Specialized Big Hit 05...- Mtbr.com
    mtbr member
    Oct 2007

Smile Specialized Big Hit 05...

well im looking at buying this bike. now i want to know if it is good for djing, fr and dh. also i ride to alot of places and ive heard a fs rig sucks up alot of your pedaling. if this correct how much longer would it take if i could ride 1 km in 5 min. Also proably the most important question what is the major ups and downs. i like to bunny hop, mono(proably not so good on fs) doing large drops and jumps a of course riding to places

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....tab%3DWatching

they both look good except for pazzaz forks or something. thanks...
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    Suck and suck.

It'd take you 29 days 14 hours 36 minutes and 11 seconds. You would be able to bunny hop exactly 4.216 inches. I don't know what mono is... I wouldn't EVER want to get mono from a bike... or at all.

Big Hit Spec... single pivot. Cheap construction, cheap build, the usual downsides to a single pivot.

The other Big Hit is not a 2005. 24" rear wheel sucks for getting over things. Bike feels awkward. I did have one. Doesn't like to go uphill. Construction is pretty stout, but those old rocker links are kind of flimsy.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    so nay. but anyways just browsing and found it. though it was worth a mention
    My curent bike- STP1 .

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kona-Stinky-D...QQcmdZViewItem

newest mention looks more promising
    My curent bike- STP1 .

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by XSL_WiLL
    Suck and suck.

It'd take you 29 days 14 hours 36 minutes and 11 seconds. You would be able to bunny hop exactly 4.216 inches. I don't know what mono is... I wouldn't EVER want to get mono from a bike... or at all.

Big Hit Spec... single pivot. Cheap construction, cheap build, the usual downsides to a single pivot.

The other Big Hit is not a 2005. 24" rear wheel sucks for getting over things. Bike feels awkward. I did have one. Doesn't like to go uphill. Construction is pretty stout, but those old rocker links are kind of flimsy.
    Meh, I may be the only one on this board that feels this way, but you annoy the fu*k out of me. I don't know why. You usually have semi accurate stuff to say, I guess it must be your attitude. Seems like you need to spend more time getting laid, riding bikes, and having fun... rather than trying to cut down little kids who enjoy bikes.
    And OP, get the FSR Bighit, it will serve you well for at least a year. By then you'll know your preferences and get the perfect bike for you.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks. is that the second 1, also how is the kona stinky and what forks does it have.
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by GnaR9
    Meh, I may be the only one on this board that feels this way, but you annoy the fu*k out of me. I don't know why. You usually have semi accurate stuff to say, I guess it must be your attitude. Seems like you need to spend more time getting laid, riding bikes, and having fun... rather than trying to cut down little kids who enjoy bikes.
    And OP, get the FSR Bighit, it will serve you well for at least a year. By then you'll know your preferences and get the perfect bike for you.
    I spend plenty of time doing all that. I don't really care what you or others may or do have to say. After all, you're just another anonymous face behind a computer screen. Your opinion... really isn't important. Besides, there's no pleasing everybody.

Now how am I supposed to tell him exactly how long it would take to travel a kilometer? That was indeed sarcasm and not "attitude." But whatever, if it makes you happier to think that I'm a pompous ass that doesn't get any or ride or have fun, then by all means, continue to think that. I don't think I need to justify that I do live a life.

Meh.
    The fork is a Drop Off Triple. Fork kinda sucks, but it's fine for you to learn with. I'd take that Stinky over the Bighit. Sure FSR might be more neutral, other than that, it's got nothing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    so back to what we were talking about. Kona stinky...
    My curent bike- STP1 .

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    will and gnar9 what is pazzaz forks, sounds like poz to me. oh and people what do you recomend DC boxxers or marzocchi 55's
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    Read the post prior to your own. Buy a bike and go ride. I'm sure none of those bikes are goin to be a limitation to your current skill level.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    if i was to upgrade....
    My curent bike- STP1 .

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    my kid has had both those bikes & he rocks on the fsr bighit. he liked the spec, but the fsr is much better,in his opinion.

Meh.
    If the Boxxer has Motion Control damping, I'd pick the Boxxer. Depends which 55 it is. Why does it even matter? Just ride the bike. As I said, the fork would hardly be hindering you.

I've had both bikes as well. I still prefer the geo and ride of the Stinky to the Bighit. As I said, the Bighit is more neutral while braking. I feel as if that's about as much as it had to offer. It was heavy and awkward. The wheel hung up on lots of stuff. It was capable enough on the shore, but I prefer a versatile ride.

Besides, that Specialized is pretty old. It's likely been ridden hard. Aluminum fatigues, I bet those pivots and shock hardware need to be replaced. The remainder of the components are outdated or just plain heavy.

If it were a new Bighit, I would probably to say to go that route.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    BTW, none of those bikes are going to be particularly good at the DJs. The Stinky is probably the most versatile of the bunch... but still...

All in all, I still think that you're better off buying a hardtail that can do it all. It's cheaper, easier to maintain, and great to learn on.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    well whats some good hardtails? i would like to find a good deal on ebay second hand.
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    I had already posted a number of links in your last thread...

p.bikes (without the 24" rear), Cannondale Chase, DMR, Kona DJ line, Giant STP, Santa Cruz Chameleon, some of the Norcos, Gary Fisher GED, PHD, Scott Voltage, etc, etc, etc.

The Felt that you supposedly had was a fine bike.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    thanks again. so do you suggest hardtail
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    Quote Originally Posted by reecelean000
    thanks again. so do you suggest hardtail

Does that answer your question?

Glad to Be Alive
    DO NOT BUY THE BIG HIT SPEC......very lousy

I do like the Big hit regular (second ad)
    the trick is ENJOYING YOUR LIFE EACH DAY, don't waste them away wishing for better days

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    someone just brought the stinky lol. proably someone on this forum
    My curent bike- STP1 .

Meh.
    I doubt it. Not many aussies. And it's 4:30 in the morning here in the midwest. 5:30AM on the east coast.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    I was in the same position as you, I wanted a bighit but everyone kept telling me it couldn't pedal and that it was an old design and it was more DH oriented, well after posting for recommendations I ended up with a 7point. I'm very happy with it. You will probably benefit from that type of bike like the kona stinky cause they're not as hard to pedal as a more DH oriented bike and can take the beating of dj,fr, and some DH and would be easier to toss around, although as not as stable as a DH rig at high speeds. Kona seems like a great option and you can get a great deal on one, I haven't had the pleasure to ride one myself but try getting some feedback on people who do the kinda riding you want to do with it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    and also, what is your price range?? 1000$, 2000$??

StraightOuttaCompton
    get a 7point or a stinky, they are lighter, more flickable, and easier to pedal.
    HARDTAIL PRIDE- 09 Kona Five-0

Members who have read this thread: 0