Spinergy Xyclone Disc Wheelset for Freeriding?- Mtbr.com
    ride it like you stole it

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead! Spinergy Xyclone Disc Wheelset for Freeriding?

I was wondering if anyone has used the Spinergy Xyclone Disc wheelset for freeriding and if so what you think about it? I am not doing anything huge but some aggressive northshore style stuff and am getting more and more into some drops of 4 to 6 feet. I have the opportunity to get a sweet deal on these wheels but I want them to hold up to some abuse and give me the opportunity to progress my skills with them.

Are you talking to me?

No!

I do not think that is the way to go. I am shocked no one else has picked up on this yet. There will be other postings on this, I am sure.

Your skills are progressing? Get some Outlaws and be done with it. The Spinergy's may be ok, but why?
    gfy

LA CHÈVRE
    Xyclones are not even stiff enough for XC so I would not, I repeat, not use them for freeriding.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

ride it like you stole it
    The only reason that I am asking if they would be good/stiff enough for aggressive riding/light freeriding is because I can nab them for a really sweet deal. Plus they look pretty sweet with the white spokes. With the Xyclones aside, what does anyone think about the Fall Lines?

LA CHÈVRE
    Fall lines should be stronger but forget the Xyclones, 150pounds XC racers find them noodly soft! I never have been impressed with Spinergy's quality and products but I have not seen/tried the Fall Lines.

DAN.GEROUS.NET : MOUNTAIN BIKING : CYCLOCROSS : ROAD :

Members who have read this thread: 0