Springs for vivid 5.1- Mtbr.com
    Roll on Spring Time!

Springs for vivid 5.1

having to decide whether or not to sell my Ti spring or the pushed Dhx5 with the Ti spring and starting from scratch, i came across the recent reviews of the vivid 5.1. after searching for a UK price i saw chain reactions offering superb price but with no spring or bushes. called them up and asked what springs they had which would fit. i was told manitou springs would be fine . luckily i called tf tuned to discuss the price of having the dhx retuned for my weight and find out the tec is trying out a vivid(not likey likey too much but admitted it needs to be set up correctly still), so i axed him about the spring and was told only a RS spring would fit . if thats true then i am glad i didnt place the order with CRC and it doesnt help if CRC are selling vivids with no option for springs. i will try and contact uk SRAM supplier and find out whats what, or it'll defo be selling the Ti spring to pay for retuningg the dhx.
    I just want to ride.

moaaar shimz
    Vivid uses larger diameter shock body AFAIK to fit large o-rings and seals, so I would guess only RS Springs fit.

KEEP ROLLING
    CRC are selling the springs now

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by juan pablo
    having to decide whether or not to sell my Ti spring or the pushed Dhx5 with the Ti spring and starting from scratch, i came across the recent reviews of the vivid 5.1. after searching for a UK price i saw chain reactions offering superb price but with no spring or bushes. called them up and asked what springs they had which would fit. i was told manitou springs would be fine . luckily i called tf tuned to discuss the price of having the dhx retuned for my weight and find out the tec is trying out a vivid(not likey likey too much but admitted it needs to be set up correctly still), so i axed him about the spring and was told only a RS spring would fit . if thats true then i am glad i didnt place the order with CRC and it doesnt help if CRC are selling vivids with no option for springs. i will try and contact uk SRAM supplier and find out whats what, or it'll defo be selling the Ti spring to pay for retuningg the dhx.
    If you do go with a Vivid and want a Ti spring check out www.obtainiumperformanceproducts.com they will ship worldwide.The Vivid uses a 1.5"ID. or 38.1mmID.TFtuned and Pushindustries are working on customtunes for the Vivid.

Members who have read this thread: 0