sponorship?- Mtbr.com

Thread: sponorship?

mtbr member
    Apr 2004

sponorship?

is the only way to get sponsored for free riding by actually riding in comps or will companies still sponsor you even if you don't compete? i was wondering because i haven't ever ridden in any comps but was thinking about trying to get sponsored.
    Live to Ride
    Ride to Live

Mountain Biking - "A mode of transportation that combines the strenuousness of continuous pushups with the comfort of falling down a flight of steps in a shopping cart." Newsweek 7-19-93

My For Sale Parts List Here PM for info

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    You gotta think...what's in it for the company? They sponsor to get their products/name noticed. They aren't just going to sponsor you for the fun of it.

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeforlife
    is the only way to get sponsored for free riding by actually riding in comps or will companies still sponsor you even if you don't compete? i was wondering because i haven't ever ridden in any comps but was thinking about trying to get sponsored.
    Maybe send in a vid to some companies or something? Im not sure how you would go about it but that could help maybe. What comps are there to ride in besides dh races and stuff? all the ones I hear about are invitationals, but thats proabably why I only hear about those...
    And hey, you stole my signature...give it back
    live to ride, ride to live

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby
    You gotta think...what's in it for the company? They sponsor to get their products/name noticed. They aren't just going to sponsor you for the fun of it.
    thats true to. you have to be someone or become someone that people will think "hey he's good and rides that frame so maybe they are really good" some thing like that.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Pro Crastinator
    yo, i jumped a jump and hucked a huck. sponsor me, i gots me some skills.....

where's the kick stand?
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    yo, i jumped a jump and hucked a huck. sponsor me, i gots me some skills.....
    see, WCH knows how to get sponsored.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

V10 Freerider
    Ask not what a sponsor can do for you but what you can do for a sponsor.....

And oh yeah. gits u sum skilzz 2
    The Super T you have is really a very good fork. I'd take that fork over a Fox 40 or a Boxer unless i was entering a fashon contest instead of a race

Members who have read this thread: 0