Instagram for up to date build pics -Brad4130
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    what about a 6 inch single crown down to 2 inches.....
    Hahahah

Mike
    You posted to the thread that was like 3 years old .. lol
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Elitest thrill junkie
    Quote Originally Posted by lastminutebastrd
    Not that I don't believe you... but... exactly what internals were replaced with titanium? And why? Pretty close to raising the BS flag on that one.

Nice lookin frame, though.
    It doesn't matter, a crap-feeling fork is still a crap feeling fork, even with Ti internals. The VF damper is pretty crappy, but you can't reduce the travel of the 66s that have decent damping systems (except for the SL model), so you get a strong 100mm fork, but it will feel pretty crappy still.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

#1 Ho

I know that this is an old thread but did you ever get any from the hot kayak chic. If so my bike might be headed for a new paint job.
    [Go big then go home

Pro Crastinator
    Hahahah

Mike
    i was looking back thru your threads trying to find a pic of the MTX. then i noticed that someone was sipping the haterade and thought it would be fun to bring back.......

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    It doesn't matter, a crap-feeling fork is still a crap feeling fork, even with Ti internals. The VF damper is pretty crappy, but you can't reduce the travel of the 66s that have decent damping systems (except for the SL model), so you get a strong 100mm fork, but it will feel pretty crappy still.
    Well I'll be the first to say it .. Jayem your flat out wrong !
    Both the fork pictured and the new 06" 66vf2 when tuned properly have amazing damping .

Sure stock the 66vf's dont have the damping feel of a 66rc2x but you would be very surprised on what we have done to the newer 66vf2's when tuned with the proper oil weight and volume matched with our travel reduction spacer/ high speed compression shim them damping feel is not only increased but the over all curve of were it activates is changed so the ride feel is completly difernt than stock !

We have sold quite a few 66vf2's in the past year and ALL our customers have been very happy with their tuned forks .

You posted to a thread that's 3 years old FYI
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    i was looking back thru your threads trying to find a pic of the MTX. then i noticed that someone was sipping the haterade and thought it would be fun to bring back.......
    No worries ... always good to put thoes haters in their place .

The mtx frame I built was the dried blood frame with the white 66vf2 on the front .
    I had pics posted with it leaned against a small wooden bench !!

BTW: it'a all boxed up ready to go to UPS
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

DWF
    Non Dual Bliss
    Good thing it's 3 years old or I'd go to town on the heat treat clowns. Hey, that rhymes....
    A man must have enemies and places he is not welcome. In the end we are not only defined by our friends but those against us.

Glad to Be Alive
    Hahahah

Mike

head be skipping beats
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

GOD SPEED # 58 # 69 RIP
    Lou
    That was the first frame we ever built , someone posted to this thread .. it's like 3 years old !
    Ha,ha........well still nice though i like the way you put your bikes together nothing but bling,blings.........the ones you have @ the Interbike looks off the hook. Keep up the good work, talk to you later.

Elitest thrill junkie

We have sold quite a few 66vf2's in the past year and ALL our customers have been very happy with their tuned forks .

Everyone who rides a VF2 without ever having tried a decently damped fork thinks it's the sh*t.

BTW, I don't doubt the "drop/jump" ability of the fork, that's low speed damping and easily tuned, but the bumps in between the jumps and drops, or after the jumps and drops, are where the fork will suck.
    "It's only when you stand over it, you know, when you physically stand over the bike, that then you say 'hey, I don't have much stand over height', you know"-T. Ellsworth

You're turning black metallic.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    head be skipping beats

I'm jsut cracking up reading people responses to the first posting of our tuned fork and first pic's of our frames waaay back 3 years ago .

My 2 favorites

Quote Originally Posted by Zerossix
    thats an awefully nice paint job for a street bike...
    Hhahahah then Mr. Zerossix goes and get's a crazy million color orange for his SA NICE !

Quote Originally Posted by SamAlter
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dropoff
    Sam ended up getting one of our tune Z-1 for his super bad ass Mob , personally I think it's a much better choice than a manapoo jumper ... hahahahah
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pvflyer
    Ha,ha........well still nice though i like the way you put your bikes together nothing but bling,blings.........the ones you have @ the Interbike looks off the hook. Keep up the good work, talk to you later.
    WOw great compliment ..thank you !

Nice to hear our stuff is still considered bling bling after 3 years !

Thanks for everyone who has supported Nemesis Project over the past 3 years !!
    -Brad
    Nem-Pro store
    Nem-Pro Blog

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayem
    .....BTW, I don't doubt the "drop/jump" ability of the fork, that's low speed damping and easily tuned, but the bumps in between the jumps and drops, or after the jumps and drops, are where the fork will suck.
    no offense jayem, but don't know d!ck about what makes a good dj/park fork...
    people who ride lots of dj/park arent old farts who rely on the suspension to make up for their lack of smoothness and bike handling.....

Just Ride
    Hhahahah then Mr. Zerossix goes and get's a crazy million color orange for his SA NICE !

yeah....i was hoping that wasnt this thread. haha. yeah i thought the idea was dumb as hell originally, i'm not gunna lie. but now i love the idea! my bike is hot hot hot. its got a couple kncks in it now....i noticed a new one today at the bmx track, i got all sad......

edit: i'm gunna need to call you out on the deity stem though...tisk tisk brad...

Glad to Be Alive
    no offense jayem, but don't know d!ck about what makes a good dj/park fork...
    people who ride lots of dj/park arent old farts who rely on the suspension to make up for their lack of smoothness and bike handling.....

Mike
    did you get exactly what you wanted in the fork??
    did it meet, excede, do worse then you expected
    would you buy one again

I don't know about you, Jayem, but this is a jump bike......for pools and doubles....not mtn bike riding....so your theory of bumps between jumps doesn't hold water in fact it is rolling down the drain ainto the sewer
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by SHIVER ME TIMBERS
    Mike
    1. did you get exactly what you wanted in the fork??
    2. did it meet, excede, do worse then you expected
    3. would you buy one again.
    1. yes, i wanted a fork with only enough squish to absorb shocks at the dubbs and park (not an over-pumped DJ1)
    2. meets, i also wanted to lighten my bike from a DJ1 and not sacrifice strength/stiffness
    3. absolutely, in-fact, i eagerly await the day...

[email protected] NYC Freerider
    awsome stuff brad...shyt has come a long way since your first frame...i got the chance to try out one of your slammed z.1's and was very impressed.

Glad to Be Alive
    1. yes, i wanted a fork with only enough squish to absorb shocks at the dubbs and park (not an over-pumped DJ1)
    2. meets, i also wanted to lighten my bike from a DJ1 and not sacrifice strength/stiffness
    3. absolutely, in-fact, i eagerly await the day...

there you go

mtbr remember
    I'm jsut cracking up reading people responses to the first posting of our tuned fork and first pic's of our frames waaay back 3 years ago .

My 2 favorites

Sam ended up getting one of our tune Z-1 for his super bad ass Mob , personally I think it's a much better choice than a manapoo jumper ... hahahahah

I remember this thread now, haha....

more proof our society is overly accepting of hypocrisy.
    Schralp it Heavy.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005

Heat treating and stress relieving the frame are not the same. What you're thinking of is annealing.

I post too much.
    Great, now what about MY frame?

Members who have read this thread: 0