specialized big hit vs giant glory- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member

specialized big hit vs giant glory

Planing to get a new frame.
    I'm using a 03 specialized big hit pro, which is 24 inch rear.
    It's really difficult to buy 24 inch tyres here.
    So, the 07/08 specialized big hit and 07/08 giant glory, which will be better for free riding and some DH racig?
    Should I get the glory DH? Is it good for free riding too?
    I like the colors of the glory DH. 08 glory 8 got really boring color.
    Last edited by foxracing; 10-08-2007 at 01:51 AM.
    Ride fast, yet ride smart!

Shop *****
    Glory is fer sho better than Big Hit...
    the Glory DH is almost exclusively DH, but I am sure it could be set up for fr
    Quote Originally Posted by <sL4yEr>RuLz
    All good suggestions. What kind of "ass-orderant" would you recommend?

mtbr member
    24" rear sucks, and BigShits are mad ugly. But to be honest, the Glory DH isn't a freeride bike, and like drakan said, almost exclusively a DH bike. Not to say that the Glory DH wouldn't hold up to repeated hucks etc, but it was designed with DH racing in mind, not FR.

It sounds like your out of the US (can't get 24" tires), so are availability problems keeping you away from other bike companies? If not, there are a million other bikes not from Giant and Spec that work great for both DH and FR.

mtbr member
    Jun 2005
    24' rear BH was a great bike, longlasting one. New 26' version looks more normal, I had no accasion to ride it thou.
    Both new BH and glory FR are great bikes. Personally I'd go with giant - alvays good value for the money. It seems you cant got wrong in fr with any of them.
    Last edited by gruczniak; 10-08-2007 at 07:32 AM.

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    get the 8 inch glory if you want to freeride. Its still very very DH capable, and i doubt you're going to find that you suddenly can't be huck nasty with only 8 inches of travel and a ridiculously strong build/frame

Registered Jong
    Joke? The giant glory is in a different class than the bh thus it is literally 2 times the amount of money. Glory, duh.

i drink shower water
    they make a glory Freeride bike. buy that.

http://www.giant-bicycle.com/en-US/b...in/1287/29382/

i like my big hit but its not even close to stock. the new frames are ugly as hell. but they ride nice. I am actually getting a new bike and its a toss up between the FR Glory and the Demo 7.
    Prison is hard, everything else is easy

thats not to steep is it?
    i have a bighit too. with almost nothing left stock. and it rides really well now. but go with the glory. way better bike
    07' fsr xc pro
    06' bighit2
    05 hardrock comp set up as a dj bike
    02 fat boy hemi

mtbr member
    Oct 2006
    My brother has a bighit and I have rented a glory fr at N* and I have to saw the glory pedals better but the bighit rides way smoother and faster.
    Go BIG or Go HOME

mtbr member
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm only buying a frame, not a complete bike, so I'd use most of my old components.

Dowst
    Yes, I'm out of US, but I can also choose from SANTA CRUZ, KONA, MONGOOSE, CANNONDALE, YETI etc.
    But big hit and glory are most affordable, and easy to get. I don't like the designs of cannondale, yeti(except 303), mongoose and kona. SC too expensive.

Pistol2NE,
    It's not a joke. And on the price I can get, these two frames are really comparable.
    Actually, almost the same price.
    Plus glory comes with reducer headset, BB and rear hub, but Big hit comes with seat collar and seat post only.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryBoy
    My brother has a bighit and I have rented a glory fr at N* and I have to saw the glory pedals better but the bighit rides way smoother and faster.
    his bro's big hit is nice.. i nose dived a 3 or so foot drop and it soaked it all up
    "Ride Life Ride Giant"

mtbr member
    Yeah, I like my big hit a lot except the 24 rear wheel.
    Just so difficult to get the damn rubbers.
    I'm running a 24 maxxis high roller 2.7 rear, 60a compound, still wearing so fast.
    I got two spare, but I'm gonna run out all of them finally. And within a short time.
    So I have to buy another frame.

Registered Jong
    Quote Originally Posted by foxracing
    Thanks everyone.
    I'm only buying a frame, not a complete bike, so I'd use most of my old components.

Dowst
    Yes, I'm out of US, but I can also choose from SANTA CRUZ, KONA, MONGOOSE, CANNONDALE, YETI etc.
    But big hit and glory are most affordable, and easy to get. I don't like the designs of cannondale, yeti(except 303), mongoose and kona. SC too expensive.

Pistol2NE,
    It's not a joke. And on the price I can get, these two frames are really comparable.
    Actually, almost the same price.
    Plus glory comes with reducer headset, BB and rear hub, but Big hit comes with seat collar and seat post only.
    Sorry for asuming this was a joke, but obviously if you can get both frames for the same price then go for the glory without a doubt I mean the glory is raced at world cup level stuff where as the big hit um no?

mtbr member
    Thanks!
    I'll go GLORY for sure!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dowst
    24" rear sucks
    the dh glory has 24" rear?..

ohhhhhhh

nvm the big hit does
    Last edited by dervishboy05; 10-10-2007 at 09:18 AM.

The Bad
    get the glory... im on one rite now and its awsome for well... everything i put it through... running the 66 sl1-ata... no complaints here... fast, light, jumps great, and corners awsome...GET THE GLORY

Members who have read this thread: 0