Specialized E150 Future Shock- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Jul 2007

Specialized E150 Future Shock

Been riding the new E150 fork this summer and have been having a ton of trouble with it. Blown cartridges, air leaks and broken travel adjustments, etc. Anyone else out there experiencing similar problems?

Gangbusters
    Jun 2007
    Yeah, everyone who bought the iPhone!...Just kidding....**** that is new and tech, usually has to go through one or two genrations before they get the kinks out.

Now with flavor!!
    Specialized will have a new one at your bike shop within a few days.

Those things are about 50/50 success rate and specialized knows it.

Mine's been fine but many others haven't
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

Pro Crastinator
    Quote Originally Posted by kidwoo
    Specialized ....
    you must have a sponsorship in the works, you've really been swinging from the SpecialEd nutsack a lot lately...

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by .WestCoastHucker.
    you must have a sponsorship in the works, you've really been swinging from the SpecialEd nutsack a lot lately...

Having trouble reading entire threads?

Quote Originally Posted by kidoo
    Those things are about 50/50 success rate
    Oh jesus......... They really are claiming it's some new standard?
    The headset deal is BS. They're the only company I know of using a larger diameter.
    STRAVA: Enabling dorks everywhere to get trails shut down........ all for the sake of a race on the internet.

mtbr member
    That's three negative comments in a huge pile of nut swinging.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardtails Are Better
    That's three negative comments in a huge pile of nut swinging.
    Well, kidwoo is soon to be a pro racer sponsored by Specialized as the first gay pro downhiller. Hes a trailblazer for gay and lesbian rights!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    Well, kidwoo is soon to be a pro racer sponsored by Specialized as the first gay pro downhiller. Hes a trailblazer for gay and lesbian rights!
    Nothin' wrong with that. I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever used Al Gore's interweb no knows what his favorite bike is though. Kidwoo, are you planning to race DH on your Enduro? Do you really think it can keep up with a purpose built DH bike?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by matt
    first gay pro downhiller.
    Even if he was, he probably wouldn't be the first. Not calling anyone in particular out, just saying. Maybe the first openly gay pro DHer....

Now with flavor!!
    Nothin' wrong with that. I'm pretty sure everyone who's ever used Al Gore's interweb no knows what his favorite bike is though. Kidwoo, are you planning to race DH on your Enduro? Do you really think it can keep up with a purpose built DH bike?

Why would I need to race my enduro in a dh race?

mmmmm salty

There's only one bike I'm ga ga about. The enduro. And that's the only one I've slathered praise all over too. You haven't heard one mention about that demo have you? Or the P.1 I own eh?

The reason I speak up about them is I also know more about them than most people here

Bike Ninja |||

mmmmm salty

There's only one bike I'm ga ga about. The enduro. And that's the only one I've slathered praise all over too. You haven't heard one mention about that demo have you? Or the P.1 I own eh?

very nice demo!

and is it just my eyes, or is that a 170mm 888?

and also back on subject, my shop has had a few problems with blow up cartridges...
    Proud to represent Mojo Wheels.

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by chooofoojoo
    very nice demo!

and is it just my eyes, or is that a 170mm 888?

Yup. I got this thing for the low BB setting and with an 8" fork, the headangle was 64 degrees. It rode like crap so I found an old 7" version to bring the front end down. I'm happy with it now.

Not sure why they changed the headangle this year but it sucks with an 8" fork unless you run it in the high setting.

mtbr member
    Wow, you really are a Specialized brand ho!

Just to be entirely clear, nothing I said in this thread was meant to be taken seriously.

Now with flavor!!
    Wow, you really are a Specialized brand ho!
    Just kind of turned out that way. Trust me it has more to do with bike geometry than what's printed on the downtube.

Takw/agranofsalt
    Jan 2005
    Just kind of turned out that way. Trust me it has more to do with bike geometry than what's printed on the downtube.
    But didn't you just say the geo was crap and you had to swap to a shorter travel fork to correct it??

Now with flavor!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Khemical
    But didn't you just say the geo was crap and you had to swap to a shorter travel fork to correct it??

Yeah but I bought it for the chainstays.

It's the only dh bike with sub 17" stays that I know of.

I knew I might have to do that before I bought the bike (and hence get an even lower bb......a good thing) but I was also curious to see what the 64deg headangle felt like.

Besides......some of their published numbers were never right on in the past anyway.

mtbr member
    Nice fork

mmmmm salty

The reason I speak up about them is I also know more about them than most people here

mtbr member
    First specialized doesnt specialize in making forks, they basically just started making suspension and not one company gets stuff right the first time. you got to give specialized a break. there bikes are good and there suspension might not be the best but it will be good some day, when they get it right

Members who have read this thread: 0